Where do I redeem a Heart of Thorns CD Key?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Dreadbatten.3274

Dreadbatten.3274

After getting multiple payment failed errors on the Guild Wars 2 website, I decided to go on G2A in order to buy a Heart of Thorns CD Key.

My only question: Where am I supposed to redeem the key?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Posted by: Doghouse.1562

Doghouse.1562

Go to your GW2 account and add the key there. (If you’re a new player, you create the account first, download the base game and, presumably, start playing that now, if you’re so inclined.) Then I guess you wait for the new content to download once it’s released.

Posted by: NapTooN.6283

NapTooN.6283

register.guildwars2.com

log in with your account and Add the HoT Key. Unless you want to create a brand new account.

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

Hot is unfinished product, they can add and remove anything. I dont think it was smart buying something that is not finished.
What if you dont like the final product ? They will not give your money back.

Posted by: NapTooN.6283

NapTooN.6283

Hot is unfinished product, they can add and remove anything. I dont think it was smart buying something that is not finished.

The same that happens with Early Access Purchases. You either like what you bought or you don’t. Heck it is the same with any purchase. If you buy the finished product it is still possible that you don’t like it and you won’t get your Money back then either.

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

Actually, the refund eligibility for HoT will almost certainly extend at the very least until the release day. There are number of laws related to sales of goods and services (which GW2 would be) that make this a virtual guarantee (while these laws tend to be region specific to an extent, it is easier for ArenaNet to go with a common approach to refunds for easy handling).

So the option for refund is always there, this provided you do not bind or otherwise make use of the digital goods shipped immediately to your account after redeeming the serial code most likely of course (in particular gems included in the ultimate edition, the rest they probably have some means to remove from your account, simply by reverting to the previous SKU).

The difference between this and early access is, they are not advertising this product as “unfinished” they are selling you the finished game before it is finished. Legally speaking there is a distinction to be made here, plus early access has specific terms and conditions that apply which do not factor in here.

Edit: that said, keys purchased from third party retailers that do not have an agreement with NCSoft/ArenaNet are always risky in that some of the laws that protect the consumer no longer apply to ArenaNet but that third party retailer instead, and unofficial retailers may or may not respect them (since they would receive no compensation for refunds from the distributor/publisher). Since there are no official retailers for HoT yet, that I am aware of at least, buying a key anywhere but directly from ArenaNet is extremely unwise.

(edited by Crise.9401)