Would Like to say thanks.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Rage Cube.4573

Rage Cube.4573

Now that I’m at work and taking a break from playing the game I would like to say thank you for the experience here.

I feel like there is a lot to work toward and I am fairly excited about it. I worked fiercely toward my full scrapper unlock to get my helm and got it pretty quick (got it saturday morning) and had a blast discovering everything I did.

I was glad to see hero points / moments that simply couldn’t be soloed and required some guild/map communication to get at least one or two people to help you out. It made the experience feel more real and enjoyed it more because of it.

I know there is a lot of hate floating around right now but I’ve been enjoying pretty much everything… Even the things I thought I was going to hate.

Thanks again for the expansion and experience. It has been a great rainy weekend because of it.

Posted by: MonteCristo.2065

MonteCristo.2065

I have to agree, ANET has done an amazing job!!

I’ve watched every single newsfeed and video during the build up to the launch and I didn’t think I would be too surprised, but kitten was I wrong.

The maps are so well designed and the new mechanics and AI are exactly what the game needed.

My only wish now is that ANET can figure out a way to make gliding possible in the old maps and to also increase enemy AI in the old maps.

Posted by: Kiba.9743

Kiba.9743

I haven’t unlocked my Elite yet but I am in no rush to since it is more of a support role. However, during my exploration in these maps I do have to say the way everything was designed was amazing. The maps, to me, are complex and hard to navigate which I find very enjoyable. The personal story has also had an impact on me, right in the feels… On my drive to work, I couldn’t stop thinking about the Personal Story. Getting worried and ending up with more questions than answers. So far, I am having a good time with this challenging expansion.

“Nothing clears a troubled mind better than shooting a bow”

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Yes, despite a few minor grumbles and being able to empathise towards some of the complaints (maps lacking coherency and elites not being unlockable as easily as they should be) I am thoroughly enjoying the expac.

It is a shame so many spoilers are flying around the forum, including a big reveal from a dev who didn’t think it was important to spoiler tag their post, however it’s just a good excuse not to visit these forums as much..

Posted by: Kiba.9743

Kiba.9743

Yes, despite a few minor grumbles and being able to empathise towards some of the complaints (maps lacking coherency and elites not being unlockable as easily as they should be) I am thoroughly enjoying the expac.

It is a shame so many spoilers are flying around the forum, including a big reveal from a dev who didn’t think it was important to spoiler tag their post, however it’s just a good excuse not to visit these forums as much..

That’s a real shame. I try to be really careful on what I click on for that reason. Any topic that seems spoiler suspicious, I never click. I came close one time but I immediately closed the browser window.

“Nothing clears a troubled mind better than shooting a bow”

Rage Cube.4573

Really?

That sucks about the Anet poster but I felt the maps were pretty easy to navigate considering how hard a layered map like this one could have been to make, this was done pretty well.

I don’t get the ‘Hard to unlock elite’ complaint tho. I mean it took me less than a day, (I worked regular hours on Friday, started playing Friday when I got home). And it wasn’t a grind or anything hard… Talking to people in map/guild and exploration…

I kinda get the “so many alts to do it on” thing but… I think that’s the kind of thing you have to assume is coming your way playing so many characters… At least masteries share between your account…

Posted by: demetry.9541

demetry.9541

….
I was glad to see hero points / moments that simply couldn’t be soloed and required some guild/map communication to get at least one or two people to help you out.
….

Buls s…

You dont need any… “communication”. You can kill all those champs just with 2 random man (or even alone but it’s a bit harder and longer). Guilds just makes it’s slower, because you must organize guild mates first.

Just we have few HUGE problems before killing.
1) you must spend a lot of time for farming “specializations”.
2) you must find it (it means you must spend a lot of time for a stupid jumping puzless). For now map chat are full of cry, like: “i hate this map”, “i dont like JP”, why i cant find it" etc And i can understand it. Because I HATE JUMPING PUZZLES TOO! never liked it. (sure.. i know some ppl like JP. but 90% – not and this ppl must have choice!!)

It’s a first game where ppl cant got new skills (which they bought for a good money) because they must doing jumping puzzles for this… It’s just a complete nonsense.

In the end we have toons of grind, and stupid mechanics!! Nothin to be glad about.

(edited by demetry.9541)

Rage Cube.4573

….
I was glad to see hero points / moments that simply couldn’t be soloed and required some guild/map communication to get at least one or two people to help you out.
….

Buls s…

You dont need any… “communication”. You can kill all those champs just with 2 random man (or even alone but it’s a bit harder and longer). Guilds just makes it’s slower, because you must organize guild mates first.

Just we have few HUGE problems before killing.
1) you must spend a lot of time for farming “specializations”.
2) you must find it (it means you must spend a lot of time for a stupid jumping puzless). For now map chat are full of cry, like: “i hate this map”, “i dont like JP”, why i cant find it" etc And i can understand it. Because I HATE JUMPING PUZZLES TOO! never liked it. (sure.. i know some ppl like JP. but 90% – not and this ppl must have choice!!)

It’s a first game where ppl cant got new skills (which they bought for a good money) because they must doing jumping puzzles for this… It’s just a complete nonsense.

In the end we have toons of grind, and stupid mechanics!! Nothin to be glad about.

You seem to dislike a lot of what the game/mmos are about.