Will HoT include LS2?

Will HoT include LS2?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Carlin Sanders.3587

Carlin Sanders.3587

Q:

I have a friend who is somewhat interested in GW2 since the announcement of the expansion got his attention. I talked to him a bit and he asked if the Living Story leading to PoNR will be included (unlocked) as part of the expansion. will it be a part or will he have to pay separately for Season 2?

Will HoT include LS2?

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

Probably not.

I do however somewhat expect Anet to give you an option to buy all of season 2 in one go for a price that is lower than what you would pay if you bought each chapter seperately.

Will HoT include LS2?

Posted by: MrWubzy.3587

MrWubzy.3587

Probably not.

I do however somewhat expect Anet to give you an option to buy all of season 2 in one go for a price that is lower than what you would pay if you bought each chapter seperately.

I would definitely buy it if they released it as a bundle.

OP: I don’t think so, as Diovid said. They’re probably making a decent amount on the gem store with those who missed the releases already, so they’re not about to stop it now by including it. But, who knows, they may surprise us.

| Biyx [Guardian] ; Aika Vonelli [Ranger] |
| Proud roleplayer! |
| Biyx’s All-For-Nothing Challenge |

Will HoT include LS2?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I think it would be nice of them to include it, though I foresee some negative reaction from those who bought gems to unlock it and then have to pay the same price as others for HoT. Even though I doubt HoT’s price would be in any way altered by bundling in LS2, and even though these people got the advantage of playing the LS sooner and unlocking Lumi sooner, they’ll still consider it “unfair.”

Will HoT include LS2?

Posted by: unknowable.8470

unknowable.8470

I think it would be nice of them to include it, though I foresee some negative reaction from those who bought gems to unlock it and then have to pay the same price as others for HoT. Even though I doubt HoT’s price would be in any way altered by bundling in LS2, and even though these people got the advantage of playing the LS sooner and unlocking Lumi sooner, they’ll still consider it “unfair.”

Not me, I would happy with more people having access to LS season 2, I think it would be a misstep for arenanet to release the expansion and not make it extremely clear to people that they need LS season 2 to know what is going on in the HoT storyline.

Will HoT include LS2?

Posted by: darkm.4839

darkm.4839

I’d like to have it included, BUT I don’t want it to be the bulk of the expansion… I think my frustration in that instance would speak for itself.

Will HoT include LS2?

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

Anyway, you know the unlocking only affects story missions and the belonging achievements? If he just wants to get in touch with the story, he can still party up with you and enjoy it without unlocking it.
The only thing he would probably miss is the luminiscent armor collections.

Will HoT include LS2?

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Anyway, you know the unlocking only affects story missions and the belonging achievements? If he just wants to get in touch with the story, he can still party up with you and enjoy it without unlocking it.
The only thing he would probably miss is the luminiscent armor collections.

why would he miss that cant he get all the parts from silverwaste rng?

Will HoT include LS2?

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

The carapax parts, yeah, but you need ascended pieces from the story achievement metas for the collections, too.

Will HoT include LS2?

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

easy fix ppl, have a special edition that gives you some nice in-game stuff and all S2LS chapters.

Will HoT include LS2?

Posted by: KryTiKaL.3125

KryTiKaL.3125

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=CIiqCW4WrFo#t=351

From that point on until a different question arises gives a pretty clear view that Living Story will likely make a return. It will very much be a sort of bridge between the large releases (possibly more expansions). Essentially becoming the in between live release content that furthers the story without having to go uber-mode like WoW or other MMORPGs have when they want to advance their “story”.

Will HoT include LS2?

Donari.5237

easy fix ppl, have a special edition that gives you some nice in-game stuff and all S2LS chapters.

But that sounds like it would cost more. The whole idea is to help out people that want to buy the expansion, not the expansion + LS2. They could buy LS2 right now if they could afford that.

Will HoT include LS2?

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

LS2 is already available. I think OP meant LS1?

Will HoT include LS2?

Donari.5237

Nope, OP meant LS2, he wants to know if his friend must pay separately for it.

Will HoT include LS2?

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

But that sounds like it would cost more. The whole idea is to help out people that want to buy the expansion, not the expansion + LS2. They could buy LS2 right now if they could afford that.

if they get the expansion + LS2 cheaper then what it costs to buy the LS chapters on it’s own then it will actually attract players that way, you still pay more then the basic price of the expansion but it’s cheaper for total new players.