Imperator totius Sylvari.9164

I’m in, let’s do this!

Founder of [CBA]/Former vE
No.2 Warrior NA/Irl behind Mr Kitten.7359

Who got in to the beta?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Followedbyrocks.8751

Followedbyrocks.8751

I’m invited too. It’d be interesting to know what the selection process was, and I’m wondering if it is to do with hours played or something. I’ve been playing since the headstart, have a decent amount of AP etc. so I wonder if it’s something to do with that.

Who got in to the beta?

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

I hope I’ll receive an invite too, I got ~5500 hrs played and 25.711 AP I’m getting really bored I need to test it and of course give constructive feedback to ANet, I really don’t understand what is the criteria of choosing the beta testers

It’s already proven it’s selected from all accounts who order the news letter.
Loyalty, play time, AP is none factors because some posts said their friend who just bought the game got an invite too.

Also you’re not alone. 26.2k ap 5300 play time, GW1 got GWAMM here. Didn’t get pick as always (AND 0 precursor dropped yet)

(edited by Aomine.5012)

Who got in to the beta?

Posted by: Phoenix.1370

Phoenix.1370

They have gone out? Then no, I didn’t, kinda disappointing .

Played since the 3 day headstart, bought collectors edition (roughly £135) still didn’t get in.
Guess they take other things as well into consideration or I was just unlucky.

Oh well, I am sure I will read any new information and get to play when it actually comes out.

I did exactly the same (GW2:CE) but I also played in the BWE’s. I’m just wondering if they base it off hours played or AP’s, or any other factor that isn’t so ‘random’.

I played as many previous betas as I could as well prior to actual release, I don’t have as many hours as people who have had it equally as long I admit, my GW1 time is vastly superior I think, shame I don’t think that counts.

I am around 1,470 hours over 938 days, if they did base it off time only, kinda unfair to those with other priorities but I get it, as I said, I am not hugely disappointed, I can wait, I already know the revenant will be my primary profession, I would have enjoyed getting a play around and feel for it myself instead of watching videos of it, but oh well.

Who got in to the beta?

Posted by: Kaito Isheto.3059

Kaito Isheto.3059

I got an invite! To everyone else who got one, can’t wait to see you there!

Who got in to the beta?

Posted by: littleblackheart.5201

littleblackheart.5201

I got my invitation this morning! I’m too excited!

Who got in to the beta?

Posted by: rani.9025

rani.9025

I got an invite. Kinda awesome kewl, having played GW2 beta also. And played ’ole Guild Wars for years. Let the stress begin…crash…..bang….boom!!!

Rani

Who got in to the beta?

Posted by: Soinetwa.5193

Soinetwa.5193

7k hours tons of ap…
double invitation…
WTH??
please anet take one of mine two (interestingly almost an hour sent apart from another) and give it to anyone here who is willing to play sicne i cant log in with two chras at a time >___<

but heh.. thx and im looking forward to it..

Who got in to the beta?

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

I did!! I was quite shocked to find the email. I am super excited. My husband, did not get an invite, but he can watch me play hehe

And he is SOOOOOO going to love living vicariously through you instead of, you know, using a slot to play himself… LOL

Hey, do you use your normal characters or is it an independant environment for now with their own characters?

Who got in to the beta?

Morfedel.4165

They have gone out? Then no, I didn’t, kinda disappointing .

Played since the 3 day headstart, bought collectors edition (roughly £135) still didn’t get in.
Guess they take other things as well into consideration or I was just unlucky.

Oh well, I am sure I will read any new information and get to play when it actually comes out.

If I recall, it was basically random; as long as you were a very active player, it didn’t matter if you started day 1 or last year, if you’d been playing actively and still are currently, everyone had an equal chance of getting invited.

At least, that’s how I understand it. I could be wrong. I didn’t get in, and I’ve been playing since beta. Disappointed? Sure. But I’m not surprised either.

Besides even if they were focusing on serious vets, there were still a LOT of people playing back then too, and they may have had very limited slots this first time around.

Who got in to the beta?

Morfedel.4165

So I only need to be signed up for newsletter to get it?

To get a chance in Beta you must be signed up. However, at this early stage of testing, only a few were selected. More will be selected later on. (a TL:DR of Anet explaining it).

And you know, I just realized I never did get successfully signed up. Those first couple days when HoT was announced and their website came up, I kept trying to sign up via their website, and it kept giving me errors. Eventually I forgot. Well, I signed up just now, hopefully for the next one lol!

EDIT: Actually that does kinda irritate me. I tried several times to sign up for the newsletter. The fact it was bugging out on me at the time wasn’t unique to me, I read on the forum others had that problem at the time, and [whine mode] its not FAIR!!![/whine mode]

LOL

However, it IS my fault for not following up on it later on. Ah well, honestly, the odds are against any one specific person having been chosen anyway. It was a luck of the draw, and far less slots than people who signed up for them. NOW I’m signed up, and hopefully will get into the next one.

(edited by Morfedel.4165)

Who got in to the beta?

Posted by: starhunter.6015

starhunter.6015

I got my email this morning. So I will be joining you all.

Who got in to the beta?

Posted by: Myrden.2456

Myrden.2456

I will be there, as well. Happy hunting!

Who got in to the beta?

Posted by: Lana Luxor.6325

Lana Luxor.6325

Yep, got a double invite on the email as well. Still very chuffed.

Who got in to the beta?

Posted by: Isis the Divine.5980

Isis the Divine.5980

I had resigned myself when the invites started coming in and I hadn’t gotten one, but then mine came in at 4 am today!

Who got in to the beta?

Posted by: LittleV.7805

LittleV.7805

I got in I’m super excited to test things out, I was in the beta and stress test weekends for the game before launch as well so seeing my email brought back some good memories

Who got in to the beta?

Posted by: nathanjameson.3542

nathanjameson.3542

I’ll be there. Thinking about playing a Condimancer alongside the massive zerg of Revenants.

Karma Express – Norn Guardian commander

Who got in to the beta?

Posted by: Dikki.9046

Dikki.9046

yahoooo i got an invitation too :-)

Who got in to the beta?

Posted by: Watashi.7208

Watashi.7208

Just got an e-mail invite for Beta….wooohooo

Who got in to the beta?

Posted by: Kim.4152

Kim.4152

Hubby and I both got in. Looking forward to trying it out.