Will there be a Mac version?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: WolftheAngel.4089

WolftheAngel.4089

I currently play Guild Wars 2 on my MacBook Pro. Even though I downloaded the Mac version of the game I own the Collectors Edition with the statue and everything included. I plan on doing the same thing when HoT comes out. I was wondering if there will be a downloadable Mac version of HoT that will be released when the expansion is released. When Guild Wars 2 first came out I played it using Parallels. Since the Mac version came out there has been no need for me to upgrade Parallels and the graphics are much nicer. I really liked the fact that you came out with a Mac version of the game so my brother and I could play! I would prefer not to have to upgrade my Parallels again because my only reason for Parallels would be the expansion. Will there be a Mac downloadable version of HoT when it comes out? =P

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

I really, really hope they thought of that! But I would expect them to have a Mac version ready: all the DC runs smoothly on Mac, so why should HoT be an exception? I’d like a dev’s confirmation though.

Posted by: JamesKBarley.6087

JamesKBarley.6087

Mac user too, and I think the expansion will run as smoothly too.
Just hope there’s not gonna be any delay… let’s wait for confirmation.

Posted by: SorionHex.1327

SorionHex.1327

I think you’re slightly mistaken. I don’t think you’ll be getting another additional application, but rather the game files will be added directly to both PC and Mac versions regardless if you have the expansion or not. There will probably be a lock on the DLC material that will prohibit you from using it without having owned the DLC or unlocking it with a Serial key. That’s just my opinion. It would be like any other update except it would obviously take a while longer to load.

Posted by: WolftheAngel.4089

WolftheAngel.4089

I think you’re slightly mistaken. I don’t think you’ll be getting another additional application, but rather the game files will be added directly to both PC and Mac versions regardless if you have the expansion or not. There will probably be a lock on the DLC material that will prohibit you from using it without having owned the DLC or unlocking it with a Serial key. That’s just my opinion. It would be like any other update except it would obviously take a while longer to load.

That does make sense. My other guess is that it will be an additional game file that we can download once we buy the expansion.