Will we be allow to create a new account....

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Giland.4507

Giland.4507

Q:

So I know that you are not getting a free account if you add this to your existing account. However will we be allowed to create a new account using said expansion? If so can we play one account then switch to the other without penalty? Obviously not at the same time but just one after the other using the same computer and IP. Also can we transfer content from one account to another without penalty?

I personally would rather get a character slot and bank tab but if that does not come to pass it doesn’t seem right that I throw away the extra free slots for creating a new account if I can.

Thanks

“In the end, we are all just killers and we couldn’t be bothered to care.”

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

A:

ToS only forbids the sharing or passing on of accounts, not the ownership of multiple accounts.

Scroll down a bit and you’ll see the official response.

Gaile Gray.6028:

Hi again. Yes, you certainly may have a second account. You will need to use a separate email address — it is not possible to have two GW2 accounts with the same log-in. I’d remind you that for security reasons, it’s best to use an email address that is used only for Guild Wars 2, but of course that option is up to you.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Purchase-and-play-multiple-accounts

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

You can get a new account WITH the expansion, but your current account would not have HoT.

Posted by: Giland.4507

Giland.4507

True but most MMOs have rules pertaining to the use of multiple accounts on a single computer especially if you are moving content between the accounts. So I wanted to see if we could get some clarification on this.

“In the end, we are all just killers and we couldn’t be bothered to care.”

Posted by: Peshyy.4196

Peshyy.4196

True but most MMOs have rules pertaining to the use of multiple accounts on a single computer especially if you are moving content between the accounts. So I wanted to see if we could get some clarification on this.

Many players play GW2 on multiple accounts, myself included. The thing about this HoT pre-purchase is that you either apply the key to your existing account and get HoT + all the bonuses OR you create a new account that gets HoT access and all the bonuses. You can’t apply HoT to your main account and make a new account separately. Hope that clarifies everything