Where is everyone?

Where is everyone?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Syraxis Windrunner.1973

Syraxis Windrunner.1973

So, I decided to come back after about a year away, and as I go around in game, Im noticing that there is nobody around. I mean I get the whole megaserver thing, but I capped off today looking for a guild in LA, and through 4 or 5 different instances, and about 15-20 minutes in each, I saw no map chat, no people, nothing! I wouldn’t mind coming back and playing, but I would like to know if there are still lots of people playing this game?

Where is everyone?

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Well its quite early in the morning mate.

Where is everyone?

Posted by: Syraxis Windrunner.1973

Syraxis Windrunner.1973

This was during USA prime time though tonight…. over 2 hours I saw nobody in lions arch between about 8pm-10pm Eastern Time. I just posted this after all of the stuff went down. Figured I’d ask about it…

Where is everyone?

Posted by: Sairyan.1465

Sairyan.1465

I’ve never seen a completely empty map. EVER. Either you are exaggerating, inaccurate, or something is wrong with your map or connection. There are many people in this game and that will continue for quite awhile unless something drastic happens, like the servers melt down, or they pull another City Of Heroes on us. (“we will never forget”) Try going to a World Event to confirm that you are not alone.

Where is everyone?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

A couple of things. First of all, I wouldn’t assume most people hang out in LA. It’s probably the worst place to hang out in. The only reason to go there is the mystic forge, and that’s only if you don’t have a portable mystic forge or a pass to one of the elite areas.

Try Divinity’s Reach or Rata Sum, both are busier than LA.

Secondly free to play players can’t use map chat at all.

HoT maps tend to be more active than core maps, because a lot of people are doing HoT.

But Lion’s Arch is just a godawfully long load screen that leads to pretty much a zone that’s less convenient than other zones.

Where is everyone?

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I don’t know but my LA map is always full of players…

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Where is everyone?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I was in LA during that time and I saw map chat (and people) so… maybe you were in a new instance.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Where is everyone?

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

So, I decided to come back after about a year away, and as I go around in game, Im noticing that there is nobody around. I mean I get the whole megaserver thing, but I capped off today looking for a guild in LA, and through 4 or 5 different instances, and about 15-20 minutes in each, I saw no map chat, no people, nothing! I wouldn’t mind coming back and playing, but I would like to know if there are still lots of people playing this game?

What makes you think they were different instances? It’s possible you could have been dropped into a new server but in Europe I’ve never been in an empty map for any city. If I’m near the bank, trading post or crafting tables I see people coming and going constantly.

Where is everyone?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I’ve never seen a completely empty map. EVER.

I have.
Well, of course you can be never 100% sure about it (there may be someone else on the other side of the map, after all, that you just don’t see), but there have been cases of me being in a map that seemed completely devoid of players.
The most extreme case was one time when i was mapping Timberline on one of my chars. Wasn’t doing it in effective way, did a lot of events, harvested everything i could find, so it took me over an hour. During that time i haven’t seen any other players. Not a single one. And there was no “map closing” popup (the map stayed open for over an hour), which suggested that either there were a ton of players actively hiding from my view, or that it was the only instance present.
That was during the EU primetime, on a weekend.

So, while it’s not that common (usually, even of less-frequented maps, you can see some players from time to time), it does happen.

Not in a city, though.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Where is everyone?

Posted by: Lankmaster.6507

Lankmaster.6507

Was this on Tuesday this week? Wintersday just started and is likely pulling more people to use Divinity’s Reach as a hub city right now.

Where is everyone?

Posted by: gert.7698

gert.7698

Maybe your map chat was turned off

Where is everyone?

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

You said you came back so I have an answer

Original LA>Destroyed LA>New LA

I def noticed a decreased presence of players ever since they destroyed LA with massive drop offs with each iterations.

Old LA was jam packed and had constant chatter a perfect city map even more so than anything in found in WoW or any MMO I’ve played.

The current numbers in LA might as well not exist compared to the old map.

Anet ruined LA and the. Immediately started pushed airship passes and other areas the last two maps have their own passed off areas. If your coming back the game fells dead because the main city map is the heart of any game and messing with it killed it for some, got people to move to others, or pushed people to get a pass. I’ve seen map chat conpletely dead in new LA a couple of times it’s not rare these days but I’ve never seen that in Old LA or even the not so great destroyed variant.

So TC it’s dead to sell airship like passes