Yet another mastery concern, but.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Anmida.4058

Anmida.4058

I’ve 6 100% map completion characters, and yeah, 17 characters in total. Out of these, only two of them are below 50% map completion. One of them is just a place holder for my Revenant. Which brings me to question… Am I going to get punished for actually having played the game before they decided all the old content they had was actually going to be re-used? The way I understand the mastery system, it accounts for everything; Experience earned after level 80, map completion, progression in an area, even fractals are accounted in to some extent.

Am I actually going to get nothing of what I’d supposedly have earned if I had just quit the game and not bothered to spent any of this time in these tasks until the expansion’s release? Because as it is, it’s feeling nauseatingly like a kick to the privates for trying to branch out.

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

they already confirmed that whatever can be retroactively gained, will. so if you did X step in your personal story, or map completed Z area, you’re good.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

Mastery points for existing content will be awarded retroactively, as long as any single one of your characters has done the content. So, you’ll get the points for 100% Map completion (since you have at least one character with it). No extra points for having 100% Map completion on multiple characters.

Posted by: Anmida.4058

Anmida.4058

I seem to have scooped ahead out of a small panic rush then! That’s good to hear, and my apologies for the extra stress to the pile. I probably darted ahead of that bit in that clenching feeling of wasted time that overwhelmed me.

Thanks!

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

My reading says map completion counts ONCE per account towards generating mastery points. So having played the game will not punish you.

However, the little star you get for seeing the whole wide world likely remains an individual character accomplishment, so your account with have the mastery points you’ve earned and your characters will have their individual show-off tags. win-win.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

just keep in mind that stuff like “do this world boss” and “do this group event”, among other things that can’t be tracked, will have to be redone (if they end up tied to masteries, that is).

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

just keep in mind that stuff like “do this world boss” and “do this group event”, among other things that can’t be tracked, will have to be redone (if they end up tied to masteries, that is).

I actually think they have ways of tracking things, at least some of the bigger world bosses (the ones which have a daily reward chest anyway). Anything that has an achievement tied to it will definitely be retroactive (since that information is stored).

Remains to be seen exactly what will grant Mastery points from current content.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’d hesitate to say anything will count if you get achieves for it. The Emperor achieve says hi! Lots of people have wanted to retroactively get all the cultural armor unlocked since they have the title but deleted the gear pre-Wardrobe, but since you can get the achieve via buying subsets of the available cultural armors the game never tracked which ones you did and did not get.

So probably some things won’t carry over, though most should and world completion definitely should since there is no subset for that beyond having gotten it before some new wp’s and poi’s got added.

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

I’d hesitate to say anything will count if you get achieves for it. The Emperor achieve says hi! Lots of people have wanted to retroactively get all the cultural armor unlocked since they have the title but deleted the gear pre-Wardrobe, but since you can get the achieve via buying subsets of the available cultural armors the game never tracked which ones you did and did not get.

So probably some things won’t carry over, though most should and world completion definitely should since there is no subset for that beyond having gotten it before some new wp’s and poi’s got added.

Except they confirmed before that patch was released that you had to currently own the items. This is because they did not have a system to track that. So it comes down to anything that is tracked yes you will get it retroactively.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto