Will Heart of Thorns ever go on sale?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: bladezero.9470

bladezero.9470

I bought Guild Wars 2 for $15 on sale last year and it was definitely worth it. After a year of playing, I would even value the content of the original game at $20, but not a penny more.

Don’t get my wrong. I am happy to pay up to $100 for games that have engaging story, excellent combat, and compelling goals and rewards for the long term, but Guild Wars 2 just isn’t a game that offers all those things to a high enough standard to justify a premium price.

Enter Heart of Thorns. I think I might like to play some of the content. Also, being a PvP player, I’d definitely like to try some of the elite specs, but as a consumer, I just don’t see $50 of value. Having followed a number of forums, videos and hearing feedback from players, again, I’d only pay $10-$20.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Presumably.

But ANet’s not going to answer you, and the players don’t know if, when or how much. You’ll just have to keep an eye out on the gemstore or other sites.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

ofcourse it will wait around 1-1½ years and you will get it for cheap or even better wait for next expansion and it will be bundled so 2 expansions for 1 deal.

Edit
I cant however say if you will be able to play the meta events by then however since the bulk of the veterans will be bored of that content and eager to jump into next expansion

(edited by Linken.6345)

Posted by: mcwurth.2081

mcwurth.2081

lmfao its released a month ago, have some patience

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Don’t expect to ever see a sub $20 sale again. Officially, HoT likely won’t go on sale for a year or more. They’ll likely repackage it to keep the price high, just like how they released the heroic edition originally. By the time it is on sale however, you would have missed the opportunity to unlock the living story for free. If you factor in the cost of unlocking the episodes, you’re back up to the original price. Wait another year and the next expansion would likely be announced and HoT will be free.

From other retailers however, the game will go on sale whenever they want. I’ve seen it as low as $34 back during the pre-purchase period.

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

I predict HoT will go on sale within 6 months.
By the looks of it the game has been terribly received, veteran players are quitting the game by the minute. The game offers no longevity due to the multiplayer requirement nature of HoT. People on many servers are allready complaining that maps are empty. The game is bleeding to death. Anets blatant advertisement highlighting the option to trade gems for gold, tells me that players have turned their backs to the cash shop and that sales have plummeted. It’s another desperate move to make as much money as possible before all is lost. They have no choice but to offer the game on sale sooner then you might expect. I’m a veteran player. Been with the game since GW1, which I loved. I supported the cash shop up until their refusal to refund the now useless continue coin, and haven’t spent a penny in the shop ever since. I won’t buy HoT unless it’s heavily discounted. The greedy monster that Anet has become deserves no better.

(edited by OmniPotentes.4817)

Posted by: bladezero.9470

bladezero.9470

Maybe they should release an elite spec unlock. I don’t think I’ll be very interested in PvE content to be honest.

I would pay $10 to just get the elite specs in PvP.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Have a look online its 10-15£ cheaper now, I got it just before launch and it was £10 cheaper to buy a physical cope from amazon than it was to buy it from ANet directly.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Sure it will, after Christmas, and sometime before GW3.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: Scurrilous.7283

Scurrilous.7283

Maybe once its been out for like 6 months +, don’t expect a sale anytime soon though.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

It definitely will. Just give it some time.

I mean, look at the core game. It used to cost money, now it doesn’t.

HoT will eventually be the same way.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Well it will be free to buyers of the next expansion …

Posted by: Coyote.7031

Coyote.7031

It is on sale at some of the official resellers. DLGamer has it for 38 bucks right now.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/retailers/#UnitedStates-digital