Will we see the other Pale Tree?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Kingkiller.9645

Kingkiller.9645

I’m a student, so I can’t play too often, so I’m not looking for major spoilers.

I’m just here to ask, will we see another Pale Tree, like the one Malyk came from? Or other Sylvari maybe? Or is there more content beyond what they’ve released that has to do with Mordremoth (aka: do we fight Mordremoth in this expansion, if I were to play non-stop could I fight him or do I need to wait for them to release more of the storyline)?

I’m not a hero. Heroes are not meant to survive, and I’ve lived far too long for that.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I haven’t reached the end of the expansion but <spoilers> from what I read it appears you do get to fight Mordremoth in this expansion.

Posted by: TuhtleSoup.5064

TuhtleSoup.5064

You can fight and kill Mordremoth in this expansion. It’s actually rather quite easy and quick if you were to no life it for a full day or maybe two. So far through my story there is no mention of the second Pale Tree from where Malyck is supposedly from but there is another secret city that we learn about.

Kingkiller.9645

You can fight and kill Mordremoth in this expansion. It’s actually rather quite easy and quick if you were to no life it for a full day or maybe two. So far through my story there is no mention of the second Pale Tree from where Malyck is supposedly from but there is another secret city that we learn about.

Like, the gold city or yet another one?

And yeah, I figured if you did nothing but the storyline it would be rather quick. That’s part of the reason I’m mastery level 1…. What about the Mordremoth fight itself? Is it another Zhaitan?

I’m not a hero. Heroes are not meant to survive, and I’ve lived far too long for that.

Kingkiller.9645

What about, like, other Sylvari? If we don’t see another Pale Tree, do we see Sylvari FROM another Pale Tree, or maybe Sylvari who truly are Mordremoth’s minions? I’d imagine we see some of ours (though I’ve played through the first map’s storyline and nothing big so far….) that have been turned, but what about some that Mordremoth grew on his own? The Royal Guard… Mordrem Guard…? I think they’re called? They’re much more intelligent and organized, so wouldn’t Sylvari come in at some point too?

Posted by: Cin.9386

Cin.9386

But you know that whese Mordrem Guards are Sylvari which were change by Mordremoth? They are our friends from Pact and maybe also these Sylvari from another Tree.

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

I don’t think there are any other “pale trees” in existent; at least not in the way of the pale tree that we know. The pale tree, as in her mind and her soul, is the way she is because of ventari’s teachings. Malick is a soundless, thus it’s very possibl that his mother tree has no mind of her own. Just a tree that spawns sylvari. HoT doesn’t address the gap in this story but if you can see, only the sylvari with strong adherence to the teachings of ventari and the pale tree for that matter, are the ones that can resist mordremoth. Honestly, loregically speaking, all soundless sylvari should have been under mordermoth’s influence by the time of the story since the soundless are pretty much the true form of sylvari; walking soldiers with their minds waiting to be uplinked to mordermoth. Ventari’s teachings are, in essence, the corruption to the salvari.

(edited by DavyMcB.1603)