XP in WvW count towards C.Tyrian Mastery?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: lordvroom.1274

lordvroom.1274

Q:

What that says ^^

Will XP earned in WvW count towards the central tyrian mastery tracks (ie. Pact Commander)?

I know WvW is technically “the mists” and I know we can’t use HoT things like gliding but we can use things like Pact Commander auto-loot.

Any dev response would be lovely! <3

-Vrontios
Leader of The Backup [CREW]
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Marean Lumia.8601

Marean Lumia.8601

This is a very good question! honestly im not sure could we get come clarification here? or maybe is this going to be its own chain.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Probably not since there are Tyrian and Maguuma Masteries, and WvW (and PvP for that matter) are neither area. WvW exp goes towards its own set of lines for that area, so I doubt it would go towards WvW goals and also a Mastery line. That would be double dipping. But it would be good to know for sure.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: lordvroom.1274

lordvroom.1274

Probably not since there are Tyrian and Maguuma Masteries, and WvW (and PvP for that matter) are neither area. WvW exp goes towards its own set of lines for that area, so I doubt it would go towards WvW goals and also a Mastery line. That would be double dipping. But it would be good to know for sure.

That was my line of thinking but you can use central tyrian masteries chiefly the auto-loot from Pact Commander so at least some of the mastery benefits can be used in WvW I want the xp source clarified though

-Vrontios
Leader of The Backup [CREW]
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Croq.3024

Croq.3024

Anet really needs to add this. There is a lot of time/work put into WvW and it would be nice if this counted towards mastery

Posted by: Valky.2574

Valky.2574

If it was gonna happen it would of by now.
Tho i don’t think they will, just do to the fact they probably gonna make wvw mastery’s and even spvp one’s sooner or later

Posted by: Sungtaro.6493

Sungtaro.6493

That was my line of thinking but you can use central tyrian masteries chiefly the auto-loot from Pact Commander so at least some of the mastery benefits can be used in WvW I want the xp source clarified though

Autoloot doesn’t work in wvw as far as I know. It doesn’t work for me and there is a post from a dev saying it doesn’t work and that is working as intended.

They are looking at adding it in as a wvw specific feature for wvw but it doesn’t work now.

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence.

Posted by: saturn.4810

saturn.4810

XP in WvW counts for nothing, and Masteries do not work in WvW.

This is intended, as stated by the devs:

We wanted to keep PvE progression (Masteries) separate from WvW progression (Ability Lines).

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/The-new-auto-loot-doesen-t-work-in-WvW-Merged/first#post5679969

(edited by saturn.4810)

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

You can check xp source for each kind of mastery directly in the mastery pannel if I remember correctly

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.