Will we finally get build templates with HoT?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: NeroBoron.7285

NeroBoron.7285

Q:

Will we finally get build templates?

Currently this is still needed and not fixed by splitting builds into wvw/pvp/pve!

We have to swap to different wvw builds for different roles and situations like roaming/zerging or supporting/damage dealer.
Also for different pvp maps like skyhammer, spirit watch or courtyard for example would require it. Also in pve many people run differnt builds for dungeons/fractals/open world.
Or we maybe just want to swap quickly from a direct damage build to a condition damage build.

I already wondered why this didn’t got implemented/shipped with the specialization introduction

If I remember correctly there was a statement that we will recive a build template system one day. But till now there was no HoT related anouncement related to something like that
So will we finally get a template system in near future? Like with HoT? Or shortly after? Or do we still have to wait 3 more years? :S

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

They have explicitly stated that templates will not be coming with HoT.

However they have also explicitly stated that they know how much people want them and that they’re looking into it.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

ABout a year and a half ago they fielded the idea back at the community to see why people wanted them and what be included in them

The matter has been silent until this week when Crystal said it is something they’d like to do what with raids forthcoming.

One can infer this is not on the immediate cards, but is something that you be more confident is going to be implemented. Perhaps in a feature patch next year.

Personally I believe it should have been in the game by now or launched with the raids. If the idea is to encourage more builds and swapping skills/traits around, that fundamentally requires a template UI to support it. Otherwise it’ll become an unintuitive process, especially with requiring to bring along different armour and weapon sets.

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

Am i crazy? I was really sure build templates had already been announced and talked about and stuff…

Diovid.9506

Am i crazy? I was really sure build templates had already been announced and talked about and stuff…

I won’t speculate on your mental state but they definetely have not announced build templates.

Posted by: NeroBoron.7285

NeroBoron.7285

ABout a year and a half ago they fielded the idea back at the community to see why people wanted them and what be included in them

The matter has been silent until this week when Crystal said it is something they’d like to do what with raids forthcoming.

The information from about a year and a half ago (wasnt that Mord like 9 month ago? Doesnt matter anyway) was also my last. But it was like we take a look into that and then you will get it one day with a bigger update. So I first expected it with all those specialization changes since they reworked the traits to specialization. Maybe only on the ui and the back end was nearly untouched.

At least I thought okay maybe this is something for the hot release then with elite specs. But BWE3 starts tomorrow and it’s still not introduced.

Maybe they also thought splitting into wvw/PvP/pve is enough.
But it just makes it worse. Some builds are viewable in all game types and you have to make that changes 3 times.
Also with elite specs there will be problems: For example if you equip the elite spec in pve and the new class weapon and then travel to heart of the mists where youvran a build without that spec your weapon gets removed from the weapon slot. So if you go back again to pve you have to equip it again.

Yes there are some situations where the split is helpful.

I also know people who have classes multiple times just to swap builds quickly in PvP.

Anyway a official statement on this topic would be great.

Posted by: symke.3105

symke.3105

Considering that build management tool is going to become really “needed” after HOT launches, it’s my opinion we will have to wait for outcry that will follow it. And even then I wouldn’t be surprised if they offered it only on gem shop.

Posted by: Daralii.8940

Daralii.8940

Considering that build management tool is going to become really “needed” after HOT launches, it’s my opinion we will have to wait for outcry that will follow it. And even then I wouldn’t be surprised if they offered it only on gem shop.

I imagine we’ll have one or two additional templates available by default, and more can be bought for like 700 gems, like bag and bank slots.

Anyway, it’s a feature that’s been requested since vanilla beta. If it hasn’t been added in 3 years, I doubt it’ll be added any time soon.

Diovid.9506

Until now we haven’t seen features on the gem store, I think it is unlikely that that will suddenly start.

Posted by: symke.3105

symke.3105

Until now we haven’t seen features on the gem store, I think it is unlikely that that will suddenly start.

I agree, but the question is how they will see such a tool. To me, it’s similar as salvage-o-matic. You don’t need it as you can buy basic salvage kits and use those. But the “improved” version of that same basic kit is on gem store.
They could use the same “logic” for changing builds. You already can do it manually, so you don’t really need any special tools for it.

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

Will we finally get build templates?

Currently this is still needed and not fixed by splitting builds into wvw/pvp/pve!
there was no HoT related anouncement related to something like that
So will we finally get a template system in near future? Like with HoT? Or shortly after? Or do we still have to wait 3 more years? :S