You guys need to chill out

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: dml.9764

dml.9764

Yes anet did change their FAQ and I get that, people are mad. But you guys go straight to the negative and assume the very worste which is you just got scammed. You have no proof of this however, maybe they did just come up with it at the last second and added the core game into the HoT price. So, what if they did rip you off $7-$50, it rly isn’t that much considering the thousands of hours many of you have put in the game AND the money is just going back into the game, so what does it matter, most of you probably would of spent the money on gems anyways.
With this it makes the game so much easier for new players to get into and the vets shouldn’t be complaining. They got all of living story 2 for free(If they logged on), all of living story 1 which the new players may never get to play, all the holiday activies FOR FREE. So I dont care if they charge us $50 because with all of the stuff they have given us for free I’m willing to pay it. Not to mention that all the new players coming in will need a place to go and will possibly end up in you’re guild or friendlist.
And for the people complaining about not getting a character slot… YOU CAN GET THE GOLD IN LESS THAN 2 WEEKS. I don’t see what the problem is. And if you are a vet you will already have the money, so I dont see the problem on why you can’t purchase a character slot in game.
People also need to realize that this xpac isn’t primarily focused on the content side, more on the feature side. They told all of us this early on that they were just finding their feet on how they wanted to continue progressing the game. So don’t just say , oh it has 3 maps and a new class not worth it. It also comes with PLENTY of features to keep us busy for hours and hours to come.

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

But you guys go straight to the negative and assume the very worste which is you just got scammed.

Good old Hanlon’s razor.

Honestly, I couldn’t care less if it was malice or plain stupidity on Anet’s part. Why would I trust this company again and give them $50 on top of it, either way?

Even if this was a last minute call, this only shows they are unprofessional, and can’t design a product around what was already stated.

Posted by: sharkswithlazers.7632

sharkswithlazers.7632

Rabbit up, you and like-minded individuals are the people that created soon®. Realize that rather than being happy to get a big expansion that could breath a new breath into a (possibly) stagnating game that has the potential to revitalize the game altogether, you are mad because they said something (a while ago) and they did something else.

When people do this, companies realize that it’s better to say nothing and make zero commitments to anything rather than say something and change their mind. Everyone is so mad about a 10$ difference that we have losers leaving the game altogether, the forums have been on fire with all the rage from people who don’t understand the value of money and so on. OP’s right. I’ve personally invested 3,000 hours into this game.
Let’s assign a dollar value to that.

Assuming a dinner out for me costs 50$ and it takes an hour, I would have spent 150,000$ on restaurants.

Assuming a movie ticket is about 10$. The average movie length is about 2 hours. So I would have spent 15,000$ at the movies.

You get the idea. I spent 60$ on the game with some money here and there, but I have never spent even close to the amount that I might have if I had entertained myself elsewhere.

Expansions for MMOs normally cost 60$. This one is 50$. Buy it, then buy the character slot that everyone cares so much about and be satisfied. This game has produced sooo much content at no cost to the player. It’s absurd that anyone is mad right now. In truth, people could buy the ultimate edition and still have been incredibly economical with their dollars to time spent enjoying themselves ratio.

Furthermore, if you feel cheated by ANet saying that you’d need the core then changing their mind, you need to remember from here on out that when developers act super non-committal and say things like soon®, they’re doing it to avoid the nerd rage of thousands of players just like you.

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

If you’re unable to see that the playerbase is crudely being manipulated to shell out for a $100, I can’t help you.

Offering kitten entry with no option to play the new class included was always going to cause an uproar. It doesn’t matter whether you can farm up the gold. You’re being charged twice to play the content you paid for.

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

RabbitUp.8294

Realize that rather than being happy to get a big expansion that could breath a new breath into a (possibly) stagnating game that has the potential to revitalize the game altogether, you are mad because they said something (a while ago) and they did something else.

Did you see this amount of complaints before the E3? Anet originally promised that all content will be free and they weren’t planning to make an expansion.

Yet, 3 year later, they do just that. And even though they broke their promise, nobody really complains and are hyped for the new expansion. There were some grey spots here and there, but generally, the playerbase was happy.

It’s what followed that caused this uproar.

“You are mad because they said something (a while ago) and they did something else”

Are you saying it’s unreasonable to complain about a company showing how untrustworthy they can be? And then ask me to happily support them?

This is no charity. I’m a paying customer.

sharkswithlazers.7632

No, you’re not. They’ve given it free with a purchase. When you see buy one get one free at a store, it means the same kitten thing. They didn’t roll the price of one shirt (for example) to the other shirt, it’s just that when you buy one, you get the other. And the 100$ is a great deal. You get all the bonuses and the reduced priced gems.

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

snip

Thank you very much.
People just can’t appreciate all the time they spent for such little money and all the fun they had.
Everybody wants everything for free.
Imagine you are paying 70 bucks for every new Call of Duty that is 95% copy/paste and nobody cares.

I understand the problem about the character slot..I also wish I’d get one for free. But your argument about needing it for the content is invalid.
You also had to buy them in the first game to enjoy all the content if you don’t want to delete your chars, and did you cry there? No? Because it’s 100% legit.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

Entenkommando.5208

Did you see this amount of complaints before the E3? Anet originally promised that all content will be free and they weren’t planning to make an expansion.

Yet, 3 year later, they do just that. And even though they broke their promise, nobody really complains and are hyped for the new expansion. There were some grey spots here and there, but generally, the playerbase was happy.

They never said that they will make everything for free.
They said that they will provide you with free evolving story content over time instead of having it smashed in your face all at once.
But they always said that there will be expansions once the game is ready for it. And there are features that have to come with expansions. They just wanted to focus on getting the actual game good before launching a new expansion.

All we wanted was a GvG.

(edited by Entenkommando.5208)

RabbitUp.8294

When they give us information, it’s all fluid and subject to change. No one lied to you. It’s not unprofessional. The product wasn’t ready. They made tons of changes since probably just 2 months ago. This is how the process works. So when you ask them a question months before the release, don’t expect the answer to be written in blood in the form of a binding contract. kitten, just watch any of their character videos. They repeat over and over “This is subject to change, it isn’t ready yet.”

That’s not what the FAQ says.

Face it, your mentality is childish. They don’t owe you anything.

I don’t owe them my money either.

I can understand being upset if they promised a new class and decided not to. It’d be a bummer. But you weren’t given any less content. If anything, many people received MORE content with the purchase of Heart of Thorns.

If they made me pay money for a class and then didn’t deliver, I wouldn’t be upset, I would be suing them.

It was not a harmless change, they made profit out of telling new players to buy GW2 separately.
http://imgur.com/1h0wSaL.png

Remember: they aren’t just advertising Guild Wars 2 to their fanbase. Gamestops and video game vendors will be getting posters and cardboard displays. They will advertise all over trying to attract new people. There will be players who invite their friends to play as well and they wanted to entice that demographic into purchasing their game.

This is irrelevant to the discussion.

So if they make GW2 free with HoT it makes it reasonable. How many people would spend 110$ (Gw2 plus Hot) on a game that could be good, but they’ve never tried before?

I never said they shouldn’t offer HoT+GW2 for $50 for new players. Just don’t make the rest of pay for something we already own.

Oh wait, you’re gullible enough to actually believe it’s a “free gift”.

Entenkommando.5208

It is for free.

A few months ago it was in sale for only 10$ so where is your problem to believe that the price went from 10$ to 0$ now?

They also confirmed that the price of 50$ was firm, with or without the base game.

All we wanted was a GvG.

Posted by: littlemunster.1059

littlemunster.1059

Wording of the game… “Bait and switch?” Started out as expansion. Now became a full blown game…

The BG Super Munster!

Posted by: Biobasher.2619

Biobasher.2619

If you’re unable to see that the playerbase is crudely being manipulated to shell out for a $100, I can’t help you.

Offering kitten entry with no option to play the new class included was always going to cause an uproar. It doesn’t matter whether you can farm up the gold. You’re being charged twice to play the content you paid for.

I have a response to this, and it’s gonna be great, they could’ve gone with a monthly fee and you’d have paid £360 over 3 years, now, I don’t know about you, but those 3 prices look much more promising then a paid subsciption fee that they could’ve done. Along with the free content you’ve had those 3 years.

The only people who should legitimately be mad, are the ones from last week’s Point’s of Interest.

Posted by: Ambika.6257

Ambika.6257

Sharkswithlazers, your method of how you put a value on your time is exactly the way my husband and I do it, only we compare it to the amount we spend on a movie per hour because that’s our most frequent go to outside of games. Movies usually cost $10-$17 and last on average around 2 hours which ends up being on the low end of $5 an hour. So if we decide we are going to spend $50 on a game, we need to decide if we are going to spend at least 10 hours enjoying that game. The answer is frequently “YES.”

Even if the content turns out to be a quarter of what we got in the core game, I know that because it will be harder difficulty and different masteries to persue at minimum that 10 hours will come and go without even blinking. By that standard even $100 is nothing for the amount of time spent enjoying something new and progressive in a story I already love.

I think the big beef is that people don’t know how to put a value on their entertainment. Entitlement is all the rage so often times the real value of something is suddenly unfair and greedy.

Also, it’s common knowledge that all games end up dirt cheap or free for late-comers after enough time has passed or the model changes. They may get the living story stuff (after they PAY! for it) but there are skins and experiences that they will never have access to. We could argue all the live-long-day about whether or not we are paying for the free games or not, because they will never tell us and I’m pretty sure nobody here is a corporate financial guru to explain why the pricing model looks the way it does. We can guess, but we probably won’t be right.

One thing most people don’t know about is the sheer amount of time and energy game-programmers and fellow co-workers put into developing a game. Go tour one of the companies and ask questions. It’s grueling and not as stable a job as one might think. I think they are underpaid for the amount of ungrateful fans out there kittening about how terrible this and that is. It’s one of the reasons my husband went a different route in the programming world (though he still works on building his own indie game.)

All I see in every thread is:

-$50 is too much
-How come THEY get it for FREE?!? WTF!
-No extra character slot?!? Boo!

Mostly vinegar with some little specks of honey littered in. Then the honey gets pooped on by the people carrying the vinegar because, you know, the honey doesn’t stink as bad as they want it to.

RabbitUp.8294

Mostly vinegar with some little specks of honey littered in. Then the honey gets pooped on by the people carrying the vinegar because, you know, the honey doesn’t stink as bad as they want it to.

Yeah, if it wasn’t for those negative nancies. So what if the company used false advertising to rip them off? What if Anet forces them to buy something they already own? These are not valid complaints.

Funny that the EAnet apologists are actually more vocal and try to silence the rest.

Ambika.6257

Yeah, if it wasn’t for those negative nancies. So what if the company used false advertising to rip them off? What if they force them to buy something they already own? These are not valid complaints.

Funny that the EAnet apologists are actually more vocal and try to silence the rest.

You are stating the this so-called false advertising as fact. You can’t make a claim without some support. How are we being ripped off? Prove it. Show me the numbers that say we are paying for the free game.

You can’t. Because it’s a guess, an assumption. You are spouting vitriol about something you have no proof of. In fact most of the “evidence” people have is merely their interpretation of something they clearly don’t understand.

Biobasher.2619

Yeah, if it wasn’t for those negative nancies. So what if the company used false advertising to rip them off? What if Anet forces them to buy something they already own? These are not valid complaints.

It’s funny that I see you in multiple threads constantly picking and choosing sections to try get your own point through. Also, Anet’s came out and said the price wouldn’t change regardless of the core game. So jokes on you

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

It is for free.

A few months ago it was in sale for only 10$ so where is your problem to believe that the price went from 10$ to 0$ now?

They also confirmed that the price of 50$ was firm, with or without the base game.

Sales do not affect the perceived value of an item or else we’d never feel good from the fact we bought something in sale. It’s the kitten whole reason why businesses do not put stuff for a fair price but rather increase the price and put it in sale later : customers love that.

As for believing the current value of the core game is $0, yeah I do not. Although I could be convinced if I could actually acquire the core game for that price.

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

So what if they ripped you off? Continue giving them money? I stopped reading there…

Really?? Hey mugger come back you forgot to take my car?

I guess some people are just accustom to bending over with no resistance.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

RabbitUp.8294

You are stating the this so-called false advertising as fact. You can’t make a claim without some support. How are we being ripped off? Prove it. Show me the numbers that say we are paying for the free game.

The false advertising is not about the “free” game. It’s about this.

Based on their original answer, players wanting to try the expansion bought GW2 ahead of time, and Anet was more than willing to offer multiple sales during the last 4-5 months.

Also, Anet’s came out and said the price wouldn’t change regardless of the core game. So jokes on you

This just in, everything marketers tell you is the undisputed truth.

You can’t buy the core game any more, you most definitely can’t get it for free and you can’t buy the expansion by itself. You can only buy a bundle. And it’s the bundle that costs $50.

(edited by RabbitUp.8294)

Ambika.6257

The false advertising is not about the “free” game. It’s about this.

Based on their original answer, players wanting to try the expansion bought GW2 ahead of time, and Anet was more than willing to offer multiple sales during the last 4-5 months.

Also, Anet’s came out and said the price wouldn’t change regardless of the core game. So jokes on you

You can’t buy the core game any more, you most definitely can’t get it for free and you can’t buy the expansion by itself. You can only buy a bundle. And it’s the bundle that costs $50.

You can’t claim false advertising if you don’t know whether or not they had this planned from the beginning. If it was planned a week ago and made official the other day, then it’s still not false advertising because they have offered the refunds already to remedy the situation. Now that whole deal is another mess entirely where I can see some of the frustration. But again, you have no proof that it was false advertising.

RabbitUp.8294

You can’t claim false advertising if you don’t know whether or not they had this planned from the beginning. If it was planned a week ago and made official the other day, then it’s still not false advertising because they have offered the refunds already to remedy the situation. Now that whole deal is another mess entirely where I can see some of the frustration. But again, you have no proof that it was false advertising.

Of course it’s false advertising. It doesn’t matter what the reason or timing behind their change of plans is, what was initially advertised doesn’t match the final product. And there was profit to be made for Anet from this.

As for their remedy to the situation, it’s laughable. They just delete your account, and that’s only if you bought the game from Anet directly. The time you spent, the items and gold you gathered, and even the gems you bought with real money are going to waste. Some compensation. I’m sure new players will be thrilled to do business with Anet in the future.

Posted by: little ceasar.9254

little ceasar.9254

Alright veterans need to suck it up already. So what the expansion costs $50 and you have to pay another $10 to play all the content….
Or delete a character you may have invested years in by this point…….
Just spend that in game gold you’ve been saving.

Stop feeling all entitled after all Hasn’t many of the new changes have been geared toward new pla……

At least they fixed thos pesky bugs persisting since Lau….

Besides the point anyway, they get a $40 free gift, you get the happiness knowing you supported the company and had a good time doing it. You don’t deserve equal consideration. Stop feeling entitled.

Ashr [AGG]RESSION
CD→SoS→BG→ET→DB→JQ→SoS→
Mag→JQ→SoS→JQ→TC→FA→DB→FA→Mag→TC→KN

Biobasher.2619

Of course it’s false advertising. It doesn’t matter what the reason or timing behind their change of plans is, what was initially advertised doesn’t match the final product.

As for their remedy to the situation, it’s laughable. They just delete your account, and that’s only if you bought the game from Anet directly. The time you spend, the items and gold you gathered, and even the gems you bought with real money are going to waste. Some compensation. I’m sure new players will be thrilled to do business with Anet in the future.

Yes, especially if people like you are still around, oh the joys of having a community as negative as all hell! -_-

Entenkommando.5208

The communication was complete kitten there, that’s for sure.
But technically they didn’t lie to anyone.
The fact that you get the base game with the expansion still doesn’t negate the fact that you do need the base game for the expansion.

But I have to say that this is one of the few problems where I really understand people to be upset.

All we wanted was a GvG.

RabbitUp.8294

Yes, especially if people like you are still around, oh the joys of having a community as negative as all hell! -_-

It’s because of people like you we have this mess in the first place. And it’s because of the rest that refuse to just bend over to a company’s every whip that this game hasn’t gone to hell yet. We are close, though.

stof.9341

False advertising or deceptive advertising is the use of false or misleading statements in advertising

So here you are. You can have false advertising while still saying the truth. You have to admit that the FAQ was rather misleading. Proof : many players were mislead into buying the core game because they tough that specific purchase would be required of them to purchase HoT itself.

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Nobody “needs” to do anything, OP. Lots of ad hominem attacks, assumptions, and blatant attention calling. You could have posted this in the 70+ page thead that already exists for the preorder, but you decided to make yourself the center of attention instead. Check your privilege, get off your horse, and try engaging people in good faith. Nobody “needs” to do anything you say, ever.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

Ambika.6257

Of course it’s false advertising. It doesn’t matter what the reason or timing behind their change of plans is, what was initially advertised doesn’t match the final product.

As for their remedy to the situation, it’s laughable. They just delete your account, and that’s only if you bought the game from Anet directly. The time you spend, the items and gold you gathered, and even the gems you bought with real money are going to waste. Some compensation. I’m sure new players will be thrilled to do business with Anet in the future.

The problem people have with this is…kinda funny actually. And no, I don’t think it comes anywhere near false advertising like people want to believe. If they had left it up for days or weeks after posting their new number for the core+expansion then I think you MIGHT have an argument, however, it’s still questionable that you do. The difference between the two is that in one, you had to buy it alone before buying the expansion, and in the second you had to buy them together. You know the only people who can be legitimately mad at this are the ones who wanted the game to be cheaper (free) than what they just bought it for. No false advertising, as the advertising changed the same day they changed price and model, albeit a short time after first launch. Nobody even knew about this until the day the numbers and change were put up, so before this you cannot claim false advertising as they hadn’t put a price on the expansion for the customer to see. This is just nitpicking on behalf of those who want more outrage because the price point wasn’t enough of a stink.

Posted by: Alexxander.8306

Alexxander.8306

Yes anet did change their FAQ and I get that, people are mad. But you guys go straight to the negative and assume the very worste which is you just got scammed. You have no proof of this however, maybe they did just come up with it at the last second and added the core game into the HoT price. So, what if they did rip you off $7-$50, it rly isn’t that much considering the thousands of hours many of you have put in the game AND the money is just going back into the game, so what does it matter, most of you probably would of spent the money on gems anyways.
With this it makes the game so much easier for new players to get into and the vets shouldn’t be complaining. They got all of living story 2 for free(If they logged on), all of living story 1 which the new players may never get to play, all the holiday activies FOR FREE. So I dont care if they charge us $50 because with all of the stuff they have given us for free I’m willing to pay it. Not to mention that all the new players coming in will need a place to go and will possibly end up in you’re guild or friendlist.
And for the people complaining about not getting a character slot… YOU CAN GET THE GOLD IN LESS THAN 2 WEEKS. I don’t see what the problem is. And if you are a vet you will already have the money, so I dont see the problem on why you can’t purchase a character slot in game.
People also need to realize that this xpac isn’t primarily focused on the content side, more on the feature side. They told all of us this early on that they were just finding their feet on how they wanted to continue progressing the game. So don’t just say , oh it has 3 maps and a new class not worth it. It also comes with PLENTY of features to keep us busy for hours and hours to come.

Proof is that the scam occurred lol… are u ok op? Cause like, this appears hardly even debatable by US consumer law standards, and ours are pretty business-sided. I think YOU should pay the $50 and stay with the sinking ship, and I will move to another game unless Anet fixes their mess up.

Ambika.6257

Also, if they were still offering the old price point for just the core game while also offering the free+expanded version while their FAQ remained the same it would be a much bigger problem. But really, not a big deal as it stands because anyone who decided to read the FAQ that day and then bought the game at the new price point obviously decided it was a good deal.

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I just want a stand alone HoT upgrade for the gw2 core game I already have. I don’t need anything fancy. Just some logic. Owait from anet that’ll cost 50$

sharkswithlazers.7632

Omg wow Ambika, you nailed it! I loved your reply. My wife and I do that, when we value an item of entertainment, we ask ourselves how much time will we enjoy it vs the cost of the activity/item/whatever. Video games are frequently cost efficient and we aren’t stingy with putting money on them. This expansion will probably contribute to thousands of hours of gameplay. It would have to be absurdly expensive before we would decide to not buy it. We both got the Ultimate Expansion.

Biobasher.2619

Omg wow Ambika, you nailed it! I loved your reply. My wife and I do that, when we value an item of entertainment, we ask ourselves how much time will we enjoy it vs the cost of the activity/item/whatever. Video games are frequently cost efficient and we aren’t stingy with putting money on them. This expansion will probably contribute to thousands of hours of gameplay. It would have to be absurdly expensive before we would decide to not buy it. We both got the Ultimate Expansion.

You’re not the only one, if it looks like I’m going to be playing a while, which I certainly will be, I’ll buy it. I just feel that most of these so called “Veterans” also known as “Whiny pricks who believe they have some sort of entitlement because they bought the game first”(at least the ones who are constantly having a go about HoT and the lack of a character slot). The core game with the expansion’s a great idea, it insentivises to get new players in, and more players = more money, and more money goes on to become more content. We win in the long run, it’s just sad to see some people can’t see anything beyond their noses.

Ambika.6257

Hey thanks sharkswithlazers! Yeah, it’s also a reason we don’t ever do subscription based games because they tend to be ridiculously expensive when you go through times where you aren’t playing as much.

Ambika.6257

You’re not the only one, if it looks like I’m going to be playing a while, which I certainly will be, I’ll buy it. I just feel that most of these so called “Veterans” also known as “Whiny pricks who believe they have some sort of entitlement because they bought the game first”(at least the ones who are constantly having a go about HoT and the lack of a character slot). The core game with the expansion’s a great idea, it insentivises to get new players in, and more players = more money, and more money goes on to become more content. We win in the long run, it’s just sad to see some people can’t see anything beyond their noses.

This is so true! It’s amazing that people have forgotten how empty the maps were and then complained about it. Then they condensed the map populations worked and they complained about it. Now they are trying to pull in more people to play with and all they hear is “free for new players.” I’m embarrassed for them!

Biobasher.2619

This is so true! It’s amazing that people have forgotten how empty the maps were and then complained about it. Then they condensed the map populations worked and they complained about it. Now they are trying to pull in more people to play with and all they hear is “free for new players.” I’m embarrassed for them!

Yeah, in the long run everyone gets benefitted from it, newbies experience the game, current players get more content and probably at a faster pace because, at least from a buisness stand point. More money can go into paying the development team. And the dev’s go home with a salary. Ofc, nobody thinks outside of the cardboard box apparently.

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Realize that rather than being happy to get a big expansion that could breath a new breath into a (possibly) stagnating game that has the potential to revitalize the game altogether, you are mad because they said something (a while ago) and they did something else.

It’s what followed that caused this uproar.

“You are mad because they said something (a while ago) and they did something else”

Are you saying it’s unreasonable to complain about a company showing how untrustworthy they can be? And then ask me to happily support them?

This is no charity. I’m a paying customer.

Did they actually use the word “Promise”?? or people just took what they said and made it into a promise? I thought the announcement was over hyped for the next Living season. Then I started to read around some and poke my head into forums.

Who asked for an expansion? Many Players did.
Was the free Living story enough to keep the players playing this game? NO

They had to change or risk losing a lot of players.

Side note: My ex girlfriend and many ex’s before those promised me they would be with me forever. People should just stop making promises cause not many can actually keep them.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

dml.9764

Sorry dude, you can still buy guild wars 2 by itself.
https://www.g2a.com/guild-wars-2-heroic-edition-cd-key-eu-us-1.html

dml.9764

Proof is that the scam occurred lol… are u ok op? Cause like, this appears hardly even debatable by US consumer law standards, and ours are pretty business-sided. I think YOU should pay the $50 and stay with the sinking ship, and I will move to another game unless Anet fixes their mess up.

Of course i’m fine, if you dont wanna drop $50 on it don’t do it. I’m just stating facts that people go straight to negative and this was perfectly legal. So no point in even arguing that

Posted by: hibari.9836

hibari.9836

Perhaps, OP, you can get the gold in less than two weeks. That is a reflection of your play style and what you do in game.

I cannot get the gold in less than two weeks without making huge changes to how I play, and playing in ways that are not enjoyable to me (and which would run totally counter to the “no-grind philosophy” which is part of the promise made by ANet for GW2).

Don’t make the mistake of assuming that everyone plays the way you play.

Posted by: hibari.9836

hibari.9836

The fact that various resellers are continuing to sell their old stock of the game in no way changes the fact that, aside from old stock, you can only buy a bundle.

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

So, what if they did rip you off $7-$50, it rly isn’t that much considering…

Are you kidding me? So what if rip off your car you’ve had for 3 years. It really isn’t that much when you think about all the use you’ve gotten out of it…

Another account less than 24hrs old comes in to defend the indefensible with a pathetic argument. Sorry if I seem a little bit suspicious.

BG

RabbitUp.8294

Anet doesn’t sell you GW2 by itself anymore and resellers want to make profit.

Fun fact, those that did buy from a retailer will receive no compensation from Anet for the FAQ change.

Posted by: Koviko.3248

Koviko.3248

Everyone is so mad about a 10$ difference that we have losers leaving the game altogether

It’s not just $10. It’s EVERYONE’S $10. It’s an extra 20% profit margin for what? Less content?

Even WoW increased the amount of character slots people got per server when they released expansions.

Pretty Pixie.8603

I have a response to this, and it’s gonna be great, they could’ve gone with a monthly fee and you’d have paid £360 over 3 years, now, I don’t know about you, but those 3 prices look much more promising then a paid subsciption fee that they could’ve done. Along with the free content you’ve had those 3 years.

The only people who should legitimately be mad, are the ones from last week’s Point’s of Interest.

They didn’t go with an alternative payment method. Your hypotheticals are moot. I will therefore judge the preorder as is. Please don’t assume you get to decide who’s allowed to be mad. It’s arrogant and condescending.

Pretty Pixie.8603

Everyone is so mad about a 10$ difference that we have losers leaving the game altogether

That’s not an accurate representation of the complete argument. Those ‘losers’ are customers. Good riddance, right?

Posted by: Blackworm.2167

Blackworm.2167

Say we’re playing some generic MMO, waiting outside a room filled with enemies within a raid dungeon. I’m planning all of what we’re going to do in my head, I have it all thought out. Then I suddenly rush in without warning and die.
Was it my fault I died because I didn’t say anything and just acted, or is it your fault I died because I had this all planned out already and you didn’t follow the plan?

Also, no. They did not offer refunds. More false information-spreading.

GW1 – Dervish / Warrior –
GW2 – Borlis Pass – Revenant & Warrior –
Steam Profile

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Say we’re playing some generic MMO, waiting outside a room filled with enemies within a raid dungeon. I’m planning all of what we’re going to do in my head, I have it all thought out. Then I suddenly rush in without warning and die.
Was it my fault I died because I didn’t say anything and just acted, or is it your fault I died because I had this all planned out already and you didn’t follow the plan?

Also, no. They did not offer refunds. More false information-spreading.

As long as you yell LEEEROOOOYYYY JENKINSSSSS it is not your fault..

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Entenkommando.5208

It’s not just $10. It’s EVERYONE’S $10. It’s an extra 20% profit margin for what? Less content?

Even WoW increased the amount of character slots people got per server when they released expansions.

It is not everyone’s money. It would have been 50$ with and without the core game.
6 months ago you got gw2 for 10 bucks, so why is it that hard to believe that it’s for free now?
That’s like buying some beer with a free bottle opener as marketing and asking to get the beer on discount instead because you already have one. That makes no sense.

All we wanted was a GvG.

stof.9341

That’s like buying some beer with a free bottle opener as marketing and asking to get the beer on discount instead because you already have one. That makes no sense.

A better analogy is asking for a discount cause I already have an opener, getting refused, buying the beer anyway and then the vendor snatches back the opener because “you don’t need it, you already have one”