Why HOT has let me down

Why HOT has let me down

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Instead of playing countless hours of the game you should have been practicing the fine art of using paragraphs. If you fix it up I’ll read your complaint.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Why HOT has let me down

Posted by: TheMightyNewb.6789

TheMightyNewb.6789

Instead of playing countless hours of the game you should have been practicing the fine art of using paragraphs. If you fix it up I’ll read your complaint.

i tried to make some paragraphs but its confusing in that little tiny box, and i know i got some grammar errors but like i that tiny box was over whelming and it also removed some of skipped lines i did. sorry i tried

Why HOT has let me down

Posted by: kevvy.5081

kevvy.5081

Yea sorry mate but I honestly stopped reading after first few sentences.

Please use paragraphs because just like breathing and consuming, there should be compartmentalized points that you want to make in paragraphs. This helps the reader better understand your points individually, digest and move on to the next point. This allows us to form a complete visual understanding and coherent thought as to what the kitten you’re trying to say.

Why HOT has let me down

Posted by: Rayden.3695

Rayden.3695

Let’s start with the mesmer portals: It might feel a little unfair that people “exploit” this skill to get to mastery gated or otherwise hard to reach places, but honestly this has been happening for ages with jumping puzzles and it is just how it is, let the scrubs who can’t be bothered to actually work for their own success be.

Secondly I realize that CoF farming in central tyria is an idiotic exploit that could be easily fixed, but honestly that isn’t going to happen. The spider farm however was nerfed considerably. Do note however that using these exp farms to gather mastery exp people are missing out on loot for that playtime and getting immensely bored while doing so, generally I think that there is something a little bit off in their heads if they can be bothered to do so. However getting the mastery exp isn’t that hard the regular, more interesting, way. Trust me on this, I’m currently sittin on 98 mastery rank and I have not used either of these farms to get there, I have however become very rich ingame and completed collections via events and such while getting there.

Finally I must say that you should try and adapt to the philosophy of playing for yourself and not for the acceptance, or whatever, of randoms from the internet, you’ll surely feel more accomplished for working hard to earn what you have rather than to cheat your way through.

Why HOT has let me down

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

I tried cleaning it up a bit for the OP. Up late with acid reflux, so tired and I’m a bit sloppy, but I hope this helps. Some interesting points in there:

Before HOT came out guild wars 2 was a 10 out of 10 for me. I played countless hours of this game and had 100% map completion, full ascended gear, and a legendary weapon. I really loved this game, but ever since HOT was launched this game, or its expansion rather, has truly been a let down.

Why on earth did Anet make areas of the map, hero points, vistas, etc. mastery gated when a simple Mesmer portal avoids all of it completely? People tell me that Mesmer portals are a part of the game, which is true, but then why make certain things mastery gated if players can avoid that gate with a simple Mesmer portal?

Plenty of players work hard to earn their masteries, yet there are the sandbaggers that just tag along for the ride and hop into Mesmer portals to earn the same hero point that would take other players hours to be able to unlock? Now i know this is very small percentage of players but it is still out there and it’s extremely frustrating when I hear people are using or asking for Mesmer portals to certain hero points or vistas they normally can’t get to without a certain mastery. It enrages me that people defend this subject completely at all, telling me “Well, I worked hard for my mastery to get my hero points so why should I care?”. That is exactly it! I am working hard and putting in the time to EARN THE MASTERY required to get to certain areas of the map in order to progress father or complete hero points etc., while others just tag along for the ride and get the same 100 map completion as I do or the new elite spec. Now I do understand that it is a small amount of people, but it still has happened and it’s flat out not right.

Another reason why I am disappointed with the mastery system is pointless, or rather working hard and putting in the time to earn your mastery’s I should say. It’s because of these so called farming exploits, that make it extremely easy to gain exp and in much much faster manner than it normally would in playing the map.

A huge issue with Guild Wars 2 from what I have experienced is, people for 3 years have complained about there being no true end game content and Anet said they have been working on it and working on it and now its finally here! Then these expoits come out to earn them so fast its not even funny. Two issues i have here. The first is, people are going to complain that Anet screwed up and didn’t make it hard enough or put enough end game content in the expansion because they already filled their mastery to the max since they exploited these farms to level up their mastery and they will either stop playing or just give Anet crap for making a bad expansion or something negative. Now, I am not saying there are not players that earn them legit and have just played a lot. But you all can’t deny that there are loads of players that do exploit these farms, just open LFG and you will find one!

My issue ties back into one of my points from earlier. It gives new players that are buying HOT, or players that have yet to really play HOT, or just maybe don’t have that much time on their hands and play every now and then, it gives them less incentive to play the game as it was meant to be played by the devs. Instead of taking X amount of hours to complete your mastery by playing the maps and grinding the events out, and adventures and world bosses, you can sit in one spot and earn them just the same. Why did Anet not address this? Why did they say they don’t care? Why would I have respect for someone or think he worked hard to earn that 100 mastery level. I just think “Man, that person sat in COF or at Verdant Brink’ss spider farm for ever to get to level 100 mastery rank”.

Now I know you can argue you need to play the map to actually get the mastery points to unlock the trait once you get xp, but I have the first 2 zones at 100 percent completion and I’ve done maybe 40 minutes worth of story and i have over 40 mastery tokens so to speak for HOT not including Tyria mastery tokens. I just don’t understand why I should work hard at this game anymore. I feel like I don’t get rewarded for working hard, well I do I shouldn’t say that I don’t get rewarded because I do, but others get what I get for doing less work than I am and that just really depresses me and has extremely ruined my experience so far. Please I do understand that it’s not everyone but it is a big chunk of players that exploit these locations and it really makes me sad.

Anet said they don’t care that this stuff is out there in the game. I hope that they choose to take a different path with future maps or additional mastery’s that will be added on.

Why HOT has let me down

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

i tried to make some paragraphs but its confusing in that little tiny box, and i know i got some grammar errors but like i that tiny box was over whelming and it also removed some of skipped lines i did. sorry i tried

If you pull down on the lower right corner of the typing box, the box gets longer.

Why HOT has let me down

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Well…its a little better

I probably wasn’t going to say anything else about your complaint since I’ve been leaving them alone. Many people are complaining about all sorts of things with the expansion. The points you make also bother me but not to the extent I would ever comment on them. I always wonder why people would want to play a game in that fashion. Having said that, I don’t like letting what other people do bother me if it doesn’t harm me so I ignore it. Which you’ve said you can’t, which is where we diverge.

Everyone is different and like different things.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Why HOT has let me down

Posted by: TheMightyNewb.6789

TheMightyNewb.6789

Let’s start with the mesmer portals: It might feel a little unfair that people “exploit” this skill to get to mastery gated or otherwise hard to reach places, but honestly this has been happening for ages with jumping puzzles and it is just how it is, let the scrubs who can’t be bothered to actually work for their own success be.

Secondly I realize that CoF farming in central tyria is an idiotic exploit that could be easily fixed, but honestly that isn’t going to happen. The spider farm however was nerfed considerably. Do note however that using these exp farms to gather mastery exp people are missing out on loot for that playtime and getting immensely bored while doing so, generally I think that there is something a little bit off in their heads if they can be bothered to do so. However getting the mastery exp isn’t that hard the regular, more interesting, way. Trust me on this, I’m currently sittin on 98 mastery rank and I have not used either of these farms to get there, I have however become very rich ingame and completed collections via events and such while getting there.

Finally I must say that you should try and adapt to the philosophy of playing for yourself and not for the acceptance, or whatever, of randoms from the internet, you’ll surely feel more accomplished for working hard to earn what you have rather than to cheat your way through.

I am very Glad to see that they nerfed the spider farm exploit but my attitude is fine, i was just trying to be as polite as possible. and Jumping puzzles are not the same as gaining masterys to unlock or reach certain areas of the map in order to progress. jumping puzzles are a nice addition to the game that has nothing to do with really progressing in the game, ok i’m not 100 percent sure on that, but i am pretty sure. i know there is like a bunch of very small jumping puzzles to gain vistas for map completion but other than that i can’t really say that jumping puzzles are pretty much required like masterys are in the new maps. i just think there is a big difference between porting for a jumping puzzle and on the new maps.

Why HOT has let me down

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

Massive wall of text, dude use paragraphs and please stop abusing period aka don’t make 3 words sentence.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

Why HOT has let me down

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

I am very Glad to see that they nerfed the spider farm exploit but my attitude is fine, i was just trying to be as polite as possible. and Jumping puzzles are not the same as gaining masterys to unlock or reach certain areas of the map in order to progress. jumping puzzles are a nice addition to the game that has nothing to do with really progressing in the game, ok i’m not 100 percent sure on that, but i am pretty sure. i know there is like a bunch of very small jumping puzzles to gain vistas for map completion but other than that i can’t really say that jumping puzzles are pretty much required like masterys are in the new maps. i just think there is a big difference between porting for a jumping puzzle and on the new maps.

you are clearly someone who is overconcerned with other people´s choices and how they prefer to do things. This will cause you a lot of grief and unnecessary suffering here and in real life, trust me on this.