WvW Borderlands Stress Test Coming

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

But not just Borderlands, they give more info on how beta invites will work:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/announcing-the-wvw-desert-borderlands-stress-tests/

Of interest is the comment that those who get a portal are invited to tests plural. Typo, or is this a thing we don’t have to grind out again for a later test?

Exact quote:
“Secondly, our Heart of Thorns PvE closed beta events are open to players who have found a portal to the Heart of Maguuma in-game or may have been selected by signing up for the Guild Wars 2 newsletter.”

(edited by Donari.5237)

Posted by: Silicato.4603

Silicato.4603

Hopefully the portal makes you able to participate in all pve betas. I cross my fingers XD

On the WvW side, this quote makes me realize that i wont have an invitation for the first stress test XD, cause I play on wvw in a very casual mode, and from time to time:
This initial test will feature some of the most active WvW players in Guild Wars 2.

However Desert Borderlands looks awesome, i’ll envy all those guys who got their deserved spot on the stress test XD. Maybe when they open up a little bit more the number of testers…

(edited by Silicato.4603)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Well hmm, as I reread it through lawyer-vision, I could see them saying you must find a unique Portal for each closed test.

Either way is fine by me, I enjoyed my time in SW and liked having a targeted goal for gameplay.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

yeah, I was wondering about the wording too, with the portals. So they’re either good for all future tests, or the item gets deleted after the beta and we have to get another one (if we haven’t sold it). Or they’re just going to wipe the flag out after each beta test and we’ll have to get a new portal stone to mark us as beta participant.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Silicato.4603

Silicato.4603

Well hmm, as I reread it through lawyer-vision, I could see them saying you must find a unique Portal for each closed test.

Either way is fine by me, I enjoyed my time in SW and liked having a targeted goal for gameplay.

The spanish version says this:

“no olvidéis que los eventos de beta cerrada PvE de Heart of Thorns están abiertos a los jugadores que hayan encontrado un portal al Corazón de Maguuma en el juego o que hayan sido seleccionados entre los suscriptores del boletín de Guild Wars 2.

I understand it in the way you did before:
They say “los eventos” (the events, plural) and then “hayan encontrado un portal al Corazón de Maguuma” (have found a portal to the Heart of Maguuma), wich i believe it is the same can be found right now.

What i believe is that each time a new PVE beta aproach, probably more Portals will be accesible, so more people can join into each beta.

But if you got one already, that will be your tiket for all betas.
At least that is what i want to believe! XD

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

“Finally, stress tests like our WvW Borderlands stress tests are limited in nature and will run on an entirely separate client. More information on how you can get an invite to participate will be released at a later time.”

“This initial test will feature some of the most active WvW players in Guild Wars 2.”

Hopefully it won’t be a karma-train hunt for a random loot object to get into the beta. But that’s what I fear.

Posted by: Simzani.4318

Simzani.4318

They need the pve players of eotm to test this map. It is designed to eliminate any form of pvp and to push it only in ebg.