It's Confirmed, No WvW in Future

in WvW

Posted by: Genavelle.9516

Genavelle.9516

Edit: LOL OMG. I hope everyone sees what happened here. Please, hear me out fellow WvWers.
I made this thread titled as “Why Should I Buy The Expansion?” in the HoT forum. I put it in that forum because I am talking about the expansion and asking what’s in it for me, why should I spend my money on it?
Well according to Anet, I shouldn’t. Someone moved this thread out of that forum into the WvW forum- I’m going to take that as the message “The expansion holds nothing for WvW, so this thread does not belong there, let me stick it in the WvW forum where nobody actually has to deal with it.”
But not only did they move it, they (for some reason) changed the title from “Why Should I Buy The Expansion?” to “My Opinion on WvW and HoT”- plus they did not even NOTIFY ME that they had changed the title, so I couldn’t even find my own thread.
~~~~~~~

Sell it to me, Anet, players, anyone. Tell me why I should spend my money on the expansion.

I have a few worries that are making me seriously consider no buying the Expansion, and I would like to address them and maybe hear what will be done regarding them in upcoming content.

World Vs World: I am primarily a WvW player, so of course that makes me very pessimistic about this expansion. We have heard from devs that they don’t even believe primarily WvW players exist- basically we are just unicorns in the GW2 world: a myth. So is the new WvW map going to be a recreation of EoTM- just a big ktrain farm fest? Or are you actually working to create something for WvW players? Will anything be done to help bring back a sense of server pride, or balance out the servers so that we don’t have y’know servers of just blobs and blobs and T1 servers fixing their matches every week to keep T1 locked from other servers, and dead servers in the low tiers because everyone jumped ship to go to the server with the greenest grass? Right now WvW seems to just be this idea of “the grass on the other side is greener”, where people get bored of their server, for whatever reason, swap to a server that has been rumored to be great fun, which causes a chain reaction where the original server becomes emptied as everyone else follows suit or eventually gives up because there just aren’t enough people left for it to be fun. But then these green-grass bandwagon servers get so overwhelmed with players that they’re not fun anymore, they’re oversaturated and most people don’t want giant blob fights all day, so they hop servers again. And again. And again. Will we be getting any new WvW content? New things for guilds to use in WvW? Help for scouts, roamers, GvGs? What’s happening for us?

Secondly, I feel like the attitude in this game has become all about the constant farm. Everything that gets introduced into the game anymore is just a new way to farm or ktrain. Why? What happened to all that stuff I read years ago that made me want to buy this game, about redefining the MMO and ditching the old “grind grind grind” system? Because Anet, that’s exactly what you’ve turned this game into. If the expansion is just going to be all about farming, then I don’t want it.

Basically, if this expansion is going to finalize the death of WvW and continue to make GW2 into a giant ktrain, farm farm farm farm farm thing, let me know, because I’m not going to pay for that. I have to say that right now I actually have more fun coming to the forums to kitten and complain than I do playing the game, and I can come to the forums for free without paying for an expansion.

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

(edited by Genavelle.9516)

in WvW

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If you have read/watched/listened to all the News Blogs/interviews/livestreams/etc., you will learn the answers to all your questions from the Devs.

The forums will just give you either an optimistic opinion, or a negative opinion, leaving you just where you were.

Your choice: Statements from the Devs, or interpreted opinions.

Good luck.

in WvW

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

(edited by FrizzFreston.5290)

in WvW

Posted by: DarkSpirit.7046

DarkSpirit.7046

I would wait to hear the next beta test event feedback before buying. The last event feedback didn’t go that well.

And of course, try not to get too carried away from all that hype since obviously all that fits into their marketing model.

in WvW

Posted by: Eleazyair.5716

Eleazyair.5716

Buy the expansion because I said so.

in WvW

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Its not our jobb to sell the expansion to you and if you dont think the elite specilizations are worth it to you then dont buy the expansion.

Since you will get the map for free but wont be able to use all the mechanics.

in WvW

Genavelle.9516

Does this mean a guild has to take responsibility for upgrading things they’ve claimed? So like…just claiming camps for +5 supply will mean that nobody else can then upgrade the camp until you’ve gone on and claimed something else? Or what?

And while all these new siege thingies and stuff like pact fleets and charr cars sound cool, how do they actually fit in with WvW play? Most WvW players are concerned about PvP fights, and fight tactics- not siege. Most WvW players actually MOCK people who rely on siege instead of coming out and fighting themselves.

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

in WvW

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Despite everything, I know the majority of us will buy the expansion because of the updates to the game and future Living Story content.

Look at it this way: You’re unlocking future, and free, content.

Don’t get it twisted. The expansion’s content, new class, or fluff are not its biggest selling points. Access to future Living Story, Seasonal, and Special Events episodes, achievements, and rewards are.

Gone to Reddit.

in WvW

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

Despite everything, I know the majority of us will buy the expansion because of the updates to the game and future Living Story content.

Don’t get it twisted. The expansion’s content, new class, or fluff are not its biggest selling points. Access to future Living Story, Seasonal, and Special Events episodes, achievements, and rewards are.

True statement. I currently do not see enough included in the expansion to warrant a purchase for $50. I currently do not trust ANET to fill in enough value into their blank check for my pre-order. I currently don’t trust ANET to actually deliver class balance in all game modes. Its all going to come down to ANET either giving us proof or blind faith. I, personally, think that they have destroyed blind faith. If you believe in unicorns/blind faith…then buy at will….believing that somehow they will deliver on all your hopes and dreams in some future utopia version of GW2, that will somehow be delivered in a free content patch in HoT.

in WvW

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

True statement. I currently do not see enough included in the expansion to warrant a purchase for $50. I currently do not trust ANET to fill in enough value into their blank check for my pre-order. I currently don’t trust ANET to actually deliver class balance in all game modes. Its all going to come down to ANET either giving us proof or blind faith. I, personally, think that they have destroyed blind faith. If you believe in unicorns/blind faith…then buy at will….believing that somehow they will deliver on all your hopes and dreams in some future utopia version of GW2, that will somehow be delivered in a free content patch in HoT.

See that’s the funny bit. There are probably as many of us who don’t believe Anet dropped the ball. Who believe they’ve delivered an entertaining game, and are having fun playing it. So for us, it’s not blind faith.

in WvW

FrizzFreston.5290

Does this mean a guild has to take responsibility for upgrading things they’ve claimed? So like…just claiming camps for +5 supply will mean that nobody else can then upgrade the camp until you’ve gone on and claimed something else? Or what?

And while all these new siege thingies and stuff like pact fleets and charr cars sound cool, how do they actually fit in with WvW play? Most WvW players are concerned about PvP fights, and fight tactics- not siege. Most WvW players actually MOCK people who rely on siege instead of coming out and fighting themselves.

That last bit remains to be seen really. They will have WvW tests coming up, but noone really has access to GHs at that point. So it will be a bit until those special thingies come into play.

However I also forgot about these topics they talked about a bit longer ago that should answer dome of your questions.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/upgrading-world-vs-world-upgrades/
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/ready-up-episode-34-wvw-automatic-upgrades/

I think it was talking about how upgrades will go up automatically the longer you hold it. There should have been some discussions about it in the WvW forum?

There’s also some other things coming to WvW and PvP regarding building the guildhall with stuff from guild missions which is really up in the air atm. I wouldn’t know whether its an awesome thing or just some small band aid change though.

In the end whether it makes HoT worth it for the solely WvW players is up to you. At least I can provide some information only.

in WvW

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

You don’t pay for free things now do you? If it’s free later but requires payment to unlock, it was never free

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

in WvW

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

Personally can’t think of a single reason why, so I haven’t. First give me my continue coin refund or that long overdue SAB expansion, and I might consider it.

(edited by OmniPotentes.4817)

in WvW

Genavelle.9516

You’re completely missing my point. Did I say I cared about living story content? I am a primarily wvw player- pve updates and living story are NOT what I am concerned about, they are not why I play this game. And up til now, the wvw portion of the game has been largely neglected by anet, and what few updates we’ve seen have really done more to hurt the wvw player base/ playstyle than anything else.

So again, my question is for players who are not in love with the grindy farmfest pve has become, what reason do we have to spend any more money on this game?

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

in WvW

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If you need someone to convince you that vehemently, you are probably better off waiting…or abstaining, completely.

No purchase necessary to continue to play WvW; you will just have no access to those features included in the expansion that are WvW-centric.

Good luck.

in WvW

Vayne.8563

Dear WvW player who doesn’t do anything but play WvW…

No one can tell you whether you should or shouldn’t buy the expansion. If your’e not sure wait.

Sincerely, practical people who think you’ve already made up your mind and you’re just here reassure yourself that you’ve made the right choice.

in WvW

Genavelle.9516

Tbh I’m really more here to make a point. Anet has stated that they dont think wvw players are a thing, and I am pretty sure they are going to destroy our game mode with the expansion. They dont read the wvw forums, I’m sure they check this forum because they’re trying SO hard to advertise and sell HoT. So I want to show them that a lot of their long-term players are going to end up leaving with this expansion if they dont give us a reason to stay.

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

in WvW

Posted by: Simzani.4318

Simzani.4318

I think the new pve borderland map that exclude pvp from wvw is an answer at your concerns.

in WvW

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’ve seen this ‘WvW-players are not a thing’ statement bandied about a bit. Do you have a source?

Thx.

in WvW

Posted by: Orochimaru.4730

Orochimaru.4730

I’ve seen this ‘WvW-players are not a thing’ statement bandied about a bit. Do you have a source?

Thx.

Only from the mouth of Mike O’Brien himself!

in WvW

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Lol. Ok. So, their metrics show a large percentage of players at least step outside WvW at times.

Gotcha. Sounds like a great banner for WvW.

Good luck.

in WvW

FrizzFreston.5290

So… he basically said that players who only play WvW are a rare type of player. Which is far from saying that WvW players aren’t a thing.

It’s not even that weird. I suspect that when wvw queues are full, most “WvW players” aren’t gonna hang around aimlessly.

in WvW

Vayne.8563

Tbh I’m really more here to make a point. Anet has stated that they dont think wvw players are a thing, and I am pretty sure they are going to destroy our game mode with the expansion. They dont read the wvw forums, I’m sure they check this forum because they’re trying SO hard to advertise and sell HoT. So I want to show them that a lot of their long-term players are going to end up leaving with this expansion if they dont give us a reason to stay.

Based on what though? Where are your metrics? My guild? I know other guilds.

I promise you Anet knows what percentage of people are where, and when. You may think you have this huge group of WvWers, but compared to the rest of the playerbase it might be 10%. It might be 15%.

You don’t know what percentage of those people are going to leave. You don’t even know what percentage of people might LIKE the changes. And you can’t know how many new people Anet gets will enter WvW.

In fact, what you’re saying is I know more than Anet about who does what in the game and frankly, I don’t think that’s the case.

in WvW

FrizzFreston.5290

Well. .. making threats like “alot of long term players are going to leave if….” without having any factual information is kind of an empty threat. It’s his point that should somehow hold more weight because “alot” of people will leave. Which as you stated yourself, which I agree with, is totally irrelevant.

Other than that, his dissatisfaction with the way he feels WvW is seemingly handled is naturally as valid as any other opinion.

in WvW

Ardenwolfe.8590

You don’t pay for free things now do you? If it’s free later but requires payment to unlock, it was never free

Um . . . I bought the game when it came out. The base game. So, yes, I never paid for any of the Living Story episode like newer players had to. I.E. Free.

And yes, in order to get the future content and episodes, you kind of have to buy the expansion.

Please don’t split hairs.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

in WvW

Vayne.8563

Um . . . I bought the game when it came out. The base game. So, yes, I never paid for any of the Living Story episode like newer players had to. I.E. Free.

And yes, in order to get the future content and episode, you kind have to buy the expansion.

Please don’t split hairs.

Man you guys have very similar names. It explains a lot.

I agree that I buy MMOs for access to content present and future. I buy driving games for access to just the game I’m buying.

in WvW

Ardenwolfe.8590

Based on what though? Where are your metrics? My guild? I know other guilds.

I promise you Anet knows what percentage of people are where, and when. You may think you have this huge group of WvWers, but compared to the rest of the playerbase it might be 10%. It might be 15%.

You don’t know what percentage of those people are going to leave. You don’t even know what percentage of people might LIKE the changes. And you can’t know how many new people Anet gets will enter WvW.

In fact, what you’re saying is I know more than Anet about who does what in the game and frankly, I don’t think that’s the case.

You know, Vayne is not my favorite person on these boards, but I’ll be kitten if he doesn’t have valid points here.

Sorry you don’t like the responses, Genavelle, but those are the answers you got.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Yes. And thats the only info we have, and none of which adresses the OPs primary questions and concerns except the GvG part via guild halls. But what about the rest of it ? The GvG thing is actually a smaller concern and not primary.

- How does HoT address server population and nightcapping imbalance ?
- How does HoT address the empty low tier servers ?

those are primary issues, everything else combined is beating around the bush.

I am also same as OP, a WvW focused player. I PvE and SPVP on the side. In fact, most of my PvE I would gladly trade for WvW but cant cause gold / farm results in SW vs rewards in WvW. Which BTW is another one of a-nets kitten ups that I have not heard anything about from HoT standpoint and needs to be added to OPs list.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

(edited by Tongku.5326)

in WvW

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

Don’t buy it and wait for all the video and stream that will be happen after the xpac drops. Until it goes live its subject to change. If you don’t like where we are not then you probably wont like where we are going.

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

in WvW

Ardenwolfe.8590

Again, keep in mind, the last Living Story ended with a PvE cliffhanger. The expansion picks up exactly where that cliffhanger ended. So, if you’re expecting a sudden WvW windfall, my apologies . . . but you’re not paying attention.

Gone to Reddit.

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

If youre just in it for WvW (or pvp) then there isnt much content exclusive to HoT, and that can make 55euros a difficult sell.

Essentially what you wont get is as a WvW player is Specializations, Revenant and Guild Hall.

HoT does very little for WvW.

in WvW

Genavelle.9516

Well. .. making threats like “alot of long term players are going to leave if….” without having any factual information is kind of an empty threat. It’s his point that should somehow hold more weight because “alot” of people will leave. Which as you stated yourself, which I agree with, is totally irrelevant.

Other than that, his dissatisfaction with the way he feels WvW is seemingly handled is naturally as valid as any other opinion.

If you want support to my statement, go take a peek in the WvW forum. It is essentially filled to the top right now with people saying that they do not want to spend any more money on this game. People saying they’re stopping buying gems, won’t buy the expansion, planning to quit the game altogether, etc.

Also, I’m a she.

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

in WvW

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

If you really enjoyed GW2, but have slowly fizzled because there’s no new content, but really wish they would add more content so you can enjoy the game again, then buy the expansion.

If you didn’t really care for the base GW2 experience, then don’t worry about it.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

in WvW

Genavelle.9516

If you really enjoyed GW2, but have slowly fizzled because there’s no new content, but really wish they would add more content so you can enjoy the game again, then buy the expansion.

If you didn’t really care for the base GW2 experience, then don’t worry about it.

Here’s the problem: I’ve grown to really love playing WvW with my friends, but have slowly fizzled out because WvW is neglected by the devs and has become an unprofitable, imbalanced mess. Worse, they might be turning it into Ktrain Wars with the new map.

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Here’s the problem: I’ve grown to really love playing WvW with my friends, but have slowly fizzled out because WvW is neglected by the devs and has become an unprofitable, imbalanced mess. Worse, they might be turning it into Ktrain Wars with the new map.

Yea

the screwed up thing is that its exactly and precisely that neglect and imbalance that has lead to it being unprofitable, and that it had the potential to be a cashcow of immense proportions with literally no competition on the market in any practical sense. if one of the major gaming sites ran awards for missed opportunities then this one would be either 1st place or very close to it.

they dropped the ball on it bigtime.

in addition, many players progress through this game by leveling >> open world pve >> dungeons >> wvw or spvp (about equal) and once they reach that final stage they get very disappointed and leave within a few months altogether as they realize their efforts and work is all for nothing due to the way PPT works.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: Notsoperky.4291

Notsoperky.4291

I’m just glad so many people have already parted with their money without knowing what they are getting, or when.

It’s a fine example of why bookies continue to thrive: despite all evidence that gambling doesn’t pay, people still bet in the belief they will win, beating the odds.

Should you buy it OP? Not until you know what it is that is being offered, and have a date on which you might receive the goods you are handing over the money for.

in WvW

Posted by: Lauranda.1342

Lauranda.1342

I am a 99% WvWer myself. Let me start out by saying, I am getting burnt out with the same old thing. I want some change, but stupid events like the golem rush are NOT what I am talking about. And I also don’t want EotM 2, which I’m scared it is going to be (after watching some streams from the test weekend).

The only reason I am still playing at this point is because I am going for gold rank (actually just got there a few days ago). And I still get some enjoyment out of skirmishing (I’m a solo/havok roamer who defends the home bl). And ofc, I have some good friends.

Basically, in my mind, the goods and bads balance. SO, I looked at what else would affect me in the expansion. As far as I can tell, just elite specs. Looking over the info we have, I decided that I didn’t want to mess with that, BUT it seems like you would be at a disadvantage vs. enemy players who are elite. So, it’s either get the xpac or quit. At this point, I reevaluated the previous goods and bads, with the elite specs added, and decided, I don’t want to learn new stuff (map and specs, etc)…and have to pay $50 for it. That combined with my boredom has made me decide to not buy the xpac and quit sometimes before release.

I have lots of solo games that have been piling up that need playing, anyway.

in WvW

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Sell it to me, Anet, players, anyone. Tell me why I should spend my money on the expansion.

Be cause 50 or even 100 is not much for an MMO with no subs and you got 2-3 years of content usually for free aside from cosmetic fluff.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

in WvW

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Be cause 50 or even 100 is not much for an MMO with no subs and you got 2-3 years of content usually for free aside from cosmetic fluff.

Pretty much

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in WvW

FrizzFreston.5290

I am a 99% WvWer myself. Let me start out by saying, I am getting burnt out with the same old thing. I want some change, but stupid events like the golem rush are NOT what I am talking about. And I also don’t want EotM 2, which I’m scared it is going to be (after watching some streams from the test weekend).

The only reason I am still playing at this point is because I am going for gold rank (actually just got there a few days ago). And I still get some enjoyment out of skirmishing (I’m a solo/havok roamer who defends the home bl). And ofc, I have some good friends.

Basically, in my mind, the goods and bads balance. SO, I looked at what else would affect me in the expansion. As far as I can tell, just elite specs. Looking over the info we have, I decided that I didn’t want to mess with that, BUT it seems like you would be at a disadvantage vs. enemy players who are elite. So, it’s either get the xpac or quit. At this point, I reevaluated the previous goods and bads, with the elite specs added, and decided, I don’t want to learn new stuff (map and specs, etc)…and have to pay $50 for it. That combined with my boredom has made me decide to not buy the xpac and quit sometimes before release.

You’re sort of contradicting yourself. You’re bored with the same old, but on the other hand you don’t want to learn new stuff either. I guess you’re right about being burnt out.

@ Genavelle: I think people never have been fairly positive about WvW. I also don’t think adding to WvW is going to make anyone happy. To me it seems more that there’s so many different people with different demands coming into WvW while not treating WvW as what ArenaNet envisions it to be. There’s alot of people that want open field battles in the game of siege that WvW actually is, for example. There has always been a disconnect with what people want WvW to be and what ArenaNet made it to be.

That’s not to say that WvW is perfect. I, personally, still think that walls in WvW being instantly build up makes up for a pretty boring game mode. Plus open field would or could become open fortress battles (until someone repairs it). But that’s just me.

Suddenly saying that people might leave or at least not pay for the expansion won’t do much anyway. Other than Guild stuff, EP and the Rev the rest is pretty much a “free” addition.

in WvW

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Yeah as has been said, you are self conflicted.

You are burnt out and bored but you dont want to learn new things.

This isnt to say the new map doesnt have issues, or the wvw system itself need some work,

But you encapsulate the tricky part of design. They must balance your desire for evolution and excitement against your desire not to have things change.

Heres the truth, they cant fix wvw without big change. And they cant make it more exciting if it has to be the same.

in WvW

Genavelle.9516

Pretty much

Please people. Dont waste my and your time by posting in a thread you didn’t read. I have specific concerns about the future of this game I want addressed. I also will not be paying $50 for 2-3 years of content because in the past 3 years anet hasn’t even been able to fix bugs in wvw or take care of it so that our rewards get inflated year after year like in pve, or so that the servers stay balanced, or anything- let alone new content. Basically the expansion would offer me a new class, specializations, and yknow maybe some other little things. But I’m also worried that when the expansion comes out, wvw will die if the new maps turn it into eotm 2.0, and then what reason do I have to even keep playing at all?

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

in WvW

Posted by: Valdur.3607

Valdur.3607

Pretty much

Please people. Dont waste my and your time by posting in a thread you didn’t read. I have specific concerns about the future of this game I want addressed. I also will not be paying $50 for 2-3 years of content because in the past 3 years anet hasn’t even been able to fix bugs in wvw or take care of it so that our rewards get inflated year after year like in pve, or so that the servers stay balanced, or anything- let alone new content. Basically the expansion would offer me a new class, specializations, and yknow maybe some other little things. But I’m also worried that when the expansion comes out, wvw will die if the new maps turn it into eotm 2.0, and then what reason do I have to even keep playing at all?

I think you’ve already made your decision.

in WvW

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

It’s very simple, if you want it but it. If you don’t then simply don’t. Anet is trying to please as many people as podiums. I’m happy, I’ll but it. If your not then don’t.

in WvW

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

Let me help you, don’t buy it. This decision I made for you is based entirely on your comments. you can keep playing wvW if you want, but don’t try and pretend you know more than the guys who design products based ENTIRELY on metrics.

in WvW

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

So your question as to why you should buy the expansion is simply a ruse to make a point that you think Anet is going to ruin the game. I think your speculation about long term players leaving is just fear mongering. If the current vanilla version you play NOW isn’t a reason to play the game in itself, then kitten expansion that you’ve already decided will ruin the game isn’t going to do it for you.

You’re point goes without saying and rather point-less. If people don’t like it, they won’t buy it. OK …

Now, if your point is that People who make assumptions about how the game will be ruined by the expansion and therefore allowing that assumption to taint their objective assessment of the expansion is ridiculous, regardless of how the current game satisfies them …. then you might have something to talk about.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in WvW

DarkSpirit.7046

Let me help you, don’t buy it. This decision I made for you is based entirely on your comments. you can keep playing wvW if you want, but don’t try and pretend you know more than the guys who design products based ENTIRELY on metrics.

Metrics are not infallible and don’t make you all-seeing and all-knowing what your customers want especially when you don’t necessarily select the right metrics to look at.

(edited by DarkSpirit.7046)

in WvW

DarkSpirit.7046

So your question as to why you should buy the expansion is simply a ruse to make a point that you think Anet is going to ruin the game. I think your speculation about long term players leaving is just fear mongering. If the current vanilla version you play NOW isn’t a reason to play the game in itself, then kitten expansion that you’ve already decided will ruin the game isn’t going to do it for you.

You’re point goes without saying and rather point-less. If people don’t like it, they won’t buy it. OK …

Now, if your point is that People who make assumptions about how the game will be ruined by the expansion and therefore allowing that assumption to taint their objective assessment of the expansion is ridiculous, regardless of how the current game satisfies them …. then you might have something to talk about.

Some veteran players just do not like where the game is going. Their recent experiences have already indicated to them what HoT would be like going forward so they have valid concerns.

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

“Don’t get it twisted. The expansion’s content, new class, or fluff are not its biggest selling points. Access to future Living Story, Seasonal, and Special Events episodes, achievements, and rewards are.”

As a WvW player i dont give a kitten about all these things, actually you’d have to pay me to do those farm-events for virtual money or get meaningless achievements, and not with ingame gold. Still will pay 60 bucks just to keep on wvwing and see if i can get some fun out of stuff which Anet overlooked to turn into a karma train. I dont expect anything whatsoever from Anet after the last 2.5 years experience, but the combat system still warrants to stay with the game untill a better one pops out and thats not on my horizon atm.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in WvW

FrizzFreston.5290

To be honest, considering that WvW is a PvP mode, then any additions to the combat in the form of elite specialisations and a new class is generally the only thing that should be added.