Which race will your Revenant be?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Gonna make mine a female Norn as well. She’ll be my 17th character.

Although a female Charr is possible too. I’ll make a decision once I see the armour styles

Posted by: Arcadian Knight.1079

Arcadian Knight.1079

I could see Asura being Revenants. They experiment with magictech all the time, maybe they made a suit of armour that allows them to tap into the mist’s? Or possibly having leyline infused dust sewn into the cloth of the armour, infused into the metal as it’s forged? Or maybe even just go exploring into the mist’s :P

But as for a race…I’m undecided right now. I’ll give it another look when the expansion is out, but it’s going to be hard for me. I have 5 characters all different races, and I feel I would need another race to play another class. So I’ll have to get past that mental block

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

Chaar period.
cos Chaar rocks.

Posted by: Joseph.9853

Joseph.9853

I think a Sylvari will be my choice for a Revenant; I mean because why not? =D

Lanthun – [WISE] Wizened Wizards (Founder/Leader)

Posted by: judgementryu.9531

judgementryu.9531

I have a Human (f) and Sylvari (f) Elementalist, Norn (m) and Human (f) Guardian, Charr (m) Necromancer, Norn (f) Ranger, Asura (m) Engineer, Asura (m) Warrior, Human (f) Mesmer and a Sylvari (f) Thief. I don’t really care about class being related(ish) lore-wise to the race. So it will depend on the weapons they will be able to use. Though, assuming what weapons Rytlock used in the trailer were two of the weapons Revenant will get, I’m still unable to decide what race I would make it.

Posted by: Lowden.1758

Lowden.1758

Asura…This setup looks good to me.

Attachments:

Posted by: Meniatz.4781

Meniatz.4781

Definitely a Charr. They just look so amazing!

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Tengu or Risen. I hear Stephenie Meyer has “Vampire” trademarked so I can’t choose that.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Chaar period.
cos Chaar rocks.

New race CONFIRMED!

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Charr. Can’t decide on male or female. Charr cultural heavy armor is awesome.

Posted by: Ciea.2364

Ciea.2364

Undecided on Sylvari, Charr, or Asura…. Or I should make them all if I love the kind of the skills.

Posted by: Avan.1540

Avan.1540

Without a doubt: Charr.

Best race. Period. (Also the Greatsaw is best skin. Period. AND they go perfectly together!)

I call my 19 (and still growing) slots all ‘Charr slots’ for a reason.

20+ Charracters – Charr only player – NA Kaineng
Give Charr armor some more love!
Let us show our spots, stripes, or lack-there-of in style.

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

Sylvari, because their personal story is the only one I haven’t done yet, so doing it on a sylvari will kill two birds with one stone.

Posted by: Hylox.9746

Hylox.9746

if they add mursaat as a playable race definitely that i would love to play as a mursaat… imo they could just add a race skip the personal story garbage, maybe add a little back story to the race they add, but basically make your character and hit the ground running

Posted by: catsunami.8437

catsunami.8437

None, I’m not going to make one. I’m going to spend the entire release week walking around with my elementalist and watching all you turkeys with those fancy pants revenants.

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

Starting to think I should make it a human. I don’t have a human character yet, and if I’m going to play a new profession then I might as well play a new race.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: Wolfe.9850

Wolfe.9850

My Revenant is going to be a Male Sylvari. I’ve actually already come up with his name, probable appearance, and a bit of a backstory. I’m an altaholic myself so I can understand the feeling of “I have 3 already”. Admittedly I already have 3 Charr and 3 Asura, which had greatly decreased my consideration of those races regardless of loving them.

I picked a Sylvari because, well, for starters I only have 1 at present (Sylvari Engineer. Rather than what’s fitting I sometimes like to go the other way.) and considering the “theme” of the expansion, as well as all the things about Mordremoth and the clear distrust in Sylvari, it seemed like the best time to make a new Sylvari lore wise.

Posted by: Iosis.5423

Iosis.5423

Male Human or Male Sylvari, either with Whisper’s armor or Sylvari T1 Cultural/nightmare, those looks are wunderbar.

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Female Charr!! I have one charr of every class so far… and one poor lonley Sylvari.

Kima & Co

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

on twitch, the new poi episode, pause at 27:25 to see the new revenant logo :P

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Yah it’s this picture. (From Dulfy)

Attachments:

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Charr, human and Norn, all male. The rest already are either already lvl80 or I’m not willing to delete them.

Posted by: Phoenix Fire.6203

Phoenix Fire.6203

Idk, I was gonna make a sylvari male and his story would be that he is the Avatar of the Shadow of the Dragon. But now I want to make a human as the descendant of my gw1 character, but I really wish I could make my Norn guardian into a revenant because channeling legends is just oh so Norn. I really need help. I might make two, I’m leaning towards a human and a sylvari. Only problem being I have six character, five of which are sylvari, and the other is a Norn, and only one character slot.

Plays on Fort Ranik.
Ceara Bramble 80 sylvari engineer.
Freyr Treewalker 80 sylvari ranger.

(edited by Phoenix Fire.6203)

Posted by: Wolfe.9850

Wolfe.9850

Charr are far from spiritual as well, yet Rytlock is the first Revenant.

When I thought about it, I had the shamans from the flame legion in my mind.
Could style my Revenant like some converted flame legion charr. o:
Or maybe like an still actual flame legion charr, who just tries to secretly invade the other legions or something o_o

But now that you mentioned it, some cute female Asura could make a lovely ritu- ehh, Revenant, too…

Admittedly I did the Flame Legion thing. An ele in the Ash Legion. He acts as a spy within the flame legion under an alias, but he’s also a Flame Legion “fanboy”. Not of the current Flame Legion but the way they were before they turned “stupid and dishonorable”. He’s out to work his way up the Flame Legion and try to form a splinter group that will rejoin with the other three legions and take out the last of the black marks. He doesn’t have aspirations of rank he just wants to bring the Flame Legion back into the fold. To that end he spent time in Kryta trying to find a powerful artifact of Balthazar hoping that fire oriented magics would help his ability to sway hearts. His name is Solus Frostburn, but among the Flame Legion he is known as Sikks Torchtail. Despite the fanboyism he has a healthy respect for females (The engineer in his Warband would box his ears otherwise) and does not believe in following Gods.

Er…..sorry that was a bit of a rant….and that’s not even all of it….

Posted by: Stangboy.7961

Stangboy.7961

I’m pretty sure I am going to make mine a male Sylvari. I have come up with a pretty creepy look that I think will suit a Revenant (or at least how I picture mine).

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

Skritt. My Revenant will be a Skritt.

Okay, well at least an honorary Skritt.

But seriously, we need playable Skritt. Fast!

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

All charr, all the time. Only other race I like is Asura, but they are too small to enjoy much as anything you transmute is wasted since you have to zoom out far to actually play the game.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Five classes is enough for me. I won’t be making one!

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: ZaRox.3487

ZaRox.3487

Female Sylvari

Posted by: Algol.9635

Algol.9635

A male Sylvari like my Mesmer. For the RP, my Revenant is my Mesmer but, a few second before he goes to the zeppelin, a mystery breach appear and his copy go out of the breach. My Mesmer his block in a temporal cage and the double explain he come from the future but a future where Mordromoth and the others dragons have winning and where he has recover his memory after a long long period (500 years) and use his power on Chronomancy for going back in the past for modify the events (he doesn’t know all the events but he tried to modify the big mistakes). So because two living person can’t exist in the same space-time, he decide to try this … and send my mesmer in the mist where he become a Revenant (and become an “another” person) and replace him in the storyline (his big power was drained by the travel an now he is just a “normal” Chronomancer) and my Revenant come back and help him to change the future !

NB : Sorry for my bad english.

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

The master race invoking the master legends. in before nerf.

Attachments:

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

I will have two. A human and a Sylvari.

I want to experience both of the story lines and I know the Sylvari will be different.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Human female (at first) then I’ll change her to hair and face and then finally to a male. I already have a charr warrior, male norn guardian, asura male elementalist, asura female ranger, and human male thief so that just leaves human female as well as either a human male mesmer or necro depending on which one more people complain about being cheap. I don’t even care about having reveal because thief is underpowered enough as it is and daredevil looks underwhelming enough especially compared to scrapper, reaper, herald, and chronomancer not to worry about.

Posted by: Inkida.8925

Inkida.8925

Sylvari. For the lore which connects them to the mists in utero, for the impact in the upcoming xpac, and most of all… I’m in love with that glo-glo ;3

Attachments:

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

I’m thinking asura, gonna go with a sort of mad scientist that dabbled too much into the mists type of character.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Toss up between human or sylvari first. I have 3 planned in total.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

If only Norn males had a new smooth young face. Hate the lack of young options. May go Human now.

Posted by: RapidSausage.4620

RapidSausage.4620

If we’re gonna talk about “spiritual” and heavy armor, i will DEFINITELY be picking a norn, probably female cuz it’s the internets and i’m not supposed to make avatars of my own gender.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

not supposed to make avatars of my own gender

pfffft then im doing it wrong…

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Won’t be making one any time soon, will take too long to unlock elites and masteries for my other toons that I currently use in wvw.

Maybe in 3 year’s time I’ll roll a human one.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

Asura = master race, bow before your Asuran gods, puny mortals.

Posted by: Nutjob.9021

Nutjob.9021

I have practical concerns that dictate my choice. I prefer small characters where a lot of jumping is involved and HoT is full of jumping.

When viewing your character from behind and above, larger models tend to obscure what you are jumping on.

That would seem to make the obvious choice Asuran, but the Asuran jump animation with all its flailing around makes it more difficult to judge landings.

That leaves using the smallest possible human or sylvan models.

And, as I stated earlier, HoT is chock full of jumping.

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

Probably a female asura, after my Male Guardian Charr, Female Human Elementalist and Male Thief Sylvari.

Posted by: Jhoul.6923

Jhoul.6923

A gorgeous black female human. She is the sister of my main Ele male, and she has been in a coma for 3 years, but she will wake up from the coma this friday with the Revenant’s ability… (and for purpose of Role playing, I will keep her eye white since she will be blind when she wakes up).

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

sylvari or human, not sure which, it depends on what gameplay changes affect the sylvari.

Posted by: Deim Hunir.8503

Deim Hunir.8503

Still torn between charr and sylvari.
I was pretty much set on sylvari but I really like the charr animations on Rev so far.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I don’t have enough character slots to roll a revenant. I used the free one to roll a guardian.

I’ll get around to it though. Probably make it a norn female since they have the coolest heavy racial armor pieces to mix and match.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Asura here, for sure! I even have a cute name picked out for it!

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Female Sylvari, don’t have any decent pics just this one I snapped at logon screen. (can’t really see the awesome cause the glow is missing though)

Attachments:

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: Jan nD.9453

Jan nD.9453

Skritt. My Revenant will be a Skritt.

Okay, well at least an honorary Skritt.

But seriously, we need playable Skritt. Fast!

now I am certain that I’m not the only one who wants the skritt as playable race XD

as for the revenant, I’ll get an asura revenant