Where do we download the beta?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: jim.1758

jim.1758

Where do we download the beta at so we have it for friday?

Posted by: CptTrips.6512

CptTrips.6512

… there is no “beta” to download. If you have access to the beta there are slots in your client marked with beta. Using them = playing the beta

Posted by: jim.1758

jim.1758

I have 4 beta slots but they will not let me make a revenant

Posted by: Theonord.6359

Theonord.6359

You can only make/play your beta characters during beta events. Such as this friday

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Theres also a specific button to create a beta character (once BWE starts) that you have to use to create the beta toon, otherwise you just create a normal toon (if you have open spots).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

They’ve addressed that by making it so you can double click a slot to create a character in it. They say that if you do that on an empty beta slot, it will correctly make you a beta alt.

Posted by: Jon Olson

Jon Olson

Programmer

Next

They’ve addressed that by making it so you can double click a slot to create a character in it. They say that if you do that on an empty beta slot, it will correctly make you a beta alt.

Double-clicking an empty beta slot will only create a beta character if the beta is active. It will not beforehand, instead it will attempt to create a normal character. (It says this in the tooltip.)

Beta, Character Select/Create, Enhanced Squad UI, Play for Free, Raids, Streaming Client, & Mac

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I keep forgetting that people don’t realize they can only make beta alts while a beta is active.

So what happens if you do make a regular character in a beta slot? Can that actually happen, or does it go to one of your empty regular slots if you have one? I’m just idly curious here, not terribly pressed for an answer other than gaining knowledge to share with others who experience glitches.

Posted by: Rainman.6978

Rainman.6978

I tried to make a beta character before a beta event was ever live, realized it wasn’t a beta character, then deleted it without realizing I had strapped that character with all of my ultimate edition rewards. I’m really smart. Anyway, I think I would have preferred they had not made that the functionality of the “create beta character” button outside of a beta.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I tried to make a beta character before a beta event was ever live, realized it wasn’t a beta character, then deleted it without realizing I had strapped that character with all of my ultimate edition rewards. I’m really smart. Anyway, I think I would have preferred they had not made that the functionality of the “create beta character” button outside of a beta.

If you haven’t already done so, contact support. While they usually say deleted is deleted, they often make exceptions with gem store items. If so, you can get those items back.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Jon Olson

Previous

Jon Olson

Programmer

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I keep forgetting that people don’t realize they can only make beta alts while a beta is active.

So what happens if you do make a regular character in a beta slot? Can that actually happen, or does it go to one of your empty regular slots if you have one? I’m just idly curious here, not terribly pressed for an answer other than gaining knowledge to share with others who experience glitches.

One cannot create a normal character in a beta slot. The normal character will go into an open normal slot. If one does not have any open normal slots, it will do nothing.

It has the same behavior as clicking “create” versus “create beta”. If the “create beta” button is not active, one will not be able to create a beta character at that time.

Beta, Character Select/Create, Enhanced Squad UI, Play for Free, Raids, Streaming Client, & Mac