Why it makes sense for Druid to be last

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: vanderwolf.7084

vanderwolf.7084

Ok so this could have easily gone into the lore section.

Or I could have posted this to my guild’s forums…but I’m just going to throw out my 2 cents on this.

Druid. Ranger’s elite specialization….
why is it last?

I don’t think it’s only because it was the first announced. I also think there’s a reason it’s getting announced at a Con and not just a PoI.

a few things.

1.) GW1…Druids were a group of krytans who followed melandru and ended up retreating into the Maguuma jungle to become one with the land.

2.) it is hinted very heavily that the player character Sylvari are somehow attached to the Druids

3.) We are going into the maguuma jungle for HoT….where the druids went.

4.) There was a cutscene in living world’s story that featured a golden crystal-like room that was then overgrown with vines. Most people assume this had something to do with modremoth vs. Glint.

I think that this hinted at the egg being brought to the druids for protection.

All of this combined are my reasons. From a lore standpoint, Druid is the profession next to the Revenant that is the most relevant to Heart of Thorns Story, that’s why I think it was last.

twirls away

Posted by: Zephyria.6103

Zephyria.6103

I saw it mentioned on twitter they’re talking about druid at twitchcon. Not sure on the accuracy there, but always looking forward to new info!

Posted by: Gaebriel.3754

Gaebriel.3754

Personally I just think that it’s last because well, one of them has to be first and one has to be last. :P

But it’s an interesting theory! I main a Guardian but Druid is definitely the one I’m looking forward to the most, I’ve always loved the archetype in various RPG’s.

Posted by: vanderwolf.7084

vanderwolf.7084

Personally I just think that it’s last because well, one of them has to be first and one has to be last. :P

But it’s an interesting theory! I main a Guardian but Druid is definitely the one I’m looking forward to the most, I’ve always loved the archetype in various RPG’s.

Druid will probably be my only reason for looking into Ranger at all depending on what it’s like.

It would also be my only reason for looking into a Sylvari at all.