Why Has Arena Net Not Addressed Our Issues

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: InfinitytheSoulWarden.5963

InfinitytheSoulWarden.5963

So yeah, I wanna know why we have heard nothing from Anet on the problems we have with this Pricing model, and the other issues we have. Some of the forum mods have commented but none of those comments have addressed our concerns as the players of this game.
The way is see it:
“For a company dedicated to its players they sure seem to be ignoring us”

I read some where that this Xpac was supposed to be there reimagining of GW2 and where they wanted to go with the game,
“…….Must be the Bank…..” quoted from WP Youtube video.

^Their not wrong

Soul Warden of Echo of Enclayd
~Infinity Warden

Posted by: JUN YANG.4328

JUN YANG.4328

they are waiting… if the sale go well. they will just keep ignore.

I lose faith in this company day by day, now i hear you need HoT or you will no longer get any free content….. so much for free for ever…
more like free until you need to pay $50 more for more content

~Infinity Warden

Posted by: Channel.9402

Channel.9402

It’ll be a joke of the industry if this pre purchase cos them a huge loss of playerbase^^
Forum gone down, highest upvoted thread of all time at their reddit is a boycott HoT thread etc etc
I for 1 ain’t buying HoT until they fix this farce.

Posted by: piko.4289

piko.4289

maybe they need to get the achievement to claim the title “Worst Company” same as EA ?

*achievement unlocked

Posted by: JUN YANG.4328

JUN YANG.4328

yep.. i am with you. …..

Posted by: Vix.6730

Vix.6730

They are waiting for dust to settle, which ironically will discourage more players who actually want to see change. There’s well over a thousand comments (hundreds very well constructed) here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3a4ktf/dont_prepurchase_heart_of_thorns/ and I haven’t begun to look for any other threads about this. Frankly I’m disappointed in Anet. This should have been a time of excitement, not frustration. If this debacle stretches into next week this will lay a dark cloud over HoT and future releases.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I hate that this could be the most insightful thing I’ve read on these boards all week.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

Well if you consult the FAQ’s you might get an answer, however be advised that may change at any given time to reflect a different answer depending on whether or not they may profit from said answer.

On second thought, better off ignoring all their FAQ’s from this point on.

The real answer is, when they are done driving the “hype train” through your entire rectum.

I saw this posted on another thread, and it is basically true…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

~Infinity Warden

Posted by: Tironas.7053

Tironas.7053

This is a fairly large issue with numerous arguments and if they handle this incorrectly it may get 10 times worse. I can only assume there are a lot of meetings going on in upper management while the dev team is still busy pumping out content.

It depends on what they will do as an answer. The answer they choose can have far reaching implications.

The unlikely answer is that they will release a separate package / split codes – extra codes, store programming, website update, god knows what else needs to be done for that.

Easiest answer (from what little i understand about making games) is that they determine if the code is linked to an older account or is creating a new account. Of course I have no idea how their database is structured so it’s hard to say if this is an easy thing to do.

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

To be fair, as a company, it takes time to respond to these things.

In order to make a move to placate customers, they actually need to take a few days to have meetings, get departments together, figure out what concessions are and are not feasible, decide the best course of action to take, and then plan the PR announcement to tell us what they will (or won’t) do about it, lest they make a hasty response and shoot themselves in the foot AGAIN.

Even if a solution is obvious to US “Just give a character slot,” etc. They have to take the time to properly consider all the options and responses and run it past the marketing, PR and accounting people; that takes time.

I wouldn’t expect a response until early/mid next week, perhaps.

But if they don’t make a response by tomorrow, they’re gonna have to lock the Twitch chat on their ready-up stream because it’s gonna get FLOODED with bile. Which makes me feel a little bad for the devs streaming since this disaster wasn’t their decision.

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

Because the issues aren’t legitmiage?

Just spitballin’ here

I just want to say….

Back in May during the Paid mods Crisis on Steam, within 24 hours, even when he was away on a business trip, Gabe was online working with outraged players to correct the issues.

That is how a corporation should handle outraged consumers.

In that time period Skyrim had become one of the lowest rated games on steam due to how angry we all were. and the issue was solved within 1-3 days. yet here we are on day 3 and have not heard a peep from arena net….

~Infinity Warden

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

It’ll be a joke of the industry if this pre purchase cos them a huge loss of playerbase^^

Won’t be much a joke when the player base rises from all the new players that received a free copy of the core game ^^

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

Because the issues aren’t legitmiage?

Just spitballin’ here

You know, that’s actually irrelevant.

Lots of people are angry, this is a serious PR issue. Like when they tried removing the custom gem exchange.

Even if you take the stance that the anger is completely unwarranted, as a company, they have to make an official response at some point. Even if that response is “We stand by our previous decision.” If this keeps up long enough, the gaming press will eventually pick it up and start pestering Anet for responses themselves. (Like with the gem exchange)

I just want to say….

Back in May during the Paid mods Crisis on Steam, within 24 hours, even when he was away on a business trip, Gabe was online working with outraged players to correct the issues.

That is how a corporation should handle outraged consumers.

In that time period Skyrim had become one of the lowest rated games on steam due to how angry we all were. and the issue was solved within 1-3 days. yet here we are on day 3 and have not heard a peep from arena net….

This may be suprising, but Arenanet =/= Valve.

Valve is very unique. Its structure allows it to move much quicker than other companies. (Or… uh.. way, way slower considering thier game dev branch) Gaben can pretty much do/say whatever he likes as the owner of a private company.

Anet has to answer to thier NC-Soft overlords. That layer of bureaucracy alone adds a few days to a response time.

Posted by: Elyssa.8307

Elyssa.8307

Their silence is making this so much worse. You really can’t ignore a mess of this magnitude, but that’s exactly what they’re doing. They don’t seem to care.
Yeah, they’re “reading our thoughts” but that promises nothing. That’s not even fully acknowledging the sheitstorm.

When this whole thing first erupted I kept a keen eye on the forums sure that they would release a statement, something. Wow have I been disillusioned about the whole company.

Won’t be much a joke when the player base rises from all the new players that received a free copy of the core game ^^

They will lose there title of having the friendliest players, all that will be left are bitter arrogant people who can afford to take care of themselves and not worry about others.

while all the people are out patting themselves on the back for buying the $100 per purchase.
we are here trying to fight for justice and make this a fair deal for everyone and so everyone can enjoy the game.

~Infinity Warden

Random.4691

They will lose there title of having the friendliest players, all that will be left are bitter arrogant people who can afford to take care of themselves and not worry about others.

while all the people are out patting themselves on the back for buying the $100 per purchase.
we are here trying to fight for justice and make this a fair deal for everyone and so everyone can enjoy the game.

As annoying as the white knights are, they are still entitled to their opinion, it’s when they try and cram it down your throat that they need to be in check. Just as we are entitled to ours (that many of them and us for that matter seem to forget).

Warranted, unwarranted, delusional, sane, it doesn’t matter. We are all entitled to feel “ripped off” or “100% satisfied” but in the end there is still a fire spreading that no one seems to be trying to put out.

As annoying as the white knights are, they are still entitled to their opinion, it’s when they try and cram it down your throat that they need to be in check. Just as we are entitled to ours (that many of them and us for that matter seem to forget).

Warranted, unwarranted, delusional, sane, it doesn’t matter. We are all entitled to feel “ripped off” or “100% satisfied” but in the end there is still a fire spreading that no one seems to be trying to put out.

Yes but there is a time and a place for everything

In the midst of a Hate storm, is not the time to be casually dropping by saying
“Hey guys i bought the $100 version because i could”
not when so many people are outraged

its like walking into a funeral and saying “Who died?” and then laughing.

~Infinity Warden

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I saw this posted on another thread, and it is basically true…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

LOL – Point.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: SamNooby.2815

SamNooby.2815

Honestly I don’t see why people are complaining. I have spent hours having tons of fun in guild wars 2 and I know I am going to get lots of hours of fun from the expansion. $50 is not that bad especially considering I’ll play this way more then I would play any other $50 game.

Honestly I don’t see why people are complaining. I have spent hours having tons of fun in guild wars 2 and I know I am going to get lots of hours of fun from the expansion. $50 is not that bad especially considering I’ll play this way more then I would play any other $50 game.

Because, it is not an expansion, half the features released with it do not require HoT to use, (None of Wvw or stronghold for example)( guild halls kind of falls in this since you dont need to own HoT to utilize them)
yet they have set kitten price tag on what is basically Living world Season 3.
1 new map, 1 new class (most wont play), 1 new story

thats it, its more of a feature pack then anything…

this is closer to a

~Infinity Warden

Random.4691

I would say its the moral standpoint, $50 is whatever, I don’t think its currently worth $50 but for myself it’s not about the money.

It’s about the money grab, the shady bait and switch, a company that used to value their customers once upon a time.

briggah.7910

I’m pretty sure the friendly players are the ones buying it and will be sticking around. If anything they will be losing a bunch closed minded angry players and I’m fine with that.

Maybe then I can enjoy PVP more

Player Vs Everyone

I’m pretty sure the friendly players are the ones buying it and will be sticking around. If anything they will be losing a bunch closed minded angry players and I’m fine with that.

which is why we are here….. trying to get a fair deal for everyone….. and why the others are out there waiting for there release date and to find out what they actually bought….

~Infinity Warden

Posted by: Sinope.5630

Sinope.5630

I think, they see this one and it explains everything:

Random.4691

You probably shouldn’t use the term “closed minded” it pretty much sums up everyone of your posts today.

You’re entitled to your opinion and all but you not exactly being open minded yourself.

briggah.7910

Because, it is not an expansion, half the features released with it do not require HoT to use, (None of Wvw or stronghold for example)( guild halls kind of falls in this since you dont need to own HoT to utilize them)

I know WvW they will probably not but I think stronghold and guild halls require HoT. You could be right but from what I’ve read the guild halls lie in the jungle and I don’t think you can access the jungle without HoT. Like I said you could be right.

Player Vs Everyone

Random.4691

I think, they see this one and it explains everything:

It’s been done already.

I know WvW they will probably not but I think stronghold and guild halls require HoT. You could be right but from what I’ve read the guild halls lie in the jungle and I don’t think you can access the jungle without HoT. Like I said you could be right.

nope strongholds has been confirmed to not require HoT, because it would restrict players.

~Infinity Warden

briggah.7910

You probably shouldn’t use the term “closed minded” it pretty much sums up everyone of your posts today.

You’re entitled to your opinion and all but you not exactly being open minded yourself.

Pretty much the same with everyone of your posts.

I say close minded because they are only seeing it one way and not the big picture at the end. I have the big picture painted in my head already. Maybe I should use a different term so if you could give me one I’ll use that from now on.

Player Vs Everyone

briggah.7910

nope strongholds has been confirmed to not require HoT, because it would restrict players.

Cool, learn something new each day

Player Vs Everyone

Pretty much the same with everyone of your posts.

I say close minded because they are only seeing it one way and not the big picture at the end. I have the big picture painted in my head already. Maybe I should use a different term so if you could give me one I’ll use that from now on.

Share with us this big picture,

i must be having a hard time seeing past the lies, arrogance, and greed.

~Infinity Warden

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

They already made a statement they are listening to the feedback*

I have every confidence they will make a statement once they have gone through that (the merged topic alone has over 3000 posts) and made a plan on how to resolve all these issues the best way they can.

I’m hoping they’ll have a response for us before the weekend.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Gaile did address players about it saying they’re looking at feedback. It just doesn’t seem to be the answer players are looking for though.

They can’t really run into this with a half-kittened plan; look where it’s landed them now.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Cool, learn something new each day

Attachments:

~Infinity Warden

Gaile did address players about it saying they’re looking at feedback. It just doesn’t seem to be the answer players are looking for though.

They can’t really run into this with a half-kittened plan; look where it’s landed them now.

where is this exactly? becuase all i have seen is them saying this
“To clarify: $50 is the price of the expansion. We included the core game as a free bonus to make it easier for new players to get into it.”

and this

5155589:
5155589:

if you look at the world through the cold cynical eyes of economics

You rang?

~Infinity Warden

Random.4691

I am far from closed minded, I understand why some people are not upset, I don’t agree but I understand. Just as I understand why people are upset (multiple reasons) and agree with some, not all.

I unlike you have stated several times each and everyone of us have the right to believe what we like, we have the right to our opinions. I also unlike yourself have not tried to shove my opinion down peoples throats, I have disagreed and explained my reasoning, I have even corrected people on both sides of the fence when they are using misinformation.

There is a very large difference, I am standing up for my morals, you seem to be just outright trying to shoot down anyone who has a different opinion.

Tell me am I wrong ? have you been a little over zealous with your opinion and how others should feel ? You have the right to disagree with people, you don’t have the right to try and tell them what to feel or think.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

where is this exactly?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/HoT-Price-Feedback-Base-game-included-merged/page/60#post5164966

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

where is this exactly?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/HoT-Price-Feedback-Base-game-included-merged/page/60#post5164966

Thats not an answer. its them saying we are reading, not doing anything about it

~Infinity Warden

briggah.7910

Share with us this big picture,

i must be having a hard time seeing past the lies, arrogance, and greed.

Well if you can get past all that, the picture I have is Anet tried to do something to bring in more players. More players will benefit us all in the long run. The more players we have around, the more likely those players will buy things from the gem store as many of us have done over the times to help support the game.

The more support they get from the players the more new content they can create. The more content that they can create will give us more stuff to do in the game. They want to create stuff so that the players stick around and the free content that they have pushed out over the years just wasn’t enough to keep the players in the game.

Yes they make money as well but if you look at feedback and stuff they actually do listen to the players (not all the time) and try to create things for the players to enjoy. Yes it is Anets game but really the players are the ones that will help support it and keep the game going for years to come.

The only argument that I can agree on with people is the price of the expansion since everyone’s budget is not the same. I really do understand those players.

The ones I don’t get are the people demanding something free because new players get a free copy of the core game. I don’t get the veterans that say we got nothing but had years of free updates. I don’t get how people are so upset they need another character slot when you don’t get one for each profession to begin with.

Player Vs Everyone

briggah.7910

I am far from closed minded, I understand why some people are not upset, I don’t agree but I understand. Just as I understand why people are upset (multiple reasons) and agree with some, not all.

I unlike you have stated several times each and everyone of us have the right to believe what we like, we have the right to our opinions. I also unlike yourself have not tried to shove my opinion down peoples throats, I have disagreed and explained my reasoning, I have even corrected people on both sides of the fence when they are using misinformation.

There is a very large difference, I am standing up for my morals, you seem to be just outright trying to shoot down anyone who has a different opinion.

Tell me am I wrong ? have you been a little over zealous with your opinion and how others should feel ? You have the right to disagree with people, you don’t have the right to try and tell them what to feel or think.

You have personally quoted me in several threads and keep calling me a white knight.. Have you not? So by calling me some name I really just look at you as a troll. Simple as that.

edit: Someone also said white knights are what ruin this game yet I’ve already gone and supported the game by buying the expansion. That was my choice. So I supported this game cause I felt it was worth it to yet some people are saying people like me ruin this game. Go figure..

Player Vs Everyone

(edited by briggah.7910)

You have personally quoted me in several threads and keep calling me a white knight.. Have you not? So by calling me some name I really just look at you as a troll. Simple as that.

I dont think you quite understand what that name means

~Infinity Warden

Random.4691

Giving new players the core copy was a smart move, but they should have been forth coming about it to prevent the previous sales. It also wouldn’t have hurt them to show some compassion to their long term players.

I said it before, we are not entitled but that doesn’t mean they couldn’t have showed compassion to their vets. This expansion … it wouldn’t be happening without people like you, me, and all the other long time players regardless of which stance we are each taking on this.

They knew this, they practiced this in GW1, and while this is not GW1 you would think they would have taken some of the successful practices with them into GW2.

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

Pretty much. They’ll bunker down. Those new players will sustain them I’m sure.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

briggah.7910

I dont think you quite understand what that name means

I edited above and that’s the reason why. Its still a name. I also been called a fanboy and an kitten kisser as well.

Player Vs Everyone

Random.4691

white knight
noun
a person or thing that comes to someone’s aid.
a person or company making an acceptable counteroffer for a company facing a hostile takeover bid.

The second part may not apply because I’m not aware of any hostile takeovers, but you are coming to the aid of Anet are you not ?

briggah.7910

white knight
noun
a person or thing that comes to someone’s aid.
a person or company making an acceptable counteroffer for a company facing a hostile takeover bid.

The second part may not apply because I’m not aware of any hostile takeovers, but you are coming to the aid of Anet are you not ?

Well you can thank who ever said white knights/white knighting ruin this game. So I take that name as being offensive seeing as I already supported it so there is no way I ruined this game for others..

Player Vs Everyone

Random.4691

Actually that was me, touche.