Where can i buy HoT?

Where can i buy HoT?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Sifu.9745

Sifu.9745

I mean in my country i have been checking stores/game shops but can’t find it anywhere. There is only GW2 Heroic edition base game available. I would like to buy HoT for my friend’s birthday, but i can only pay with “physical” money, i don’t have credit cards, Visas etc.
What now? Why has Anet removed HoT from stores? Do they really expect that all players have access to credit cards?

Where can i buy HoT?

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

After core release they quit making hardcopies of the game.
Buying a code and upgrading your acount, and thus your launcher, is the only way to play HoT and PoF. There’s no more discs or the like

Where can i buy HoT?

Sifu.9745

No more hardcopies? So i won’t be able to buy PoF that way?
Ok i am done with this game then, going back to WoW. I hope this game will die with such an ignorant treatment to their customers.

Where can i buy HoT?

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

After core release they quit making hardcopies of the game.
Buying a code and upgrading your acount, and thus your launcher, is the only way to play HoT and PoF. There’s no more discs or the like

No they didn’t, I got my HoT from amazon and it came with the disk. (that doesn’t help for looking for a cash purchase though).PoF is a code while in pre-purchase, but who really knows after the 22nd, but I suspect your are right for PoF, but not HoT.
(BTW an online search of the 3 EB games stores in my area still have HoT in store—disk or not, don’t know, but one could make a cash purchase there. Maybe that could happen for for PoF after release)

(edited by Blude.6812)

Where can i buy HoT?

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

Ok i am done with this game then, going back to WoW. I hope this game will die with such an ignorant treatment to their customers.

They definately have hard copies. I’ve seen them at my local stores about a year back.

I don’t know why you’re blaming Anet. Its the stores that choose thier own stock. If I were a store manager, I don’t think I would restock a 2+ year old game once copies are sold out. If you ask nicely, they may be able to do a special order for you.

Where can i buy HoT?

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Well… if you’re gonna judge the quality of a game on wether you can have a physical disc or not.. i don’t know really know how to reply to that.

Ps, apparently HoT still had physical discs, but i think they quit on that since revenue was too little.

Where can i buy HoT?

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

Do they really expect that all players have access to credit cards?

Have you tried using Paypal? It can deduct money directly from a bank account.

Or your bank may offer Visa/Mastercard Debit cards… it’s an ATM card but with a credit card number, so you use your own funds instead of credit. From the seller’s perspective, it looks like any credit card.

Where can i buy HoT?

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Wow, you seem like a very well adjusted, healthy and rational person.

It’s 2017, the digital age started a while back.

Good luck and have fun in WoW.

Where can i buy HoT?

Posted by: Derdhal.6908

Derdhal.6908

No more hardcopies?

Welcome to the 21st Century

Where can i buy HoT?

Sifu.9745

No more hardcopies?

Welcome to the 21st Century

Would you believe than i can still buy WoW base game, expac and time cards for physical money in 21 century? And the most stupid thing is that i can still buy GW2 base game in stores lol, but HoT is no longer available. Who would want to buy GW2 base game?
And do you know that most kids/teens and poor people don’t have credit cards and visas and paypal (or what is it called) at least not in my country, i’m not living in the usa. Anet probably doesn’t know that physical money still exists. I guess that’s one of the reasons why gw2 has so small playerbase.

Where can i buy HoT?

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

If you get over your rage, try googling PayPal.

PayPal Holdings, Inc. is an American company operating a worldwide online payments system that supports online money transfers and serves as an electronic alternative to traditional paper methods like checks and money orders. PayPal is one of the world’s largest Internet payment companies.7 The company operates as a payment processor for online vendors, auction sites and other commercial users, for which it charges a fee.

PayPal can be used in more than 200 countries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PayPal

If you don’t get over the anger, or decide to leave anyway, good luck.

Where can i buy HoT?

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Would you believe than i can still buy WoW base game, expac and time cards for physical money in 21 century? And the most stupid thing is that i can still buy GW2 base game in stores lol, but HoT is no longer available. Who would want to buy GW2 base game?

Availability is based on demand. If people stopped buying WoW cards in your area, they’d also stop carrying those. If they still have the core game, which has sat there for years, and knowing HoT sold very poorly, why would they restock it? HoT boxes are still available in other areas, but are no longer produced. There’ll probably be PoF boxes at launch though.

Where can i buy HoT?

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

What now? Why has Anet removed HoT from stores? Do they really expect that all players have access to credit cards?

ArenaNet didn’t remove it from stores, those stores don’t stock it anymore, there’s a difference. Did you ask them if they could order it for you? I’m sure there are still copies available.

Where can i buy HoT?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

OP doesn’t state which country, but perhaps his/her country offers pre-paid credit cards, or other instruments of online access.

Of course, if interest is less than the research required to acquire the content, it probably doesn’t matter.

Either way, good luck.