Won't be getting Legendary armor!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

How else will I look the coolest and pick up pixelated women?

Is the family ok with this?!

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I have a good job, 4 daughters, a wife, and 2 dogs. I don’t have 2-8 hrs a day to dedicate to setting up, forming groups, organizing voice chat, raiding et. I’ve been a solo roamer since beta, I have hardly any friends. And the ones I do have aren’t elitists.

I don’t mean to be disrespectful, but to me it sounds like MMOs aren’t for you.

How do you figure kid? I own my own company and have plenty of time, but I prefer to spend it at the gym or with my family, hence why I got out of the grindy mmo scene and came to GW2.

So you’re saying since I am a busy adult I shouldn’t be allowed t play a specific genre of PC game?

kitten muppet.

Then don’t complain about not having time to spend in game.
Just because you don’t have 2-8 hours a day to do “hardcore” stuff in GW2 doesn’t mean GW2 shouldn’t have that stuff. Some of us have the time, some of us make that time.

If you have the time but choose to spend it elsewhere – don’t complain about the game – it isn’t the game’s fault you choose to not allocate resources to it and then your overall “payoff” is low.

Seriously how did you even think this through?

What he’s saying is that since you’r ea busy adult you should realize being a busy adult comes with pros and cons – like everything else in life.
The game can’t magically accommodate your “busy adult” life and still give you the same stuff as if you were no-life playing 20 hours a day.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

At launch guild wars 2 sold two million copy and it had no raids and was advertised as
unique in the genre.not surprising that a lot of players are now disappointed that with the addition of raids they are locked out of content and gear.This is not what they paid for.

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

At launch guild wars 2 sold two million copy and it had no raids and was advertised as
unique in the genre.not surprising that a lot of players are now disappointed that with the addition of raids they are locked out of content and gear.This is not what they paid for.

It is what they paid for when they got HoT. Don’t try to pretent HoT attempts to repeat the things that Core was delivering.

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

It is what they paid for when they got HoT. Don’t try to pretent HoT attempts to repeat the things that Core was delivering.

Just curious, does that mean that people who liked the casual entertainment of core should better leave? I ask that because I am pretty sure that tihs is quite the opposite of what Anet wants to happen^^

eldrin.6471

2 million people bought guild wars 2 because it wasn’t hard core.Then three years latter after they have taken our money and in some cases thousand of hours of time they decide to change the nature of the product.Does not take a genius to work out why a lot of people are not happy with a net at the moment.

Posted by: Andulias.9516

Andulias.9516

Yes, it does, because NONE of what you are saying makes any sense!

Raids are made by 5-6 people.

Raids don’t give you ANY kind of reward that’s a statistical advantage over anyone. It doesn’t lock you out of anything. By your logic if I don’t wanna do dungeons, I’m locked out as well? Ridiculous!

There are people in GW2 who want more challenging group content. Should they receive NOTHING because you don’t want them to? Keeping in mind, you have plenty to do, they don’t. So what, screw them? How the hell do you rationalize this in your head?

eldrin.6471

Who gives a dam about statistical advantage in a game were its all about cosmetics and skins.

Posted by: Mishoo.5918

Mishoo.5918

Choices have consequences.
Maybe someday they’ll just hand things out for just showing up……

If “they” means Anet , they did it long time ago. They handed out badges of honor to anyone , without the need to put a step in WvW. They removed WvW from map completion, too. WwW players still had to complete dungeons for legendary weapons. Now the situation was reversed. Do WvW players have the right to request an alternative path to obtain legendary armor that excludes raids? It is fair to apply double standards?
Above all, do not lie to yourself.
And yes, choices have consequences.

Posted by: Clerigo.9475

Clerigo.9475

“If you hate MMO’s you’ll really want to check out Guild Wars 2”
- Mike O’Brien

An outdated quote. As a business evolves so does its ideology. To survive you must satisfy as wide of a range of players as you can. One way to do this is implementing raids. It doesn’t effect the casual community because they can… oh I don’t know… not raid… While the hardcore community is happy.

An outdated quote for sure, but it explains why a lot of people are here. Acting like it never existed, like this game didn’t change course drastically, and blaming people for being in the wrong type of game when what they got into was a different type of game, that’s just rude and ignorant.

Dear Sir, i just logged in to applaude you and to tell you if there were more people like you, not just in gaming but in all corners of life, maybe we wouldnt keep getting wrecked by the powers above that always find a way to do what they want instead of delivering what was promised.

I have much respect for ANet, but GW2 is not the game that was promised anymore.

Sill, i know that this label has the power and the know-how to change things around, forget about NCSoft because they only manage crap and destined to fail games, and push GW2 to success.

“When in doubt, choose change.” Leung
“All great changes are preceded by chaos.” Chopra
‘No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world’ Robin Williams

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

2 million people bought guild wars 2 because it wasn’t hard core.Then three years latter after they have taken our money and in some cases thousand of hours of time they decide to change the nature of the product.Does not take a genius to work out why a lot of people are not happy with a net at the moment.

Who gives a dam about statistical advantage in a game were its all about cosmetics and skins.

Is it just me or do you contradict yourself?

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

to be fair i have a job too but a boyfriend that plays gw with me.
anyway the raids don’t require 8 hours a day. our guild dedicate 2 hours 3 days a week to the raids. the raid don’t reset daily, so you have a full week to complete it.
really it’s not a matter of time. although it is a fair matter of skill, so i would suggest not to pug it.
there are a lots of video about those fights that you can watch in your spare time to see what your role can be.
and finally, as you described how you play, you really don’t need a legendary armor, actually, no one needs one to be fair. even though you should be able to switch stat with it, the way you play i don’t think you change build that often and you can always try new builds in exotic

I don’t think it’s so much about time required, it’s more about commitment.

if a raid is scheduled at certain time, you better be there, else you won’t have a slot next time.

eldrin.6471

Were is the contradiction?people including me put there time and money into this game to look the best and now anet locks legendary armour behind raids were most of the 2 million + who bought the game cant get to it.Of course the fraction of the player base that can do raids love the idea they can get the exclusive gear and lord it over the rest of us.It will take more than the people who do raids to keep this game going and the rest of us wont be fobbed off with gem store skins.

Obtena.7952

People aren’t happy because people didn’t pay attention to Anet telling them that HoT was going to be different than Core. Let’s be responsible adults here and accept the fact that THEY screwed up for not setting their expectations based on what they were TOLD, not what they invented in their own head.

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Was silly for anet to not add difficulty settings.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

It baffles me that op is complaining about a gear that players can’t even craft so far. What is also ridiculous is that no one has no precise single clue of how players are going to craft it. That point aside, I just can’t agree @eldrin. You may have have put money"to look the best" but in the end you have no figures to show that players only play this game for this purpose. Some play for different interests and you shouldn’t be projecting you own ideas of what gw2 is all about to others. Simple as that. As for legendary armor locked behind raids, I really don’t care: they are not superior to ascended, they will never lock me out of content and swapping stats with legendary stuff has never been relevant to any part of the game so far. I really don’t see it suddenly becoming required. In the end it is just an optional end game goal.

eldrin.6471

People are not happy because they did not get what they thought they paid for.The fact that anet did a switcheroonie makes no difference to the outcome.lets see them explain to the shareholders that they got rid of there long term profitable customers in exchange for skilled players.

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

I have much respect for ANet, but GW2 is not the game that was promised anymore.

You had 9 months of them promising Raids..

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

Forgive my ignorance, but I’m still having difficulty wrapping my head around the “horizontal” gearing at cap in this game. Where I come from (WoW), there is a HUGE difference between the stats on open world and small group content “rare” items. So when I hear raiders jealously guarding what are essentially cosmetic upgrades, it doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

Again, I may be missing something, but here’s a thought: Why can’t we just introduce HoT legendary items that require a lot of time/gold, but no raiding/dungeon requirements?

Am I correct in assuming that the stats on the gear aren’t the issue? Only access to that gear matters? Raiders would like some items to show for their accomplishments. Non-raiders want the same. And since there’s no conflict in this game over the actual stats, why can’t they both have their own sets?

probably because very few people will actually raid, if legendary armor isn’t exclusive.

people then ask isn’t the rewards having fun raiding?

me response is something like yes they do at first but once they repeat the same thing over and over again, it is a grind. The raids would be deserted once beaten unless there is incentive to go back to grind for legendary armor.

I think many people play gw2 because they don’t need to raid though. so you never know if anet might change their decision latter.

Okay. I’m confused. The only difference between legendary item X and legendary item Y is the skin it uses, correct? And the only difference between either of those items and ascended item Z is a legendary designation, right? So literally the only thing special about these items is their appearance and the accomplishment of earning them (i.e. bragging rights!). Am I still on track here?

So why can’t you keep legendary item X locked behind raid content, and let non-raiders have their legendary item Y with its own skin? Item X is still exclusive. You still need to complete the raid. And neither item provides a significant mechanical advantage over the other (or even ascended gear).

Is there some other detail I’m missing here that would make this problematic?

Obtena.7952

People are not happy because they did not get what they thought they paid for.The fact that anet did a switcheroonie makes no difference to the outcome.lets see them explain to the shareholders that they got rid of there long term profitable customers in exchange for skilled players.

They don’t have to … shareholders already know and approved Anet’s approach to HoT; anyone implying that shareholders weren’t aware simply doesn’t understand how that business relationship works. People got exactly what they were TOLD they were paying for in HoT and the same with Core. They aren’t the same thing but there wasn’t any switcheroo; we were told it was going to be different, and it was.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

There seems to be 2 groups of people now forming in this community, the “I love raids and everyone else can suck it” and the “I hate raids I want them gone”

Those people who have done the raids/are in guilds that do them, really cannot see that most people will not beable to get into them, because god forbid someone needs to learn the raid… im in a massive guild and today they asked for people to help raid, only if they new the RAID, then proceeded to complain when no one wanted to go,

This issue will get worse, give it 2 or 3 raids down the line the group of people doing them will be so small, that they may actually need to get pugs to help, and then they will be back here complaining they cannot get people to do the raids,

Anyway, the Legendary armor is a mute point, Anet will sooner or later make a way for non Raid players to get it, remember when you needed WvW map completion to get Legendary, then Anet removed it because NON WvW players didn’t want to go in there,

If they lock Legendary Armor behind raids so that only the hardcore players can get it, they will just push other players out of the game, Anet is not stupid ( even though they make stupid decisions sometimes ) they know that the raid community alone cannot support this game, this is why you will see Legendary Armor obtainable, ( it must just be the Raid Version looks different.

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

I agree with the OP. And yeah when you switch up the play formula with game changes people become very disenchanted when it effects “their play style”…He’s entitled to his opinion.
For those of you that like the raid system I’m happy for ya but if I wanted this type of play I would have went back to WOW for which the raid system, “and its drama filled cliques” of picking who’s in and who’s out is one of the main reason I left it.

BTW MMO’s are not just kid stuff anymore. The average gamer is 35+ years of age and has probably been playing since mud, U.O., or EQ. Don’t tell them MMO’s are not for them when they have probably been playing MMO’s for most of their “adult life”…

The Industry forgets this, and in fact hasn’t evolved in how they handle or treat their player-base which is now mostly all grown up, spends considerably more on their choice of entertainment, and expects the kind of respect that most businesses give to those that buy/invest in their product…

Players have evolved….its the industry that’s not kept pace.

eldrin.6471

They don’t have to … shareholders already know and approved Anet’s approach to HoT; anyone implying that shareholders weren’t aware simply doesn’t understand how that business relationship works. People got exactly what they were TOLD they were paying for in HoT and the same with Core. They aren’t the same thing but there wasn’t any switcheroo; we were told it was going to be different, and it was.

bullkitten. and lets see what happens when profits go down as they sure as hell will.
Anet have forgotten who there own player base is.Share holders dont get involved in business decisions,they want profit nothing less.And i think anets bad choices just cost them money.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

anyway the raids don’t require 8 hours a day. our guild dedicate 2 hours 3 days a week to the raids. the raid don’t reset daily, so you have a full week to complete it.
really it’s not a matter of time. although it is a fair matter of skill, so i would suggest not to pug it.
there are a lots of video about those fights that you can watch in your spare time to see what your role can be.
and finally, as you described how you play, you really don’t need a legendary armor, actually, no one needs one to be fair. even though you should be able to switch stat with it, the way you play i don’t think you change build that often and you can always try new builds in exotic

if a raid is scheduled at certain time, you better be there, else you won’t have a slot next time.

yes, it’s like when you decide to hang out with friends, you decide to commit a night out with them and to do so you don’t pick other dates with other people…
but you hang out in a mmo instead. but i don’t see why it is ok to go to the cinema and not ok to decide to spend 2 hours in a raid

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

laokoko.7403

yes, it’s like when you decide to hang out with friends, you decide to commit a night out with them and to do so you don’t pick other dates with other people…
but you hang out in a mmo instead. but i don’t see why it is ok to go to the cinema and not ok to decide to spend 2 hours in a raid

I never said there is any thing wrong with it. Some people like to commit to a schedule every week some don’t.

Some people like to play whenever they like. It’s how people choose to live their life.

If legendary armor is such a non factor, why does it have to ne exclusive to raids. That is the question.

Most likely is because if it’s not exclusive. Raids would be dead already just like dungeon. Because reality is almost all the players are just farmers.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

It doesn’t effect the casual community because they can… oh I don’t know… not raid…

And not get the Stuff.
Yeah, putting cool things behind raids do not affect non-raiders in the slightest. Because they can, i don’t know, not get the cool stuff (and be happy, because reasons).

Seriously?

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

laokoko.7403

It doesn’t effect the casual community because they can… oh I don’t know… not raid…

And not get the Stuff.
Yeah, putting cool things behind raids do not affect non-raiders in the slightest. Because they can, i don’t know, not get the cool stuff (and be happy, because reasons).

Seriously?

i think many people’s assumption is just because you raid, you will get legendary armor.

it might not even be true. depends on anet’s decision legendary armor could be so difficult most people raiding still can’t get it.

Posted by: Lynne.8416

Lynne.8416

Like many players, I came to GW2 because it was a very casual experience that didn’t require me to spend 10 hours a day playing to compete. I did that for almost 15 years split between WOW/DAoC, I’m tired.

I took breaks because I know coming back I wouldn’t miss much. I’ve even managed to craft quite a few legendaries casually playing the game. Now here we are, I come back after a year, and learn that you’re required to raid to get the stuff necessary to make this (hopefully awesome) armor.

I have a good job, 4 daughters, a wife, and 2 dogs. I don’t have 2-8 hrs a day to dedicate to setting up, forming groups, organizing voice chat, raiding et. I’ve been a solo roamer since beta, I have hardly any friends. And the ones I do have aren’t elitists.

I feel cheated and I miss my original GW2 experience. It worked, the formula was different and very welcomed. It was a wonderful experience and is what made GW2 enjoyable and unique.

Now I’m just kittened that I’m denied access because I can’t go full neckbeard status for pve in a game I was told I wouldn’t have to raid in to get the best gear.

Bleh

I agree, in a way, while my husband has many hours available to play the game. I enjoyed the game because I could dedicate 30-60 minutes a day maybe and still get SOMETHING accomplished. Yes it took me longer to obtain things but I could get there eventually. Now with HoT I can’t do much in my one hour time frame due to timers, I can’t really grind out enough xp to progress my story. So I feel what’s the point? So now I just logon to get my login reward and logout. I read recently they will change a few things next month, but we shall see if it’s enough for me.

Obtena.7952

bullkitten. and lets see what happens when profits go down as they sure as hell will.
Anet have forgotten who there own player base is.Share holders dont get involved in business decisions,they want profit nothing less.And i think anets bad choices just cost them money.

I don’t know what you’re talking now. They will what? Tell their shareholders? Not sure you have noticed but … HoT has been out for 6 months. The shareholders already know. Like I said; anyone who questions if the shareholders are aware simply has no understanding of how that business relationship works.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Astralporing.1957

I think the point is remember when you were playing WoW or whatever 15 years ago, did you enjoy putting a lot of time into getting the best stuff or raiding?

Hell, no. That was never fun. And while it took me some time to realize it (and decide to get away from it), the toxicity this generated affected me in a really negative way.

Do you really want to deprive younger people of the experiences you had?

Definitely. Though deprive wouldn’t be the word i’d use. Shelter would fit better.

People aren’t happy because people didn’t pay attention to Anet telling them that HoT was going to be different than Core.

You think that if they knew how big the difference would be (which wasn’t in no way clear from the prelaunch info) they’d be more happy? Why, when the very difference that is the result of their unhappiness remains unchanged?

Yes, the complete 180 degrees turn the game made with HoT is exactly what the argument is about.

That was never true of the vast majority of GW2’s pre-HoT content.

Sure it was. You have one hour to play a day. Your buddy has ten. He will most certainly achieve all his goals before you. You will always be behind in this game if you are not able to commit a certain amount of time.

Yes, i would be behind. But i would still be able to achieve the same things, just at a slower rate. Not so with raids.

Let me rephrase that then:
“One particular design decision in GW2 is that you can START your raiding career with your character already having MULTIPLE full sets of best-in-slot equipment. Most other MMOs require you to actually finish raids to get best-in-slot”

Sorry, no dice. Viper accesories are acquirable only through Raidings. You can’t get them any other way. And currently Vipers are best in slot for condi builds.

The raids would be deserted once beaten unless there is incentive to go back to grind for legendary armor.

That’s not exactly true. Yes, there needs to be some incentive, and that means that Raids needs to have good rewards. Those rewards however do not need to be exclusive.

In fact, they’d better not be – if legendary armor is the main reason why raiders participate in that content, then raids will start getting deserted once first waves of raiders will finish obtaining it. Yes, there will be slow trickle of new people, but with the absence of a thriving raiding community the content will end up more dead than dungeons now.

Unless of course what you claim isn’t true, and legendary armor is not really needed to bring people in.

There are people in GW2 who want more challenging group content. Should they receive NOTHING because you don’t want them to?

No, why? I just don’t agree that they are entitled (yes, that bad E word) to exclusive rewards.

I don’t know what you’re talking now. They will what? Tell their shareholders? Not sure you have noticed but … HoT has been out for 6 months. The shareholders already know.

And Colin leaves now, and Mike promises to tone down the “hardcoreness” of HoT open world (and makes a lot of effort to persuade people that raids are just a sideshow, even when they clearly aren’t).
Accident? Perhaps…

Actions, not words.

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

‘I can’t get thing while being unwilling to put in the required time and/or effort, that’s why I think nobody should have thing’ the thread.

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Now I’m just kittened that I’m denied access because I can’t go full neckbeard status for pve in a game I was told I wouldn’t have to raid in to get the best gear.

Bleh

And you still don’t need to raid for the best gear. Legendary armor has equal stats to Ascended.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Astralporing.1957

And you still don’t need to raid for the best gear.

Please, point me to where i can get viper trinkets, then.

Actions, not words.

Obtena.7952

I don’t know what you’re talking now. They will what? Tell their shareholders? Not sure you have noticed but … HoT has been out for 6 months. The shareholders already know.

And Colin leaves now, and Mike promises to tone down the “hardcoreness” of HoT open world (and makes a lot of effort to persuade people that raids are just a sideshow, even when they clearly aren’t).
Accident? Perhaps…

Maybe, but that’s not what I was discussing with the poster. Accident or not, Anet DID tell people HoT was going to be a challenge and it was not a secret to anyone or some unexpected change like the poster was trying to imply; not to players and not to shareholders either.

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

When was the last time you got movie points after going to the cinema to grind at your new VR glasses you can´t buy in other locations? It is of course ok to raid 2 hours if you find 9 like minded people in general.

Nobody wants to deny raiders raids, at least I don´t want to. I just hope that when the third raid wing is out, there is finally room again for stuff I like.

flog.3485

@Astralporing Who said that viper trinkets are the best? Is there any content out there that you can’t beat because you don’t have viper trinkets? Viper trinkets favors long fights when you want to go full condi. Other than that it really isn’t required.

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

Forgive my ignorance, but I’m still having difficulty wrapping my head around the “horizontal” gearing at cap in this game. Where I come from (WoW), there is a HUGE difference between the stats on open world and small group content “rare” items. So when I hear raiders jealously guarding what are essentially cosmetic upgrades, it doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

Again, I may be missing something, but here’s a thought: Why can’t we just introduce HoT legendary items that require a lot of time/gold, but no raiding/dungeon requirements?

Am I correct in assuming that the stats on the gear aren’t the issue? Only access to that gear matters? Raiders would like some items to show for their accomplishments. Non-raiders want the same. And since there’s no conflict in this game over the actual stats, why can’t they both have their own sets?

probably because very few people will actually raid, if legendary armor isn’t exclusive.

people then ask isn’t the rewards having fun raiding?

me response is something like yes they do at first but once they repeat the same thing over and over again, it is a grind. The raids would be deserted once beaten unless there is incentive to go back to grind for legendary armor.

I think many people play gw2 because they don’t need to raid though. so you never know if anet might change their decision latter.

The problem is they stuck ‘Legendary’ on, not that in effect that means much. Then they mega-hyped it all over the place. Had it just been ‘exclusive skins and weapons’ nobody would care or bother.

Even though there is an open door in Maguma raids are not accessible to everyone, mainly because they are so high compared to normal content. There is no ‘path of improvement’ between HoT content and raids.

I would have much preferred them to have stuck this into Fractals as top end content there – only accessible with HoT installed. They could have produced six new levels with these bosses, 9 with those from the final wing.

Astralporing.1957

@Astralporing Who said that viper trinkets are the best? Is there any content out there that you can’t beat because you don’t have viper trinkets? Viper trinkets favors long fights when you want to go full condi. Other than that it really isn’t required.

Yeah, “not required”. But they still are best in slot stats for condi builds. Don’t try to pretend otherwise.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: NotOverlyCheesy.9427

NotOverlyCheesy.9427

In a recent reddit survey 70% of the people who answered said they’ve tried raids. Now I don’t believe that is an accurate number but I wouldn’t be surprised if 10%-15% of the active players do raids regularly. If 6/300 anet employees (that’s 2%) are developing raids I don’t see a problem here. A small group of people makes awesome content for a decent amount of players.

Be mad at the people who are making casual content if you really have to be angry all the time. The raid team just seems to have their formula down so why should they make content slow if they can make it fast.

flog.3485

@ astralporing why do you put so much emphasis on having the best of the best as a necessity? Players started playing hot without viper sets and as they played the game they had the opportunity to at least get vipers for their weapon…some of them completed the raid, got the rewards to then get ascended trinkets of said vipers to be able to better complete raids due viper stats focusing on duration, which has never been relevant in gw2 (although you could yet take some food to increase this if you wanted). In the end I just think you reject any kind of reward based on accomplishment. We will need to disagree I guess

Posted by: Silicato.4603

Silicato.4603

I agree with Furaji 100%. HoT has nothing to do with GW2 in game mechanics, in time needed or in fun.

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

It doesn’t take innate skill to be good at it. Every player that has beaten the raid content did so with practice. Some may learn it faster than others, but that doesn’t stop everyone from trying it and even succeeding with ENOUGH practice. No single group went in the first time and had immediate success, without prior knowledge of the content.

Practice, it may take more practice than others, but progress will happen.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Just for a little perspective, imagine you now are required to do the event in Diessa plateau “Put on a cow disguise and demonstrate techniques to the cows” 150 times to achieve a legendary armor piece.

This is how many paying casual players view, one single raid.

If you really want to influence casual players to become involved in raids, start there.

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

It takes barely 8-12 hours of practice all in all to complete a raid wing the first time. You don’t even have to do it all in a week if you find a casual raiding guild.
Then around 3 hours max to run it weekly and that’s being generous because it’s more like 1H-1H30.

I’m sure you can find the time OP. Stop throwing some random numbers around. It doesn’t take a dedicated team of neckbeards playing 10 hours a day to clear a raid wing.

laokoko.7403

In a recent reddit survey 70% of the people who answered said they’ve tried raids. Now I don’t believe that is an accurate number but I wouldn’t be surprised if 10%-15% of the active players do raids regularly. If 6/300 anet employees (that’s 2%) are developing raids I don’t see a problem here. A small group of people makes awesome content for a decent amount of players.

Be mad at the people who are making casual content if you really have to be angry all the time. The raid team just seems to have their formula down so why should they make content slow if they can make it fast.

That don’t have anything to do with the topic.

The OP is asking for non raid way to get legendary armor.

I’m really surprised with that many people raided on the poll.

Either way I’ll be surprised if legendary armor is going to be easy. I doubt 70% of the gw2 population will be running around in legendary armor.

Posted by: Dashingsteel.3410

Dashingsteel.3410

I am assuming that doing the raids for legendary armor is akin to doing dungeons for legendary weapons. If this is the case perhaps Anet could put in a new pvp track reward to offer raid tokens like it does for the dungeons.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

The nature of the product that was purchased three years ago was not changed (except in some details). HoT is a new product. The product that people bought three years ago is still there for the most part.

Astralporing.1957

It takes barely 8-12 hours of practice all in all to complete a raid wing the first time.

That’s a lot, you know. For many people that’s several weeks of playtime (without doing anything else, like dailies).

@ astralporing why do you put so much emphasis on having the best of the best as a necessity?

And why do you feel the need to change the topic? The statement was “the BiS gear is acquirable without doing raids”. I have pointed out, that no, it isn’t, there are pieces that cannot be obtained otherwise.
Suddenly saying that “but BiS isn’t necessary” does not make that first statement any more true. The only thing this topic switch accomplishes is proving, that you know it’s not a defendable stance.

In a recent reddit survey 70% of the people who answered said they’ve tried raids.

Sure. I wouldn’t expect any other results, seeing as most people that do not do raids aren’t even on reddit (casuals, remember?), and if they are, likely didn’t even think to participate. If that’s the survey i’m thinking of, that’s even more likely, because nothing even suggested it was aimed at anyone else except raiders, so i’d say that 70% is a really low number here.

If 6/300 anet employees (that’s 2%) are developing raids I don’t see a problem here.

What if the number is greater? (and it is, 6 people was for Salvation pass alone, and there were people from other teams working on it as well).

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

It takes barely 8-12 hours of practice all in all to complete a raid wing the first time.

That’s a lot, you know. For many people that’s several weeks of playtime (without doing anything else, like dailies).

If you can only dedicate that much time for an MMO, maybe you’re simply not supposed to be able to do everything the game has to offer. And maybe MMOs aren’t the best type of game for you.

Why do people always complain that they can’t get ‘thing’ when they are simply unwilling or unable to put in the required time or effort?

Posted by: Avarice.2791

Avarice.2791

If you can only dedicate that much time for an MMO, maybe you’re simply not supposed to be able to do everything the game has to offer. And maybe MMOs aren’t the best type of game for you.

Why do people always complain that they can’t get ‘thing’ when they are simply unwilling or unable to put in the required time or effort?

Because casual literally translates to “lazy” in this game.