Which race will your Revenant be?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Human.

Dew to the legends we draw on as a Revenant, to me.it only feels right that it be a human. Glint didn’t bother with the other playable races, Maylax was killed by humans, shiro, killed by humans, twice. King Ironhammer, and Ventari have connections to the Norn and Sylvari respectively, but it still seems odd that they would draw.on the other legends.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: milo.7198

milo.7198

Small wall of text, sorry/

Originally, I was going to run my Rev from 1 to 80 by playing core, but I like to have stories about my characters in my head when i create them. Lore-wise, running the core material first doesn’t work.
I’m now thinking: When Rytlock opened the breach in Ascalon, it also opened breaches in other areas, as well, that had connections to the Foefire. My rev was caught in one of those breaches.
When he gets expelled, he will have no memory of his past life. All he’ll have is his Revenant skills. To simulate this, I plan on leveling him with tomes and playing HoT first.
This will simulate him being dumped into the Mordie situation and having a bunch of strange people talking to him like he is supposed to know them. Then, at my leisure, i will play the core content with him. They will be flashbacks as his memory starts to piece together.
Whatever happened to him in the Mists, erased his memory. It so completely overwrote his previous profession that. even in his flashbacks, he only remembers the battles as being accomplished with his rev skills.
The only massive weak spot i can’t cover in this story is the time between Rytlock being lost and his return during HoT. I picture his fall into the breach to have been the trigger for other revenants to get sucked in and created too. But, also Rytlock’s escape is what allows others to leave the Mists. That means the LS chapters, after he disappears, would not have been experienced by my character.
As for race. I have 11 characters and only one is human, so maybe i’ll make another human to break up the pattern.

Again, sorry for the wall of text.

Posted by: Lauriewonnacott.9841

Lauriewonnacott.9841

Sylvari. Just seems worth it to experience the story from that perspective because my other main is human. Also, it’s a really good explanation as to why you wouldn’t be tempted at all by mordremoth, especially if you’re a Herald. Would make sense for the process of becoming a Rev to even completely disconnect you from mordremoth.

Duhsziu – Revenant
Polyscia – Elementalist
Mercedene Underfoot – Thief

Posted by: MrH.2591

MrH.2591

Female Slyvari.

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

I’m going to make 2. One will be a charr female. The other a male human. I actually don’t have many human characters since most of mine are charr, norn or sylvari. So I figured I might as well make one a human for once.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

My current race / class rundown is…

Male Charr Ranger
Male Charr Necromancer
Female Charr Engineer
Male Sylvari Mesmer
Female Sylvari Guardian
Male Asura Elementalist

So I’m going to be using my Revenant to fill some gaps in my current coverage. Asura, because I only have one of those. Female, because I only have 2 female characters and because my other Asura is male (need ’dat character voice variety). Asura also fills a gap in my armor coverage, since my only heavy armor wearer is female and thus I get the female armor models, and while my Asura will be female as well, they wear the male models anyway.

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

I have 2 slots from Ultimate edition. I was gonna roll a Charr male revenant and a Norn female… but now that I see the unlock requirements for the elites I may just skip rolling a new toon at all. I have 17 other level 80’s to grind for elites. Grind, grind….zzzzz…grind x17.

DISAPPOINTED

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

Posted by: Lynne.8416

Lynne.8416

Sylvari, as I already have a medium and a light, so I needed a heavy class.

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

Probably Tengu! Oh wait….

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Asura. I’ve got one of each race already. so might as well pick a favorite race.

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Male Norn. As speissh muhreen as He could be.

Posted by: zcearo.1897

zcearo.1897

Sylvari male , Colored to match Maudry and with the pine cone face and hair combination . Named Nemitara Ikanzcearo. witch is mis-spelled and adapted from the BABYMETAL song “Megitsune”. witch makes it a totally girly name actually , but I don’t care , because it is bad kitten !!

edited for some fat fingered typos

(edited by zcearo.1897)

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

ArenaNet stop playing around… Give us new male Norn faces that aren’t old and ugly!!!!

Posted by: Juicymarmalade.3187

Juicymarmalade.3187

Charr! My friend who exclusively plays max height male Norns wanted me to join him, but I gotta stick with Charr because Norn’s face and beard options feel too cartoony and plastic looking to me. I made a white charr for revenant in BWE3 and absolutely loved him. I thought I would be sick of Charr after hundreds of hours on my ranger, but playing a white charr just felt so new and refreshing especially with some of the exclusive makeover kit features. The Glint skill animations were just so perfect and synergized with the fur colour, not to mention the Mistward armor looks best on Charr. I felt like I stood out more as well.