Will you pre-order the next expansion? [Poll]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Oregon.5673

Oregon.5673

I preordered the GW2, HoT, so yeah, I would do so for the next expansion.
The game is not perfect, but I have not been disappointed with it.
I got what I paid for, which is not software, not pixels animated on the screen, not all the gimmicky stuff, but fun. I paid for fun and I had a good time playing.
Granted, there were moments when I wanted to yell and scream, but those were few and far between.
So, again, yes, would pre-order again.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Not even if they paid me at this point.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

The question was, “will you preorder?” not, “will you purchase?” Even announcing 12 maps for a buck will not necessarily get someone who wants to make a point to buy before release.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

The question was, “will you preorder?” not, “will you purchase?” Even announcing 12 maps for a buck will not necessarily get someone who wants to make a point to buy before release.

If they ever offer 12 maps for a buck, you already know that those maps will be small, grindy crap, anyway, for that price, and no, I daresay a lot of people wouldn’t pre-purchase it.

Posted by: kluki.3915

kluki.3915

Well if they are gonna make a normal expansion yes, and by normal i mean expansion with things to do! , new dungeons AT LEAST 3-4, , new fractals , NEW PVP MAPS playing on the same maps over and over again is super boring , arena 2vs2 3vs3, GvG hello? more ways to earn gold in pvp just like in gw1 when u could sell zaishen keys for fair amount of gold , speaking of gw1 UW , FOW , why we cant get these in gw2, more armor sets and weapons, (not from gemstore), ofc this is my opinion u can disagree with this, but let me know what do u guys think .

Posted by: DaikonSamurai.6714

DaikonSamurai.6714

I only preorder/purchase if either my friends are all getting it or if it’s a sequel to a game I know I want to continue anyway. Even without legendaries I’m still enjoying what’s already in the game and consider the time and interactions I’ve had since worth the $100 I’ve spent. So yes, I’ll pre-purchase. Even so, I think it would be in Anet’s best interest to offer us compensation for whatever ends up getting cut out in this current redirection. If only so when those of my friends who quit come up to me and go “Seriously? You still play that?” I can go “FREE STUFF!” and they’d have no choice but to join!

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

Fool me once with 4 maps and the answer is now no and once I see what’s in it, who knows? For now I’m with Ubisoft’s Divison where we already know everything coming in for the next year as in 3 free DLC and 3more that we already paid for in the season pass. Now that’s what I call communication and not the marshall law of silence.
Reminds me of how Anet used to be dueing GW 1. See you guys at LS 3’s launch.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I hate the simple “yes” “no” options. I have no issue pre-purchasing depending on if I like what I see when they start feeding us information. So it’s really not a simple “yes” or “no” answer.

sigh

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Fool me once with 4 maps and the answer is now no and once I see what’s in it, who knows? For now I’m with Ubisoft’s Divison where we already know everything coming in for the next year as in 3 free DLC and 3more that we already paid for in the season pass. Now that’s what I call communication and not the marshall law of silence.
Reminds me of how Anet used to be dueing GW 1. See you guys at LS 3’s launch.

Division got bored to me.. i “cheated” (game flaws has they say, so did not get banned and could kept what i cheated) to much there at the beggining, almost everything was client sided on a online game, they have been changing that and adding more control, but before was a ubber joke.

I moved to BDO, the Guild warfare, is amazing guilds can even conquer cities declare war to others and fight on map…… there are even guilds dedicated for fishing and trade…

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Obviously depends on whats in it and what it costs.

Cantha would be a buy for me.

Posted by: Vix.6730

Vix.6730

Great moment for a poll. The white knights will discount it’s merit, but I assure you the results matter. I voted to wait and see. I learned my lesson never to pre-order another GW expansion. Anet is cursed with bad management which has left a stain in the franchise.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I’ll only preorder if there is something worth preordeing for. I.e. Not a title that I’ll never use, but another character slot would if not included after launch. And as long as I could get it at a price I thought was worth it.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: minbariguy.7504

minbariguy.7504

Absolutely not. But then, I didn’t pre-purchase HoT, either. In fact, I still haven’t purchased HoT, and I can’t see myself doing so any time soon.

I don’t pre-purchase games anymore, and if I was ever to break that rule, it certainly wouldn’t be to purchase an ANet game. I have absolutely zero trust in them.

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

If it includes new raids I will.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

It probably will. Just not at launch.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: TheTodd.9871

TheTodd.9871

If they say the maps are anything like HoT maps, then absolutely not.. worst design ever!!!

but if they aren’t giant mazes that sink me into a bad xanex habit then heck ya i will!!

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

No.

HoT story was awful ‘too hard’ content that made me sorry I ever looked forward to it. If this is the future of the game? Psssh… nope.gif

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Dante.1508

No.

HoT story was awful ‘too hard’ content that made me sorry I ever looked forward to it. If this is the future of the game? Psssh… nope.gif

Yes this bothers me as well, I’m noticing my server seems dead these days as well, keeps asking me to jump servers because no one is in them…

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

The last time I answered this question I said I would prepurchase unless my finances had completely tanked. That was before the legendary announcement. Even though I’m mostly done with HOPE, my first legendary ever, and would not necessarily have felt the urge to repeat such a project any time soon, the situation seems to have taken some of the fun out of play for me. And my primary RP buddy who bought HoT specifically for the legendaries hasn’t been around much either.

So now I will probably prepurchase because that’s the sort of thing I do, but not in the first 30 seconds it’s available like I did for HoT. I’m going to want to ascertain a lot more about what will actually be in the expansion and whether my friends will be playing before I commit any funds to it.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

No.

Yes this bothers me as well, I’m noticing my server seems dead these days as well, keeps asking me to jump servers because no one is in them…

That’s not your server, that’s you landing in an empty map. There is only one server for each region now, other than in WvW. But the problem there lies in a buggy implementation of the mega server map spawns; plenty of threads have commented on how it could work better to put people in fuller maps and not move them to maps that are soon going to close.

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

It probably will. Just not at launch.

I’d be OK with that. :P

Posted by: battledrone.8315

battledrone.8315

if they make at least 3 new casual zones with hearts, yes
anything else=uninstall
i will never finish HoT, i wont even try it anymore

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Nope. Won’t pre-order, won’t buy at release, either. I’ll wait and see what it is and what it isn’t, how much remains ‘not-ready-ware’, and whether it seems worth the asking price.

Pre-ordering is giving someone money for a promise they don’t have to keep.

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Trinnitty.8256

Trinnitty.8256

I will pre-order next expansion if its Cantha for sure. But its its some undisclosed part of Tyria again I don’t know. I still feel HoT deserves more content for its price. So i’m waiting to see how much more living story 3 has and extras.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Absolutely not.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Taltevus.3289

Taltevus.3289

After the bait and switch thing they pulled with Mesmer Never fn again.
I tried, I really did try to like Heart of Thorns but…I just can’t.

After seeing this is what were we’re working on Chronomancer and then the nerf it has…it was pretty intentional I don’t care what anyone says. Not for one second do I believe developers were that blind to the loop casting that Chrono could achieve.

I’m not upset just disappointed I tried playing again for about a month and deleted it all together (again). I am most definitely going to let other people run through a field of PR Bear traps before I look at purchasing HoT 2.0

70 people working on an expansion how about finishing this mess of one now?
Are they trying to stay current?

The wake of offenses that HoT’s caused is not really something you want to drag into the light chained to the ankles of the new expansion.

Could you imagine how scarce players would be if they didn’t go F2P?
Imagine…if you would what HoT would look like if only core players were involved?

I am so sure that ArenaNet can’t multi task…it’s like I already know just ALONE that some other project is going on that all the ones in between will be mediocre at best.
They really honestly would have been better at focusing their efforts instead of trying to spread themselves so thinly. It wouldn’t matter what they do now though…it’s going to majorly flawed one way or the other.

I think to be honest this entire game is perfect ode of what it really takes to make a great MMORPG. You can’t do that on a budget…you just can’t. The kind of quality people desire can’t be met by whatever Anet is currently doing. It shows. The voice acting, unfinished content, abandoned content, graphical limitations engine limitations….heck even the lack of needed information in game. If the same mistakes are going to be made what on earth would make me want to pre-order yesteryear’s leftovers?

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

No, I won’t pre-order any more games/xpacs, from now on.

The last couple of xpacs I have pre-ordered have been too disappointing, one way and another and I feel pre-ordering may encourage less than well thought-out (or even highly biased) decisions, on behalf of the developers.

Whereas, if you hold on to your money, until you know for sure they’re not planning on pushing your preferred features/style/level of gameplay under the bus, you retain more of the power.

…and at a time when games companies are (for whatever warped reason) continuing to attempt to appease the minority, over the majority, at every turn, maintaining your consumer power is very important.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

Posted by: Ichigo.3859

Ichigo.3859

After HoT Absolutely not.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Well I’ll move over as well.

Yes. Unless I’m not playing anymore then No.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

Poll needs an “I’ve already preordered!!” option.
For extra pre-order enthusiasm.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Poll needs an “I’ve already preordered!!” option.
For extra pre-order enthusiasm.

Oh, I didn’t realize we could already pre-order the second expansion. lol

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Pre-ordering games made sense when games were hard copy only. Now with digital media being the norm, pre-ordering is just cash grab nonsense that gamers have been conditioned to accept. Anet has totally soured a concept that I was already uneasy with. Either have the resources to make a game and present what you’re offering or kitten off. Stop asking me to give you money on promises that you can later make a dozen excuses for breaking.

Whispers with meat.

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Pre-order or pre-purchase? Cause in case of HoT the latter was the controvertial option. I didn’t do it in case of HoT (did not agree with it’s pricing vs amount of content, albeit maps are epic), won’t do it next time unless am given very solid reasons to believe it’s worth every penny on it’s own (not as “you got so much outta base + HoT already”).

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

I would, mainly because $50 isn’t much to spend for what we get, but i’m not impressed by this expansion.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

Posted by: Valdur.3607

Valdur.3607

Simply put, NO !

Posted by: Silverstone.4539

Silverstone.4539

wait, will it have 16 brand new legendry’s weapons!!

than NO! they sold me that dead rat once, I’m not falling for it a second time.

Dante.1508

No.

That’s not your server, that’s you landing in an empty map. There is only one server for each region now, other than in WvW. But the problem there lies in a buggy implementation of the mega server map spawns; plenty of threads have commented on how it could work better to put people in fuller maps and not move them to maps that are soon going to close.

Then its happening all the time, i keep getting pop ups say please change servers about 5 times in 3-4 hours.. daily.

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

Apparently they said before HoT release that they intend to sell the expansion before the most recent and all others previous under one single price tag, so when expac 2 is out free players will have access to HoT.

I have not seen them change this statement since HoT release.

And every time a meta event is on only about 1 map is successful because everyone crams onto most maps and if you don’t then you gotta wait until next meta.

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

I didn’ t buy hot.

I’ ll never buy a gw2 expansion.

Posted by: Zerthi.5493

Zerthi.5493

Pre-order is devil think… Ur less motiveted to do good job when someone actually pay u for undone work.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

No I will not pre-order the next expansion, I took a gamble on HoT because, although it seemed far too light on content for the price, I thought the story might be a decent length and I believed they might be able to deliver content at a decent rate after launch and they haven’t. Next time I’ll see what they actually ship before I buy.

Posted by: MrPhazon.1370

MrPhazon.1370

How can you do a poll about something that isn’t released yet so we have no idea what we are talking about ? lol.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

How can you do a poll about something that isn’t released yet so we have no idea what we are talking about ? lol.

By definition pre-ordering is buying something that isn’t released yet.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Not released and not informed are different things.
The poll needs an option like “I’ll preorder if I like the promoted content”.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Ashen.2907

Not released and not informed are different things.
The poll needs an option like “I’ll preorder if I like the promoted content”.

Anet has indicated that promoted content will not necessarily be included in expansions, so your option is not really applicable to being informed. Going forward any prepurchase or preorder is being made blind.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

The option is still necesary, even if Anet has compromised the trust from a large group of players with some of their actions, because not all people work on that black or white standard when making shopping choices.

I know quite a few people who would pre-purchase the next expansion if what is shown seems atractive enough, no matter the unfulfilled promises of the past.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: pandorasbox.6340

pandorasbox.6340

Same here. Guild leader. Gotta get the new stuff. I made it very clear that I don’t require my guild mates to buy anything when it comes to expansions. I have to tho.

Ashen.2907

The option is still necesary, even if Anet has compromised the trust from a large group of players with some of their actions, because not all people work on that black or white standard when making shopping choices.

I know quite a few people who would pre-purchase the next expansion if what is shown seems atractive enough, no matter the unfulfilled promises of the past.

I still don’t see how the option is relevant if the question is to determine who, “will,” preorder, not, “who might preorder under the right circumstances.”

I mean, I said no (not that I won’t buy it) to preordering the expansion, but nothing is an absolute. If they announced an expansion that covered Elona with Canth free as a preorder bonus, along with the ability for rangers to give up their pets in return for a personal DPS buff….yeah, I’d fork over a few hundred bucks, probably not more than a grand though, up front.

Now, we both know that my hypothetical is not going to happen, or at least is extremely unlikely, so I will not be preordering/prepurchasing. If what actually launches looks particularly good I will likely buy it and probably spend a bunch of money on gems at the same time.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I still don’t see how the option is relevant if the question is to determine who, “will,” preorder, not, “who might preorder under the right circumstances.”

I mean, I said no (not that I won’t buy it) to preordering the expansion, but nothing is an absolute. If they announced an expansion that covered Elona with Canth free as a preorder bonus, along with the ability for rangers to give up their pets in return for a personal DPS buff….yeah, I’d fork over a few hundred bucks, probably not more than a grand though, up front.

Now, we both know that my hypothetical is not going to happen, or at least is extremely unlikely, so I will not be preordering/prepurchasing. If what actually launches looks particularly good I will likely buy it and probably spend a bunch of money on gems at the same time.

It is, because saying Yes and No are definite answers. Saying I might is not a definite answer to the question. And given that there isn’t an expansion pack even announced yet, is a valid option.

Ashen.2907

It is, because saying Yes and No are definite answers. Saying I might is not a definite answer to the question. And given that there isn’t an expansion pack even announced yet, is a valid option.

That would be a valid option in another topic. In this one the OP is asking for definite answers to a specific question. Anet has not announced anything about the next expansion, true, but they have announced that they are developing it.