Which mount are you most excited for?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

Spider

hope they revert it and put it back in the game….

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

Posted by: timkunedo.4392

timkunedo.4392

Really hard to pick since I’m so excited for all of them. Right now I say I’m most excited for the Springer.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

since i could only use 1 mounts and they removed the spider, i can’t say.

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

The horse, of course! Followed by the camel.

Oh, wait… dang. Well, maybe via Gem Store?

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

I’m very excited for the jackal. I never bought glider skins, but I definitely will be buying mount skins. I want a fern hound skin to go with my sylvari.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Springer. Because this game’s terrain detection makes me rage, and having incredible jumping height is going to feel incredible.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I’m very excited for the jackal. I never bought glider skins, but I definitely will be buying mount skins. I want a fern hound skin to go with my sylvari.

Ooh, a Fern Hound jackal skin that turns into a glowing pollen cloud would be cool. Frankly, I hope they go out of the limited species, and give us:

A charr-car raptor. A Sphinx jackal. And a frog springer.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

It’s a close call between the Raptor and the Bunnyroo, but I think the Raptor juuuust wins out because I’m riding a dinosaur, kitten! XD

I wish they’d bring the Spider back too, but I can appreciate it’d probably cause a lot of map breaking issues.

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

I never have seen a horse in Guildwars 2 :p

Edit
After some research the only horse references are locations, items and the celestial horse. Which is veeery strange, if you ask me.

The other day I was also wondering why there are only Risen Bulls, and no Risen Cows. (I guess orrians didn’t drink mills or just only imported male cows. xD

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

(edited by FrizzFreston.5290)

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

Spider Mount…

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

Edit
After some research the only horse references are locations, items and the celestial horse. Which is veeery strange, if you ask me.

The other day I was also wondering why there are only Risen Bulls, and no Risen Cows. (I guess orrians didn’t drink mills or just only imported male cows. xD

This is indeed interesting. It is the same with Gorillas. Lizards, Sharks and raptors are obviously not clever enough to flee from zombieland.
My idea on this is that cows are herd animals and fled quickly when they felt that the jig was up in Orr. Bulls are of course also herd animals but territorial and stayed when attacked by risen.
Or maybe tenders drove them away before the herds could get attacked and only wandering bulls stayed behind.
Or maybe cows are so full of milk that they are immune to zombification because of the high nutrition value^^.

Posted by: Machiavell.7396

Machiavell.7396

Ps: Anet seriously I’ve never complained once in 5 years but are you kidding me? A giant rabbit and a flying fish but no horses???

I’m pretty sure there is a reason why GW2 has no horses and I guess it’s because of centaurs.

Unofficial Master Bugfinder and Design Critic.
“He will improve everything that ArenaNet added to infinity and beyond.”

Zoltreez.6435

Ps: Anet seriously I’ve never complained once in 5 years but are you kidding me? A giant rabbit and a flying fish but no horses???

I’m pretty sure there is a reason why GW2 has no horses and I guess it’s because of centaurs.

yeah we cant take their girl friends and ride them am i right ?

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

Zoltreez.6435

Spider Mount…

WvW be like

Attachments:

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

You guys are so silly. Horses are clearly mythical creatures!

Rauderi.8706

I refuse to be excited about the skimmer until it becomes a broom. Actual flying broom, because that’d be hilarious.

Many alts; handle it!
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: DirtyDan.4759

DirtyDan.4759

It’s a close call between the Raptor and the Bunnyroo, but I think the Raptor juuuust wins out because I’m riding a dinosaur, kitten! XD

The word “kitten” at the end of sentences always looks like someone is having tourette while writting. What is up with that?

Rauderi.8706

The word “kitten” at the end of sentences always looks like someone is having tourette while writting. What is up with that?

Text filter, because people can’t be trusted to censor themselves. :P

But it also censors bad—- (I’m sure you can think of the three letters) for some reason, which is unfortunately, because riding a raptor is badkitten!

Many alts; handle it!

Zoltreez.6435

this sooooo gonna happen i allready feel it…

Attachments:

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

Rauderi.8706

…Yeah, I’d drop $20 on that. I’m shameless.

Many alts; handle it!

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Mordremoth, thats an epic mount

https://youtu.be/W2nU8tZxoTQ

Rognik.2579

But it also censors bad—- (I’m sure you can think of the three letters)

Bad…ger? I don’t understand why it would filter the word “ger”. That’s not even a real word!

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I hope we can get a sandstone sphinx skin for the Jackal, or heiroglyphic lioness.

As far as horses – they were all beaten to death, and beaten some more, in the threads clamoring for mounts in Guild Wars 2 over the past 5 years. So now that we’re finally getting mounts, there aren’t any horses left (Though an undead, visibly beaten-to-death-and-more horse as a raptor or jackal skin would be awesome – but I think it would be met with misplaced ‘animal cruelty’ outrage like the Floppy Fish and chicken kicking)

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Edit

Perhaps the cows were smarter than the bulls and fled the scene before the region sank into the ocean. Female instincts.

As for horses, you are right, now that I think of it. How very odd. Well, I am sure there are plenty in the desert? Along with my camels?

Rauderi.8706

As far as horses – they were all beaten to death, and beaten some more, in the threads clamoring for mounts in Guild Wars 2 over the past 5 years. So now that we’re finally getting mounts, there aren’t any horses left (Though an undead, visibly beaten-to-death-and-more horse as a raptor or jackal skin would be awesome – but I think it would be met with misplaced ‘animal cruelty’ outrage like the Floppy Fish and chicken kicking)

Y’all can’t do this to me early in the morning like this. I was not prepared for that (bolded) hilarity. And the sad part is, I’d probably buy it, just for how tongue-in-cheek it’d be.

Many alts; handle it!

FrizzFreston.5290

Edit

Perhaps the cows were smarter than the bulls and fled the scene before the region sank into the ocean. Female instincts.

As for horses, you are right, now that I think of it. How very odd. Well, I am sure there are plenty in the desert? Along with my camels?

Centaur mount? :P

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I like the Jackal, personally. The raptor is nice too, but I’m partial to canines. The rabbit is just…smdh.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

I was looking forward to the Gryffin (Owl flying-looking mount) but they removed that one aswell.... along with the Spider...

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

I was looking forward to the Gryffin (Owl flying-looking mount) but they removed that one aswell…. along with the Spider…

How do we know theyre removed, though, what if they were never meant for the expansion, but for LS4?

As for mounts i’d like to see, as a skin for the raptor, there’s this dino that the Mordrem nightguards ride. *edit: Mordrem Guard Cavalier mount

Attachments:

(edited by Amaimon.7823)

FrizzFreston.5290

Super Adventure Eagle for skimmer.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I hope we see in the future with Speeders and Carriers also new Mount Types.

It like to have as a Speeder some kind of giant feline war, like some kind of “War Cheetah” with that I’m faster with, than with any of the othe mount types, that have as speciality a “Dodge” mechanic as of being too fast to be targeted and needed to dodge at specific momentsenemy attacks, with that they other mounts would be too slow and you being hit deadly otherwise.
Mounts, that make you look riding really fast, elegant and like being one with your mount, that you must press your body tight to them to not fall off.

Carriers instead would be huge mounts, able to transport a whole group of players, while the owner controls it. That woudl be fun as well I guess. Like a Junundu-Wurm They just have to return and they be the ideal Carrier-Mount xD

As Speeder i mean somethign like this, simila,r just other name

(Coerl)
http://dhost1.mmomiss.com/upload/userfiles/images/83405a9b6a880e2c4baafd1548f73191.jpg

Anet added with PoF Cheetahs as Ranger pets, basicalyl just a bigger version of them ready to mount maybe and eventaully differently called

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

All of them! (I won’t pick between them, they all look great/should function awesomely.

What I’d love though, is mount skin packs. Like themes. I’d love a spirit theme for mounts.

Kitten.

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Glider.

/15 chars.

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Spectral tiger, and Ashes of A’lar.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

“Which mount are you most excited for?”

None. Yay!

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

Give me a unicorn that leaves behind a trail of ranbows and shiny sparkles and I will drop 40 on it in a heart beat. Just so I can make a big hulking charr that has hit every branch on his way down the ugly tree, and sit him on it. It’ll be a work of art.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

The raptor is amazing, I love the style and look of it! But I still think that I will prefer the jackal because of the blink that it has.

Also the springer will make DT way more fun. Its currently one of my least favorite maps because I can never remember how to navigate it, but being able to just jump up those ledges on the mount will make it much better.

Posted by: Cyprien.4208

Cyprien.4208

Charr …. I want my asura to ride on top of one it would make that race useful.

Rognik.2579

Give me a unicorn that leaves behind a trail of ranbows and shiny sparkles and I will drop 40 on it in a heart beat. Just so I can make a big hulking charr that has hit every branch on his way down the ugly tree, and sit him on it. It’ll be a work of art.

Make certain you’re wielding The Dreamer while you’re at it.

FrizzFreston.5290

Charr …. I want my asura to ride on top of one it would make that race useful.

You just reminded me of this:
https://youtu.be/V9NLSkCAHgs

4 years ago!