vote now, sorry)

Will you pre-order the next expansion? [Poll]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

How do you vote?

vote now, sorry)

Fixed.

I thought maybe it was my iPad hating your poll. (I’ve found out there’s a number of things iPads don’t like in the world of computers).

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

Voted yes because I’m a guild leader and I have to keep up with the game. I also will probably get hundreds to thousands of hours of play from the expansion’s content and features unless it’s complete poo. HoT might not be the amazing expansion I was hoping for, but after all the time I spent raiding and using the Rev class and elite specs, I can’t say the $50 was a waste of money.

That said, I really hope the next expansion is much better than this one. A lot of problems have soured the experience for many and the only reason my guild is still playing is because there isn’t another MMO that we’re willing to jump to right now.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Silly time to poll people after a major announcement when people are still angry. Some people will stay angry and some people won’t. So yeah….not really the time to post this sort of thing. I’d have waited at least a couple of weeks.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

You don’t need the 3rd option. You are going to pre order or you are not. The 3rd option is actually another way of saying you are not going to pre order.

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

Silly time to poll people after a major announcement when people are still angry. Some people will stay angry and some people won’t. So yeah….not really the time to post this sort of thing. I’d have waited at least a couple of weeks.

But you know why that’s why they didn’t wait. They want the “Oh I am angry” people to vote asap to get those negative numbers even if in the next week those same people stop being angry when they actually think about what it means – more concentration on more events and stuff to do in game, more areas to open up.

My vote will be when I pre-purchase the next expansion, which I will do. I am having why too much fun playing every day to want to stop.

Posted by: Testudo.4620

Testudo.4620

I voted yes because i’m still very active in raiding and in pvp and i need to keep up with elite specs, and because I’ve played Guild Wars since I was in middle school (I’m in college now) and I desperately need to know where the story goes.

Zhaife
Graduated top of class esports academy
#1 on fractal leaderboards

Posted by: Dashingsteel.3410

Dashingsteel.3410

Yeah, this will be a horribly skewed poll…..

Anet, I want the game to flourish but you need to deliver on the HoT features you hyped. There is no embarrassment in changing your mind and saying that after further consideration we will deliver the legendaries as promised in regular intervals……

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

I will always want more, but I’ve been impressed with the quality of content in HoT. I’ve already spent enough time enjoying HoT to justify the purchase, in my mind. Absolutely I will preorder the next expansion!

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

My response is the same as the last time this topic came up.

No.

Anet has cured me of any inclination to prepurchase or preorder a game ever again. I learned my lesson.

That does not mean that I will not purchase future expansions however. I chose to skip HoT because it did not include anything of interest to me. If it had, and if future expansions do, I would have, and will, open my wallet.

In my opinion the days of being a fan who supports a company based on fandom are long past. Game companies, at least AAA ones, are big business now. We are numbers to them to a degree that was perhaps not the case before. If its just a business to them, and we just numbers, then we should be every bit as discrimiating as we are in other purchase decisions. I will not prepurchase an automobile just because I had good luck with the manufacturer in the past either.

Posted by: Gator.5729

Gator.5729

Yes, I will. I enjoy the game and as an adult I understand that problems happen and that some things must change to better the future. I already did the math, since HoT the price of the expansion has costed me roughly 0.33 cents a day. As the days go by that cost only gets lower. Most people easily waste that with nothing to show for it.

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

Such a ridiculous time to do this poll.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Will depend on if I feel the content I believe the expansion will have is worth the money they want for it. And then I’ll only pre-order if I think the bonus is worth not waiting to see if they actually deliver on it or not.

How things pan out with LS3 and the new legendaries and WvW and HoT map stability and population, will be factors on whether or not I feel the price is worth the content coming in the expansion.

I do not blindly pre-order anything.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Personally, I’d probably pre-purchase just to get in to beta. There’s no other chance to see the game as it was meant to be, before they caved. The original GW2 beta for example was like Dark Souls-lite where all special attacks were either dodge or die moments. Ignoring that however, it’d entirely depend on what was advertised. After HoT, and further revealed by the decision to cut legendaries, I’m guessing that ArenaNet will get back on track, back to their original goal of a living world. Focusing their advertising on the WoW audience was a bad move imo, which was only worsened by what happened next. After all, if I wanted to raid, I certainly wouldn’t be playing GW2.

In the meantime, there are simply no other MMOs like GW2, so as long as they stick true to their original design, I’ll blindly pre-purchase. Waiting on a designed-for-VR Skyrim-like game though.

Posted by: Liet Talen.7284

Liet Talen.7284

Since you didn’t have “Maybe”, I voted yes.

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Anets lack of transparency is very concerning. I voted no. I mainly wvw roam and am doing well with an old school pre-hot necro build I came up with that wins most of the time. No need for xpac for me personally.

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I never preorder anything anymore (lesson learnt), but I will buy it eventually (after release, I might wait for a discount, depends on reviews and stuff).

Posted by: Cael.3960

Cael.3960

If I’m going to pre-order, it’ll come at the last possible opportunity to do so and only if the pre-order incentives/preview/leaks fill me with a desire to play it on launch day.

It’s far too early to say “yes” or “no” on the subject. Until then, I’ll continue to enjoy HoT and the next season of the living world that comes with it.

Posted by: Maximillian Greil.1965

Maximillian Greil.1965

It all depends on the direction of the game. If they go back to dungeons, if they make some meaningful single player content, if they have some rewarding rewards to what’s done, if there’s something else to do in the game other than make legendaries, I’ll think about it.

Currently, if you don’t care about legendaries… there’s nothing to do in the game.

Posted by: Skynet.7201

Skynet.7201

I agree with what other people said. Of course it’s going to lean toward “no” at the moment because of the recent announcement.

I’m sick of seeing these polls.

We created the perfect infiltration machine.
Join 9K+ GW2 players: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GW2Gamers/
All are welcome!

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

No, I’ve already been fooled once, shame on anet. I won’t be fooled twice.

Posted by: Riss.1536

Riss.1536

This poll is pretty useless, most of people that read the forum are whiners/haters/QQers… So your poll will end with an absolute “No”

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

No, but only because no pre-order bonus was in any way interesting for me.
Not with with the original game, nor with the expansion. ^^

Posted by: Raziel.4216

Raziel.4216

This poll is pretty useless, most of people that read the forum are whiners/haters/QQers… So your poll will end with an absolute “No”

And someone will probably use it as a valid source in the next doomsayer topic.

If Legend of Zelda came out tomorrow, the usual
forum dwellers would go nuts about the need to
“grind” to get exp, new swords, new potions etc

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

There’s no way for me to answer this yet, since we know absolutely nothing about the next expansion. I’m not going to decide based on what I imagine Anet are going to do, even if I think it’s “obvious” they have to do certain things.

Instead I’m going to wait until we know what is included in the expansion, how much it costs and any other relevant details and then decide.

Boring I know but it’s worked well for me so far, with products in general, not just games.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

I have been told thy they plan on releasing an expansion this year, anyone herd anything about tis?

Posted by: Silmar Alech.4305

Silmar Alech.4305

There’s no way for me to answer this yet, since we know absolutely nothing about the next expansion.

I was able to answer, because a crucial question for me currently is: “is it like HoT?” This question cannot not be answered in the press before release, so I have to wait for the release to find out myself. A similar worded question may be answered as part of a marketing campaign of course, but I am quite sure marketing will not read and answer the question like I meant it.

For example, if Arenanet will say “less grind” as part of the answer, I will ask myself: “but how much less?” If they only cut 10% of it, it will still be too much to be acceptable for me, but they will never actually say how much in numbers they changed some aspects of the game. Such things can only be determined after release by playing the game. Even beta weekends cannot tell about this. How the game or expansion feels.

Posted by: Tapioca.9062

Tapioca.9062

Why would anybody pre-order at this point? Beyond that, why would you buy the next expansion on release instead of waiting five months to find out how much of the promised content will actually be delivered and how much will be indefinitely suspended?

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

There’s a new expansion coming? What announcement are we talking about?

Vayne.8563

Why would anybody pre-order at this point? Beyond that, why would you buy the next expansion on release instead of waiting five months to find out how much of the promised content will actually be delivered and how much will be indefinitely suspended?

Continuity of experience. Many of us play to play with our guilds and I can assure you most of our guild will buy the next expansion. So why should the guild be divided? It’s like saying I go out with friends every week and they’re going to a new restaurant I don’t know if I’ll like or not. Do I not go?

$50 is like a night out, and the new expansion might be cheaper. Is it worth it for me to go hang out with my friends for another year in game.

Sure it is.

Vayne.8563

There’s a new expansion coming? What announcement are we talking about?

During the Reddit AMA a lot of questions were answered including the breakdown of who is working on what in general turns. 70 people are working on the next expansion.

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

Aaaah, whoops! I suppose they didn’t say that HOT would ever enjoy the same sort of bonus material that vanilla did, and they didn’t state the legendaries would come in HOT or even that they would be exclusive to new expansions. Although I can see how that might irk folk still waiting for features announced during the development of HOT. I might buy the expansion after its release like I did HOT after I was reasonably sure I would get my money’s worth. With that said, just like with HOT where I got the cdkey on discount, I doubt I would pay the full price. In my opinion, an expansion should never cost as much as a full game.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I will not. My decision has nothing to do with the recent news on legendary weapons as I couldn’t care less about them. I pre-purchased within minutes of the expansion being announced and offered for sale (big mistake) and well before they added the character slot bonus. I wanted access to the weekend betas. In the betas I was like, “meh.. hope it gets better.” Then it went live and I spent about 20-30 hours in HoT. Enough to unlock gliding, my Mesmer elite specialization and poke around the maps and events. I hate the HoT maps, events and the insane mob density. It just isn’t fun to explore and I found the entire experience just aggravating. That’s just my opinion. I now only play in core maps. For the next expansion I’ll sit back and wait a month or so to see how it really turns out before I buy no matter what the pre-purchase bonuses are.

The Burninator

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

yep so long as pre order means beta access again i most certainly shall
otherwise meh ill probably buy on release day

disappointments aside i am overall happy with what i got from HoT

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

My response is the same as the last time this topic came up.

No.

Anet has cured me of any inclination to prepurchase or preorder a game ever again. I learned my lesson.

That does not mean that I will not purchase future expansions however. I chose to skip HoT because it did not include anything of interest to me. If it had, and if future expansions do, I would have, and will, open my wallet.

In my opinion the days of being a fan who supports a company based on fandom are long past. Game companies, at least AAA ones, are big business now. We are numbers to them to a degree that was perhaps not the case before. If its just a business to them, and we just numbers, then we should be every bit as discrimiating as we are in other purchase decisions. I will not prepurchase an automobile just because I had good luck with the manufacturer in the past either.

I don’t pre-purchase games period. But, certainly never again from ANet. I’ll wait 3-6 months and see how it pans out then decide.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

I will probably pre-order but not a guarantee. Depends on a lot on how much Anet can keep me interested in the game for the next year.

Posted by: Drlightningbolt.1754

Drlightningbolt.1754

I can safely say that I will not preorder another expansion for this game, the reason for this being the launch of this game was so unbeliveably dull that it only took me about a day to get through all the HoT content. I also compteted Revenant , herald, and the Base contant within a span of two days, and competing rev was before the nerf to the required amount needed to complete it. All of this leading up to the fact that I completed every useful mastery within the span of a few weeks after that, in hopes that the raid would be interesting or fun, especially since the testing for it was so buggy I could barely handle it let alone make a raid team for it. However when raids finally did roll around the rewards for it was horrid, I don’t know why I thought it would be good considering the rest of the game doesnt reward you unless you pay out to the gemstore. Which is my next issue is that there are more items that were released in the gemstore since launch then there was in game ‘rewards’ which is disgusting in of itself. Yes I undersand they need to make money, but come on they also get money for people buying the games, its hard for me to belive that they can continue to push out these items and not put anything of worth in the game thats not in the slightest RNG related. Which is my next issue, which is this games loot sytem is by far the least rewarding thing I have ever laid my eyes on christ on a stick, I’d have more luck winning the lottery then getting anything of worth from the rng. Yes I know it varies from person to person but thats not the point the point is no matter what I do its still luck based which means there is still a chance I will just not get rewarded. So when they say they are pulling something that they promised to the players for THIS expanison, and dont give me any bull that it wasn’t promised it was theres plenty of evidence of that. It’s just one of the MANY reasons why I wont be preordering or even buying another xpac for this game. Just my two cents

Posted by: Darren.2780

Darren.2780

i’ll buy after several months after release, depending on the content.
i pre-ordered HOT ultimate edition when the 1st day they can be pre-ordered (btw i have 3 accounts, only my main bought HOT till now), no hesitate , cause i love the way core game is, i can get my legendaries done through TP and a little effort doing dungeons and wvw everyday.
Anet creates an opportunity for not-skilled players like me can have the BiS gear in game, but it seems they’ve changed their direction in HOT. i’m not sure if they’ve decided to keep BiS gears for the most-skilled players, god i hope not….

Posted by: Lite Ning Strike.5203

Lite Ning Strike.5203

Timing is everything and to be honest I have no issue with OP’s timing. People are mad because of lack of Legendary’s (not me I’ll never invest the time for one) others because the same issues are still issues with game performances. (drops, glitching out doing stories, etc)

I (uh oh I’m about to get blistered) have no problem with letting Legendary’s take a back seat if they are going to fix the ongoing game issues.

Polls are a way for people to release their frustration (like your post about not getting a legendary or Ascended Armor can’t remember which one it was) and provides a little feedback to the developers.

Will they listen, only time will tell….. So I say go forward and make polls if it helps you cope!!!!! WooHoo lol

The First and Only Blaq Sheep

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Poll seems biased towards one side.

Keep in mind that in order for something to not count as a pre-order/pre-purchase, you’d have to purchase it after it goes live.

I’ll still pre-order on the basis that I said above but only once all information is available and will only take into consideration what will be available at release. Anything stated as happening after release I will consider as not happening when making my decision.

Posted by: RustyMech.9876

RustyMech.9876

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/27697743-Refunds
That should help guess what my answer is.

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

I’ll most likely preorder.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

No, absolutely not. After the complete farce that was HoT advertising, I’ll never trust Anet enough to pre-purchase anything again.

Vayne.8563

Timing is everything and to be honest I have no issue with OP’s timing. People are mad because of lack of Legendary’s (not me I’ll never invest the time for one) others because the same issues are still issues with game performances. (drops, glitching out doing stories, etc)

I (uh oh I’m about to get blistered) have no problem with letting Legendary’s take a back seat if they are going to fix the ongoing game issues.

Polls are a way for people to release their frustration (like your post about not getting a legendary or Ascended Armor can’t remember which one it was) and provides a little feedback to the developers.

Will they listen, only time will tell….. So I say go forward and make polls if it helps you cope!!!!! WooHoo lol

But the timing makes the poll useless if it gives a false positive.

Let’s say an election is 6 months out and someone takes a poll on who you would vote for, right after a specific scandal.

The poll will very likely not reflect the election results.

Some people will remain angry and some will cool down. So the poll’s results will be inaccurate. People mostly answer questions based on how they’re feeling when they answer a poll.

This poll has little value because if Anet said we have a new expansion for $1 and 12 maps, everyone would buy it.

Lite Ning Strike.5203

Let’s say an election is 6 months out and someone takes a poll on who you would vote for, right after a specific scandal.

Some people will remain angry and some will cool down. So the poll’s results will be inaccurate. People mostly answer questions based on how they’re feeling when they answer a poll.

This poll has little value because if Anet said we have a new expansion for $1 and 12 maps, everyone would buy it.

Again I have no issue with the Poll its like the media, break the news while the subject is hot (no pun intented) so do all the polls you want.

I also realized I didn’t answer the question and my answer is Yes I will in all probability buy the expansion. I have been a fan since GW1 and I still have faith in ArenaNet.

I see the “moving on” from the previous lead to be a positive, he did reach for the stars but often promised more than possible.

I just want the issues resolved then move on to the new shiny things. Mega Servers have been an issue since day 1 and no resolution. They just got pushed back into the limelight due to the new Meta Events but we have always had to try to group to get on active maps and that should never be the case.

Bugged content has gone on since the beginning in various areas to numerous to list (Dungeons, fractals, open world, everywhere).

So again Poll, poll away and maybe something will get things moving in the right direction.

Remember Vayne as the old saying goes, you need to strike while the iron is HoT….. (Pun intended this time)….

Vayne.8563

Again I have no issue with the Poll its like the media, break the news while the subject is hot (no pun intented) so do all the polls you want.

I also realized I didn’t answer the question and my answer is Yes I will in all probability buy the expansion. I have been a fan since GW1 and I still have faith in ArenaNet.

I see the “moving on” from the previous lead to be a positive, he did reach for the stars but often promised more than possible.

I just want the issues resolved then move on to the new shiny things. Mega Servers have been an issue since day 1 and no resolution. They just got pushed back into the limelight due to the new Meta Events but we have always had to try to group to get on active maps and that should never be the case.

Bugged content has gone on since the beginning in various areas to numerous to list (Dungeons, fractals, open world, everywhere).

So again Poll, poll away and maybe something will get things moving in the right direction.

Remember Vayne as the old saying goes, you need to strike while the iron is HoT….. (Pun intended this time)….

You certainly do need to strike while the iron is hot, assuming you’re trying to brand something. A poll like this is trying to make a point, not gather actual data. Hey while you guys are really mad, will you buy the next expansion. It’s just another way to say, look Anet, see how many people are mad.

As if Anet hasn’t noticed. lol

Lite Ning Strike.5203

You certainly do need to strike while the iron is hot, assuming you’re trying to brand something. A poll like this is trying to make a point, not gather actual data. Hey while you guys are really mad, will you buy the next expansion. It’s just another way to say, look Anet, see how many people are mad.

As if Anet hasn’t noticed. lol

I never said I was mad all I said was I had no issue with someone wanting to add a poll. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t make it any less relevant. Do I do polls, nope but that doesn’t mean someone else doesn’t have the right. I live in the US where we have freedom of speech, how about you?

Posted by: BloodyNine.7504

BloodyNine.7504

I don’t preorder any games. It is a terrible thing. The last game I pre-ordered was Ocarina of Time for N64. Only because if you didn’t you might not have gotten a copy. Supply is no longer an issue. If it is a game I REALLY want. I might get it the day it comes out. Otherwise I wait for a couple weeks or months to see if it is truly worth my money.