Why so many bugs in Mordremoth fight?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Jinroh.4251

Jinroh.4251

It’s still not fixed? I guess I’ll just skip it.

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Wait… since I haven’t done this ordeal in a year and you want to tell me that they haven’t fixed any of those bugs? Are you kidding me?

It was much buggier at launch. I know the bugs with the platforms that spawned in air at least was fixed and a couple of others as well. There’s a chance also some of these bugs are newer bugs.

The fact is, for each person complaining about a bugged instance, there are people running this over and over who don’t have these problems.

I’ve probably done that instance 20 times. I can’t remember the last time I experienced a bug in it.

Nice strawman there!

Just because it was buggier, or just because you personally can’t remember when you last experienced a bug, or just because there are people running this over and over doesn’t mean there isn’t a problem. How can you be so dismissive?

My wife and I gave up on this for now. Between the bugs and horrible mechanics we’d both like the two hours of frustration back. It’s kitten like this that makes me scratch my head and wonder, when will GW2 ever be fun and unbroken again?

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Posted by: Slowpokeking.8720

Slowpokeking.8720

Seriously who designed this encounter? It’s the worst end boss design I’ve EVER SEEN.

Looks like you already forgot the Zhaitan “battle”.

I didn’t, regardless how easy that was, you could get it done.

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Wait… since I haven’t done this ordeal in a year and you want to tell me that they haven’t fixed any of those bugs? Are you kidding me?

It was much buggier at launch. I know the bugs with the platforms that spawned in air at least was fixed and a couple of others as well. There’s a chance also some of these bugs are newer bugs.

The fact is, for each person complaining about a bugged instance, there are people running this over and over who don’t have these problems.

I’ve probably done that instance 20 times. I can’t remember the last time I experienced a bug in it.

My guild members just ran it and decided to run migraine. The 4 of them (they picked up a pug for migraine) all had something negative to say about the instance. For 2 of them it was updrafts and something about attacking the bosses.

I was gonna run threw there with them on a healer we could the AP but its a sad thing when people who havent finished the story and once again get to the high point of the story and its completely screwed up. They said there 3rd instance was perfectly fine so i guess in a world where you did it 20 times and got 0 bugs. And one where my guild members go in and get bugged out games 2 out of 3 times.

Im personally ok but any time the very last fight of the story is lame and broken a good thing for a game? Anet is 2/2 right now with Arah and Mordremoth

Posted by: Rukia.9860

Rukia.9860

Mordy is an extremely boring and frustrating fight with how often it bugs out.

I was trying this fight for months, a couple times each month, and the 2nd updraft would never work for me. It simply stopped working. And the option to enter that bubble of protection or whatever instead of updraft? Yeah, nope. Doesn’t work at all, or at least it didn’t the last 30 times I tried the fight.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Nice strawman there!

Just because it was buggier, or just because you personally can’t remember when you last experienced a bug, or just because there are people running this over and over doesn’t mean there isn’t a problem. How can you be so dismissive?

My wife and I gave up on this for now. Between the bugs and horrible mechanics we’d both like the two hours of frustration back. It’s kitten like this that makes me scratch my head and wonder, when will GW2 ever be fun and unbroken again?

I’ve helped many people through that instance, and I’d be glad to help you wand your wife too, so you can get it done, assuming you’re on a US server.

I can be dismissive because I’ve taken so many people through who said it was bugged, only not to have it bugged. Because I have done this, and I’m willing to do it again (and again) just to prove it means that I can be dismissive.

Because the facts being reported don’t match my personal experience. Or the experience of the dozens of people I’ve run it with in my guild.

You may have tried it five times. I’ve done it a lot more than that. One would think that having done it that much I’d have a better view from the top.

But I’m not saying it to be argumentative. I’ve offer help in the new zones and in this fight on thread after thread and if people on US servers want help with it, free, no charge, I’m happy to help them.

(edited by Vayne.8563)

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Well, according to the Wiki, there are all those bugs and they still are. Granted, if you know a few things you may prevent them from happening but in my opinion, this is just questionable. It’s the pinnacle of a story arc, the culmination of the first expansion and they managed to deliver a bugged boss fight and they managed to still not fix them.

Attachments:

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Well, according to the Wiki, there are all those bugs and they still are. Granted, if you know a few things you may prevent them from happening but in my opinion, this is just questionable. It’s the pinnacle of a story arc, the culmination of the first expansion and they managed to deliver a bugged boss fight and they managed to still not fix them.

The problem is, no one will edit the wiki to say bugs are fixed, because the bugs don’t affect everyone. So if I’ve been through 20 times without a bug, I still can’t edit the wiki to say those bugs aren’t there. But those bugs don’t affect everyone and some people who said it was bugged, when I played with them, simply didn’t understand what to do.

It’s definitely finicky and some bugs probably do still exist. It’s just that they’re mostly easily avoidable.

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

The problem is, no one will edit the wiki to say bugs are fixed, because the bugs don’t affect everyone. So if I’ve been through 20 times without a bug, I still can’t edit the wiki to say those bugs aren’t there. But those bugs don’t affect everyone and some people who said it was bugged, when I played with them, simply didn’t understand what to do.

It’s definitely finicky and some bugs probably do still exist. It’s just that they’re mostly easily avoidable.

some of us wanted to get the no die achievement. The glider thing always end up killing me everything.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Seriously who designed this encounter? It’s the worst end boss design I’ve EVER SEEN.

Looks like you already forgot the Zhaitan “battle”.

I didn’t, regardless how easy that was, you could get it done.

After they made it scale from solo to with a full party there is a section where it can stall and then you can’t get it done. I guess they fixed getting it done. :P

Posted by: Kraviec.5264

Kraviec.5264

Oh my god, I’ve tried it 5 times already and I’m giving up for now. I have kitten ed three of these but once I was mislead by the commander’s “Shield up or take to the sky!” and I tried to hide in Braham’s bubble. I mean what the kitten, the game tells you to take cover OR glide and you have to choose gliding or you’re dead and have fun bringing that HP bar down and killing all those illusions again while being interrupted by this electric floor attack that’s always directed at you despite there being many different targets.
After that, I was hit by the stone twice. Okay, my bad.
At that point I was really kittened and in maximum effort mode. Guess what happens next. THE GLIDER WON’T DEPLOY IN THE LAST GLIDER SEQUENCE! Get rekt, kthxbye