Why can't all actives be like Drone Race?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Chingiz.9167

Chingiz.9167

So, Drone Race along with Flying Circus were the only activities i really liked and enjoyed. Also they weren’t hard. Then there are activities like Shooting Gallery (took me like 3 hours of frustration to get this on gold) and Haywire Punch-o-Matic, which is just impossible to get on gold, Fallen Masks that you can’t do with higher latency and is RNG based, and other absurdities.
Activities should be something that everybody can enjoy and not something you do only for mastery points/achievements and then never play it again. So, are they going to do something about this?

I apologize for my bad english but i just had to ask and wanna know it.

Posted by: Rhyav.4812

Rhyav.4812

Because it would be boring and repetitive.
You don’t really need to have gold on any adventures unless you’re a completionist and you just do it for the achievements, which is totally up to you, I didn’t bother with most of them. I have silver on every one of them.
I enjoyed every adventure, and actually Drone Race is one of the adventures I disliked the most, but still enjoyable.
The only adventure they should fix in my opinion is the Punch-o-Matic because its nearly impossible to achieve gold.

I doubt they’ll change the adventures, and frankly, I hope they don’t. (Except Punch, of course)

Posted by: Senario.2038

Senario.2038

So, Drone Race along with Flying Circus were the only activities i really liked and enjoyed. Also they weren’t hard. Then there are activities like Shooting Gallery (took me like 3 hours of frustration to get this on gold) and Haywire Punch-o-Matic, which is just impossible to get on gold, Fallen Masks that you can’t do with higher latency and is RNG based, and other absurdities.
Activities should be something that everybody can enjoy and not something you do only for mastery points/achievements and then never play it again. So, are they going to do something about this?

I kinda wish the activities were about as easy as flying circus. As much as the hardcore crowd keeps yelling they want to be pandered to…it is tough to justify how difficult these things are to players who primarily like to explore as opposed to being achievement hunters. Achievements really should be going into higher level fractals/raids/optional story aspects, not really activities where you earn HoT mastery points because if you are incapable of finishing a few of them then you’re likely never going to be able to finish your masteries for HoT which stifles progress for every type of player.

Posted by: HiggsBoson.1976

HiggsBoson.1976

They are starting to do something about it, slowly.

Haywire Punch-o-matic was nerfed several days ago. Give it a shot again, it’s quite a bit easier now.

Imagine that ANet was trying something new and fun and different with these Adventures, which is why they come in all different forms and difficulties. Cut them some slack.

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

They are starting to do something about it, slowly.

Haywire Punch-o-matic was nerfed several days ago. Give it a shot again, it’s quite a bit easier now.

Imagine that ANet was trying something new and fun and different with these Adventures, which is why they come in all different forms and difficulties. Cut them some slack.

Well, almost 4 months has passed though.

I think adventure shouldn’t be too hard to gold because the reward is just not comparable.

People shouldn’t play “just to get mastery points or AP”, but rather make it desirable for people to repeat the content occasionally.

As it stands now, it only drives away players permanently, either when they get gold and never touch it again, or they never even bother trying anymore.

This is completely counter-productive, waste of potential, waste of resources if Anet makes the adventures like Fallen Mask, Shooting Gallary, and so on.

Posted by: Saephaan.7285

Saephaan.7285

i don’t know, they will probably keep doing them, they deleted a post about suggestions for adventures yesterday, and all replies. i can’t link it. but anet mods always do that, they delete the posts that criticize them.
so get used to impossible adventuers for the average person.

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

For me, it’s crazy that Drone Race gives you 2 mastery points (silver, gold) and doing the ENTIRE tab of story achievements gives you… 1. There’s way too much emphasis put on the activities. As if they didn’t think we’d ever play them, so we are forced to instead. Bleh. It’s by far the worst part of the expac for me, and I doubt I will get the last 12 mastery points I need because I’d rather bash my face into the desk repeatedly.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Isn’t salvage pit easier than Drone Race?

As for Haywire Punchomatic. I am not sure if I can get gold and the controls feel clunky but it is also strangely fun. Scrap rifle was also enjoyable after some experience with it.