Why are 'adventures' locked?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Kerin.9125

Kerin.9125

It’s bad enough we have to deal with this content in order to be able to progress ascended weapons, etc. so why the hell are they locked behind meta events that means finding a map with a specific ‘adventure’ open is a nightmare.

Right now I need Drone Race and it’s locked because the Mordrem are attacking the SCAR Bivouac, as far as I can see it’ll only be available one the SCAR lane is capped.

This means fighting for taxis to rare maps where the TD meta is being done and hoping they unlock this .. of course other players aren’t going to thank me for abandoning them as soon as this content is unlocked but what else can I do.

STOP LOCKING THIS CONTENT ANET!

Posted by: Avarice.2791

Avarice.2791

I understand your frustrations, I was trying to get some shooting gallery in last night. I waited about 30 minutes for it to open up and I had enough time to give it four tries before it closed back down. That’s approximately 8 minutes and I’d have to wait another 45 minutes or so for it to unlock again. Not to mention shooting gallery is absolutely absurd.

Anet mentioned something awhile back about working on the availability of adventures via the April “nerf-all-content” patch.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I was doing the sanctum sprint thingy one and got randomly locked outa it in the process. Had to afk on the map for a long time for it to open back up so I could finally get silver on it for weapon. Was very unmoistening.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

It’s a bit understandable that they are unavailable during meta events. It eliminates sources of non-contributions to the map efforts.

Posted by: MLinni.6109

MLinni.6109

Imo the easiest solution for the closing adventures would be putting them into different small instanced areas. Sure, you would lose out on map participation, but that would by far not be as annoying than being kicked out from or having to wait for adventures opening. They could be open all the time.
Of course it would require some dev work to create all the instances.

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

FYI They are aware of this issue and supposed to be looking into it already.

I finished Nevermore a few weeks back, seems the name points to you never more making another legendary.

Still there are going to be people with enough tenacity/pigheadedness to go and make another one anyway. I made 11 of the old legendaries before this one, sold 3 of those.

Why? I was bored…. :p

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

It’s to force you to progress the meta in most cases.

They could just, y’know, actually make the map metas accessible by providing easier means to get to and between events, make them scale down to a reasonable amount of players, that being one player in most cases, and remove obscene time restrictions that have no respect for players real lives.

But why do that when you can just punish players for not doing it right? Right!?

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

I think this is one of the things they’ve talked about changing in an upcoming patch.

SBI

Posted by: Avarice.2791

Avarice.2791

FYI They are aware of this issue and supposed to be looking into it already.

I finished Nevermore a few weeks back, seems the name points to you never more making another legendary.

Still there are going to be people with enough tenacity/pigheadedness to go and make another one anyway. I made 11 of the old legendaries before this one, sold 3 of those.

Why? I was bored…. :p

Well you went off on a random tangent there hahaha

Posted by: Fang.9376

Fang.9376

Unfortunately, this is still an issue. I waited ~30 minutes and did all the events prior to “Shooting Gallery” becoming available. It was up for around 15 minutes before another event occurred in the area and locked the adventure up. The Shooting Gallery needs to be available for more than 15 minutes per hour.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

This is one of the reasons adventures are so bad. I always though the April patch was going to be as good as it gets for the adventures. They could have been something cool. But for most of the time they are dead content.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I know this is a necro’d thread….

But I hate that adventures are locked up periodically. I don’t want to decide to do them and practice the harder ones and I go there and either have to stand around twiddling my thumbs or wander off and do other stuff and hope I don’t miss the time it’s unlocked.

Very poor design.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

‘Stop locking content’
Okay, picture this.

Its war. Your village is under siege. Some adventurer comes by asking to play a game.
@tfw you got no time for games, your village is dying, whats this adventurer thinking.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

‘Stop locking content’
Okay, picture this.

Its war. Your village is under siege. Some adventurer comes by asking to play a game.
@tfw you got no time for games, your village is dying, whats this adventurer thinking.

That defense of your village is your job and not necesarily the concern of some adventurer who happened to wander by with his own life and concerns?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

‘Stop locking content’
Okay, picture this.

You would have a point, if this where not a game. With things like mastery points that you need to “progress”. Seeing as this are “easier” to re try than story achievements to get the points. So really they should not be locked.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

‘Stop locking content’
Okay, picture this.

I pictured it and I don’t really care. Of course it’s “logical” — it’s also boring.

I don’t want to be forced to either wait or participate in events just to be able to do something that is not tied to the meta’s success. I’m not a big fan of the Auric Basin challenges, but at least those are thematically aligned with the meta; the adventures are not.

In other words, I understand the rationale; I don’t agree that it justifies the tedious gameplay that gating adventures causes.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

They should be unlocked a vast majority of the time, if not all the time. I hear the argument that having them open all the time could take people away from the meta, but I don’t agree with it. Any well organized map will succeed at the meta even if not everyone is competent. And an incompetent player really isn’t much more help than one who isn’t actively participating (aka someone off doing an adventure).

Its different from locking something like the skelk regurgitant when the meta starts, since there could easily be 10 people doing that event (which is enough for a whole lane if they all know what they are doing I guess), but most adventures rarely have even 1 person in them, much less a group.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I hear the argument that having them open all the time could take people away from the meta, but I don’t agree with it. …
Its different from locking something like the skelk regurgitant when the meta starts, since there could easily be 10 people doing that event

And yet the game doesn’t lock the completion of Hero Points, which also can take 2-10 people or more away from the Meta. That is, I’ll double down on OriOri’s argument: completion of the Meta is only very rarely impacted by the 328 other things that are going on at the same time in the same map and yet only adventures get locked.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

They have now added adventures to the dailies, this makes it probably about time the locks were revoked permanently.

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Some adventures require you have some mid to high level mastery to be able to do in the first place. These adventures should never be locked on top of this requirement!

Think about this, Drone race (requires poison lore), Haywire (requires Exalted Assistance), Fallen Masks (requires Exalted something), Wings of Gold and Bugs in the Branches (Both require some form of gliding), and Lava (Speed Mushrooms Help, but aren’t required for Bronze)

To the best of my recollection, Shooting Gallery requires nothing, but Sanctum Scramble used to require partial story completion to even gain access to the area.

Anyway, the ones that have a mastery stipulation shouldn’t be locked during events imo.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination