Why won't glider deploy in Hearts & Minds?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Electra.7530

Electra.7530

Why will the gliders not freaking deploy reliably in Hearts & Minds? Is it designed for challenge purposes to make the last chapter so hard? Is it meant to be like that to marginalize the team? Is it a bug? Here I am sitting in the “penalty box” unable to revive and go help my team.

I have not been able to successfully complete this chapter because I can’t get my glider to open.

Thanks. Really appreciate it. End of rant.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Don’t jump into the updrafts, just walk and it should bounce you into the air and you can then deploy your glider.

That said, the updrafts don’t always work.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The spout that spawns near where the NPCs huddle up seems reliable and it is easy to locate.

Posted by: Skyric.9246

Skyric.9246

Here’s my best piece of advice. As weird as it sounds, the key to handling that part of the fight is to remember that what you see are not updrafts in the traditional sense, think of them more like air spouts. When you get to the flying stage of the fight, head to the northeast corner of the room near the speed boost mushroom in that area. There will be a spout right near it. When it appears, walk into it, fall a little, then hit the spacebar and deploy your glider. Falling a little before you deploy the glider will allow you to gain enough height to land on a vine branch that is in the northern area. Just stay there and don’t bother gliding around and you will be safe.

If you’re concerned about getting the flights of fancy achievement, on the branch, there’s a little dip to the left that’s like a little ledge/branch of its own as you’re facing Mordremoth. Get onto that, and pan your camera up, so the big branch is between you and Mordremoth. You won’t get hit by any of his rocks.

Just remember not to jump and try to glide…walk into the spout, that will propel you up, then hit the glider.

Posted by: Electra.7530

Electra.7530

Thank you all. I have finished the instance now twice on 2 of my characters. The problem with the glider was my bungling. Once I got advice and took it, it worked every time for me now.

Thank you all again.

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Thank you all. I have finished the instance now twice on 2 of my characters. The problem with the glider was my bungling. Once I got advice and took it, it worked every time for me now.

Thank you all again.

I’m just gonna say it again: the mechanic for the glider part of this is absolutely one hundred percent the opposite of what every previous map in HoT trained you to expect.

It’s technically your fault, but … like that door that people always try and pull open, despite having to push, it’s a problem with the thing tricking you into thinking you should approach it the wrong way.