Why items with new stats are account bound?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: vove.2768

vove.2768

Is there any reason for armor/weapon/trinkets stats like marauder/trailblazer/viper/etc. to be account bound? This is so annoying, I cannot buy them from trading post and have to craft every single kitteng thing.

I know there are hordes of people who love crafting but there are as many who hate it. I think I don’t care anymore about this being changed sometime soon as I already leveled every profession I needed, but still, why such decision?

Is it to go with the flow in game market regarding mats grinding and crafting in every single game? I still buy mats on trading post, so the only thing I have to do is run between trading post and crafting stations. What is the point in that?

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

So none hot players cant get the new stat combos

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

IMHO everything should be able to be sold somehow, or be salvaged. Too much stuff is just ends up being useless and has to be destroyed.

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

IMHO everything should be able to be sold somehow, or be salvaged. Too much stuff is just ends up being useless and has to be destroyed.

You can sell them to NPCs, and use asc salvage kits. The entire decision to segregate the player base is to incentivize the F2P players into buying the game. This is stacked on top of the response to a significant number of complaints about Tyrian content being Pay2Win (buy everything you need using Gems to Gold exchange), and the game not rewarding long term goals.

Thus, the most desirable items in the game now have a Time/Effort cost, rather then a straight gold cost. It also precludes some of the economic upsets created when the meta establishes a new “Best in class” item.

Ironically, Anet is already attempting to “solve” the trash stock piles through Accretion and salvage prerequisites. Why do you think they completely devalued Asc gear over the last bunch of updates? They are adopting it as the new base line, and will be using Mastery points and/or Infusion slots as an easy reset for future gating requirements. Look at Artifact power in WoW: Legions…. or Sockets in Diablo…. its a frame work for planned obsolescence

(edited by starlinvf.1358)

Posted by: ValeN.3129

ValeN.3129

I think you can mystic toilet them for something you can sell on the TP as well.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Basically this … since the components aren’t bound

Blude.6812

You can sell them to NPCs, and use asc salvage kits. The entire decision to segregate the player base is to incentivize the F2P players into buying the game. This is stacked on top of the response to a significant number of complaints about Tyrian content being Pay2Win (buy everything you need using Gems to Gold exchange), and the game not rewarding long term goals.

Thus, the most desirable items in the game now have a Time/Effort cost, rather then a straight gold cost. It also precludes some of the economic upsets created when the meta establishes a new “Best in class” item.

Ironically, Anet is already attempting to “solve” the trash stock piles through Accretion and salvage prerequisites. Why do you think they completely devalued Asc gear over the last bunch of updates? They are adopting it as the new base line, and will be using Mastery points and/or Infusion slots as an easy reset for future gating requirements. Look at Artifact power in WoW: Legions…. or Sockets in Diablo…. its a frame work for planned obsolescence

You can’t sell everything to NPC, nor can you salvage everything. Lot of stuff just goes into the garbage because anet decided not to let you salvage it or sell it. It has nothing to with time/effort cost. They give you garbage that is completely useless and nothing can be gained from them, be it copper or an item. This extends to drops as well, like viper recipes. I have them all unlocked, but instead of a simple if /than program statement—they just keep dropping instead of a check and then awarding something else. It’s just bad progamming (done on purpose) to manipulate the the market.

Posted by: vove.2768

vove.2768

Basically this … since the components aren’t bound

How about create a karma merchant in maguuma who sells exotics with new stats just like npcs in cursed shore? Duh

I have over 1 million karma and nothing to do with it, I could at least try different builds on alts without sinking money in trading post.

This is illogical.

This extends to drops as well, like viper recipes. I have them all unlocked, but instead of a simple if /than program statement—they just keep dropping instead of a check and then awarding something else.

This would be great, in WoW it worked like that, but in gw? I don’t think anet cares about improving the game that much.

(edited by vove.2768)

Blude.6812

vove—use the karma with the pact supply network agents (limited to once a day though ). Hold on to them them use to get maps rewards like armored scales then sell them them—— $$$$$$$$
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pact_Supply_Network_Agent

As for your last statement, I tend to agree.

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Have you been to WvW before?

Linken.6345

I have and to my knowlage core accounts cant buy the recipies from the wvw merchant

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

I have and to my knowlage core accounts cant buy the recipies from the wvw merchant

From Wiki

Heart of Thorns Recipes

Vendor tab becomes available once the Provisions Master rank has been completed.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Heroics_Notary

I might be wrong, but doesn’t say anything about the expac other than converting proofs to scrolls

Linken.6345

From Wiki

Heart of Thorns Recipes

Vendor tab becomes available once the Provisions Master rank has been completed.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Heroics_Notary

I might be wrong, but doesn’t say anything about the expac other than converting proofs to scrolls

if you bothered to click in on provison master and scroll down..

Provisions Master
Total Cost: 55 World Ability Point

Improves your ability to gather loot and grants access to the
wares of the portable provisioner. (requires Heart of Thorns)