Will conditions finally be fixed in PvE?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Evermore.5649

Evermore.5649

As it is right now (and has been since release) condition specs in PvE are useless for anything other than soloing. I can stack 20+ bleeds on my condition Necro alone, so the 25 hard limit is kind of a joke really.

I’m really hoping for a fix in HoT, it’s been way too long.

It’s not a balance issue, and I don’t believe it’s a technical issue either unless GW2 servers are powered by hamster wheels.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Hopefully they’ve managed to fix this for the expansion… I can’t see them making revenant have a legend devoted just to conditions if they are still completely useless in PvE like they have been.

There have been tons of suggestions on these forums about fixes, and almost 3 years to work out any technical problems… I can’t see what could possibly be holding them back.

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I think it’s like in other games where some specs are better for pvp.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: Tron.3471

Tron.3471

Of course some specs are better depending on what game mode you are playing. That shouldn’t mean that conditions are limited to PVP use. This just limits how people play and is a poor design choice. It will be absolutely absurd if nothing is done to fix conditions in PVE.

emikochan.8504

Of course some specs are better depending on what game mode you are playing. That shouldn’t mean that conditions are limited to PVP use. This just limits how people play and is a poor design choice. It will be absolutely absurd if nothing is done to fix conditions in PVE.

Tbh more fights with multiple enemies will make conditions stronger, it’s harder to spread power damage around (if the enemies can’t be stacked, easily done with enemies like the lovers in AC and the multiple armoured husks around bases in silverwastes)

I don’t think the mechanics have any issue, it’s again coming down to the fight designs.

(edited by emikochan.8504)

Posted by: Tron.3471

Tron.3471

Tbh more fights with multiple enemies will make conditions stronger, it’s harder to spread power damage around (if the enemies can’t be stacked, easily done with enemies like the lovers in AC)

I don’t think the mechanics have any issue, it’s again coming down to the fight designs.

The mechanics do have issues. A low condi user overwrites a high condi users conditions, completely negating their damage output.

Posted by: Lian Olsam.9541

Lian Olsam.9541

I hope it so much..

Posted by: Lian Olsam.9541

Lian Olsam.9541

1 command line
if you have more than X condi dmg you will apply bleed, poison, torment etc etc

So zerk will doesent spamm condi ruin your dmg

emikochan.8504

The mechanics do have issues. A low condi user overwrites a high condi users conditions, completely negating their damage output.

Oh, yes that’s a problem, I thought it overwrote weaker condis with stronger ones.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Oh, yes that’s a problem, I thought it overwrote weaker condis with stronger ones.

Unfortunately it works in a first in first out way instead. If a necro with 2000 condition damage applies 20 stacks of bleed then a warrior with 0 condition damage applies 10 stacks of bleed, 5 of the necros stacks will be removed and replaced with the warriors.

As you can see, it is a problem even with 2 players… it becomes a nightmare in groups of 5 (dungeons/fractals) and 100x worse than that in open world content…

Plus there is the other problem that condition dps is inherently lower than direct dps. I’m not really sure why this is the case in PvE. In PvP it is because even if you escape you are still taking damage unless you can cleanse it (not really a valid argument imo, but that’s the reason apparently). However in PvE they are kitten with dps, and have a slow build up, making them fairly useless since most fights are short.

There is the other issue with gear scaling too. Direct damage scales with 4 different stats, so upgrading from full zerker exotic to full zerker ascended gives a nice 20% dmg increase. However conditions with their cap really only scale with 1 stat, meaning you only get a 5% dmg increase for the same gear upgrade.

So yeah… conditions need work… but so far they have gotten nothing.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

The company line is that doing more that 25 in a stack is a problem with bandwidth.

I offer this potentially simple fix, though.
Have three icon sets for conditions. The first set of icons is for duration stacking conditions, since these don’t matter in this context. The second set is an indication that any other person besides you has placed a particular intensity stacking condition on the mob. That should be fairly simple to track and display without inhibiting your systems too much. The last set of icons is specifically for your stacks of intensity conditions.

This would mean that you would be able to identify what types of conditions currently exist on the mob, without having to know how many of each stack there are, and also be able to see how well you’re doing on your conditions and also also gain full value for your conditions.

This, of course, does mean that the system has to be able to keep track of every condition from every player placing a condition on a mob and all the variables associated with each one for each mob. Honestly, though, it should be able to do this anyway. If it can’t then it should have been upgraded to begin with.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

Nope.

Berseker (or rather, everything else other than berseker) won’t be fixed, either.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

1 command line

On my engi even with 0 condi damage going full power based build, 25% of my damage (or there abouts) is condi… so no, this is a terrible idea unless they feel like reworking the profession all together.

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

To be fair, Anet would probably announce it in some sort of blog post because removing the cap and “fixing” conditions would be a very big deal. My necro and engi would see far more playtime if it were removed.

Posted by: Thorgal.1296

Thorgal.1296

IIRC during open beta testing, they removed the condition cap once ,

the map crashed within seconds.

Posted by: Ayleid.9416

Ayleid.9416

1 command line

On my engi even with 0 condi damage going full power based build, 25% of my damage (or there abouts) is condi… so no, this is a terrible idea unless they feel like reworking the profession all together.

They have to rework how condition and boon work, so if you build to do condition, you do apply condition, if you build to do support, you can apply boon, and oslam’s solution if one of the easiest….if you are set for power…you do direct damage…not cond.

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

To be fair, Anet would probably announce it in some sort of blog post because removing the cap and “fixing” conditions would be a very big deal. My necro and engi would see far more playtime if it were removed.

Thinking the same way as well, this reminds of that guy at pax saying he doesn’t want pve that sucks. If the pve combat part doesn’t improve they can fall back on the rest of it, hope taunt is not their excuse and way of diversity because slow can turn boring into torture. Give us reasons to use and time them ,punish those who don’t uncontrollable damage equals uncontrollable balance might as well wear a sign saying :“We can’t control what we made and are fine with it”.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

1 command line

They have to rework how condition and boon work, so if you build to do condition, you do apply condition, if you build to do support, you can apply boon, and oslam’s solution if one of the easiest….if you are set for power…you do direct damage…not cond.

They focus too much on pvp/amulets. It should have been 0 healing you can’t heal and regen is useless on you, 0 condi damage your condition do no damage. Even crit chance/damage are bad stats they rely on a chance like system chance system = chance balance. I would prefer they introduced movement and attack speed as stats but really any mmo that has crit chance/damage can never be balanced but probably only olds ones don’t.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

It’s not a balance issue, and I don’t believe it’s a technical issue either unless GW2 servers are powered by hamster wheels.

It’s possibly slightly a technical issue. Information has to communicated from the server to all players. In massive zergs with unlimited condition stacking, stacks could reach insane numbers. That could increase traffic and cause lag.

Though I think it’s probably more a practical gameplay issue. Given the way most conditions stack, in a typical zerg mobs would probably die with potentially 90% of the conditions on them completely wasted.

I agree with you though in calling it broken. GW2 is all about the zerk, the whole zerk and nothing but the zerk. Yet there are professions, weapons, traits etc. which focus on conditions.

Maybe mesmers or their potential chronomancer spec could get an ability which speeds up conditions (or in the case of eg. confusion magnifies its impact) on a target.

Posted by: Evermore.5649

Evermore.5649

I’d still like to know the answer to this… although I’m 99.9% sure condition specs will remain just as broken as they are now. :/

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

With ANet, the answer is always “no” unless/until they’ve said anything about it, i.e. if it’s not being talked about now, it’s not happening in the expansion.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

With ANet, the answer is always “no” unless/until they’ve said anything about it, i.e. if it’s not being talked about now, it’s not happening in the expansion.

But Anet has not said no. Instead, they have gone on record and said that they do not want to invalidate ‘zekers’ but they do want to promote diversity in builds, mostly through the design of creatures. And there are places where you already see that with Husks and what not. To what extent this will actually play out however is a different matter.

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

…I don’t believe it’s a technical issue either unless GW2 servers are powered by hamster wheels.

Whether you believe or not doesn’t matter. We aren’t talking religion here.

They’ve said it’s a hardware/technical limitation. I see no reason to lie about it. Even they are, what of it? Doesn’t matter. Direct damage > Condi damage Why? PVE is DPS race and condis are all about damage over time, not all the damage up front like direct damage.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

(edited by thefantasticg.3984)