WvW questions about Heart of thorns

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: DangerGaming.1692

DangerGaming.1692

If you are not able to buy the expansion pack will you not be able to play the new WvW map? if so, I believe that would negatively impact some guilds and a lot of people who can not afford an expansion. It would also bring forth problems such as more people from one server who have the money to buy the pack on the new BL and capping it while the other servers can’t because they have less people to fight the opposing forces. I am an avid WvW player and do play with a guild i was just wondering how this will be dealt with and implemented into Guild Wars 2.

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

As per the Angry Joe interview with Colin Johanson players who do not buy HoT will be playing on the new WvW map.

It wouldn’t make any sense to change one of the WvW maps (that the player has no control over) for the expansion and then lock them out of it because they didn’t buy the xpac.

(edited by Sagramor.7395)

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

People that don’t buy HoT can still play the new map, but certain features will be locked out of using.

Posted by: DevilishLyx.2340

DevilishLyx.2340

People that don’t buy HoT can still play the new map, but certain features will be locked out of using.

So pay-to-win.

Sorry but anet does not deserve a penny more from me until they put in the effort to update WvW. This one map and changes to the current map are not enough for me to warrant spending anything on it!
As a WvW only player, I dont want my money spent on a Chinese release, Living Story and a expansion which is barely enough to be considered an expansion.
Prove to me that WvW will get a half, even a quarter of what PvE gets, and then I may consider investing more in this game!

But those are just my current feelings.

(edited by DevilishLyx.2340)

Knighthonor.4061

So pay-to-win.

Sorry but anet does not deserve a penny more from me until they put in the effort to update WvW. This one map and changes to the current map are not enough for me to warrant spending anything on it!
As a WvW only player, I dont want my money spent on a Chinese release, Living Story and a expansion which is barely enough to be considered an expansion.
Prove to me that WvW will get a half, even a quarter of what PvE gets, and then I may consider investing more in this game!

Hey you paying for the upgrade. If you think of it that way.

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

So pay-to-win.

Pay to win is having an advantage from spending money in a game. There’s no evidence that any features are going to be locked in wvw in the new map from the dev streams and interviews aside from access to the new class. The new class is however new content and you should be paying for it and it is obviously going to be balanced towards other classes so even if you don’t have it the new class won’t have an artificial advantage over you.

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

Things like feature updates, balance updates, bug fixes and so on affect WvW as much as any other aspect of the game. This also goes for the introduction of specializations and the Revenant.

Furthermore, they are planning on changing things for WvW aside from the introduction of the borderlands map. We’ll have to wait and see what those changes are. However EotM and the recent temporary rules change were testing grounds for the future of WvW.

Posted by: Vintorez.1605

Vintorez.1605

So pay-to-win.

Absolutely love how people like to throw around terms which don’t actually mean what they think they mean.

But by your trail of thought, every new expansion in WoW was a pay-to-win move due to how it allowed people to level up higher and grab better gear in comparison to people who wanted to stick it out in earlier expansions, or even the base game.

Save $ 0.50 every day up until the expansion release day, and you too will be able to join the “paying-to-win” crowd.

Posted by: DevilishLyx.2340

DevilishLyx.2340

Well WoW is pay to win :P But at least you also got regular updates; WvW has barely got a thing, it needs more than a new map and undisclosed changes. Bug fixes are updates, they are bug fixes; they fix the game not update it!

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

So pay-to-win.

Knighthonor
Please provide a link were they state certain features will be locked in said wvw maps for none expansion players, the newest info i have seen is the angry joe interview were they say none expasion players will be able to play the wvw map, in that i assume they mean everything on said map aswell. ( would be really strange if you couldent jump into lava pools to transport if you dident have expasion becouse if so you shouldent be able to get into the map at all.)

Knighthonor.4061

So pay-to-win.

Knighthonor
Please provide a link were they state certain features will be locked in said wvw maps for none expansion players, the newest info i have seen is the angry joe interview were they say none expasion players will be able to play the wvw map, in that i assume they mean everything on said map aswell. ( would be really strange if you couldent jump into lava pools to transport if you dident have expasion becouse if so you shouldent be able to get into the map at all.)

edit, didnt read post at first and linked wrong thing. its in the Angryjoe video.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

So pay-to-win.

Knighthonor

edit, didnt read post at first and linked wrong thing. its in the Angryjoe video.

Oh yea must have missed it the first time around thanks for noting it mate.

its said 11:55 in that link for anyone else wondering.