Pre-Purchase Community Address

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

you know what i find fascinating ? Dota 2, according to steam stats, they have a daily peak attendance of +800K audience, and you can verify this by the steam app – Under the store link there is a stats link that shows you the game attendance stats, updated every 48 hours ….even when grandtheft auto came out and spiked in audience – dota2 held on strong as if gta v was irrelevant….

I never played the game before I saw that stat sheet, i’ve never seen an ad, I played it – hated it ….and even though it’s free, i deleted it. Guildwars is infinitely superior ….

how does a game like that get so insanely popular ? with little to no promotion ?
sure, it’s an e-sport, but from what I understand, it didn’t start that way.
while the game isn’t better , it sure seems the players are very happy and supportive of it.

whats even crazier, is their forum has thousands upon thousands of threads …not 1 locked ….and some of them blatantly complaining about the game lol
fascinating – (in spock voice )

might be interesting to start a thread on their forum "what does this game have that gw2 doesn’t ? "

it’s crazy, watching the fights on youtube looks like the old Hero’s ascent fights.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

(edited by Ricky.4706)

Posted by: Kicaanu.9145

Kicaanu.9145

While I am really happy that Anet has addressed the issue, I agree with a couple of people here regarding the usefulness of a character slot for all vets. I already have more than enough character slots so an extra one doesn’t give me any extra value – 800 gems would have been a better alternative that can be used for people in all sorts of situations.

Posted by: Zyme.1492

Zyme.1492

Get me straight, you got the game on sell for 75% off ( 10 bucks iirc? ), and now is complaining?

k, moving on, nothing worth to see here.

So get me straight.

Because I bought the core game on sale I am not entitled to the same amount of character slots as you?

If I buy a new AAA game at release it costs more than buying it 2 years later, but it’s still the same game. Hell, I even get GOTY editions and get all DLCs for less than release price.

Logic.

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

I’m guessing you didn’t buy from the official store? If you did you can get a full refund on the base game if you pre-purchase the expansion.

You mean I should erase 6 months of work on my main account?

Nothx. Then I rather quit the game.

Not true. They clearly said all progress remains if you upgrade and take advantage of the offer.

For all players who purchased the Guild Wars 2 core game from our website and registered it between January 23, 2015 and June 16, 2015 in anticipation of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns, we will automatically refund what you paid for the core game should you decide to pre-purchase Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns from our website or in-game store any time through July 31, 2015. If you take advantage of this refund and pre-purchase Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns, all of your current account progress will be kept intact.

I missed that bolded part when I read it originally, that’s a pretty stand up move for them.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

You bought the game before Jan 23rd so if you pre-purchase HoT you will get a character slot. But only if you pre-purchase and apply it by July 31st.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: TigrisMorte.4016

TigrisMorte.4016

… I AM however against them saying that the free character slot is a “loyalty reward”. It is not a reward for loyalty since you can ONLY get it if you pre-purchase. No pre-purchase = no reward = nothing to do with loyalty.

Why don’t veterans get a free character slot if they don’t pre-purchase HoT?

What they HAVE done is just disingenuous and discredits the company’s image.

Sorry, loyalty does not mean “long time player”, it means “existing player that buys our new product.”
This is a normal business definition and if you are expecting to get something without buying something else you are not after a “loyalty reward”.

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

Lol. No doubt that the community is 100% to blame for the ‘free’ character slot here. But conceited much?

If I said that everyone should never complain about anything ArenaNet does, I would only be smothering any kind of construtive feedback. I have often read the claim that there is no constructive feedback in this forum and so that no one should complain about anything, but this situation – and the fact ArenaNet reacted thanks to what the players said – is the perfect example of something that was only achieved because players told ArenaNet something was wrong.

This is an important lesson for some people.

Posted by: TigrisMorte.4016

TigrisMorte.4016

I am tempted to quote the parable of the workers here, " https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parable_of_the_Workers_in_the_Vineyard "
I understand how some folks think they should get a cheaper price on the expansion, and perhaps marketing should have thought that through. But I am happy they have my money and hope everyone comes back to feeling they got a fair deal.
I bought from the official store after 20150123 and got the expansion with no expectation of consideration. Had a great time leading up to presale and am happy to have paid for the work I enjoyed.

Random.4691

you know what i find fascinating ? Dota 2, according to steam stats, they have a daily peak attendance of +800K audience, and you can verify this by the steam app – Under the store link there is a stats link that shows you the game attendance stats, updated every 48 hours ….even when grandtheft auto came out and spiked in audience – dota2 held on strong as if gta v was irrelevant….

I never played the game before I saw that stat sheet, i’ve never seen an ad, I played it – hated it ….and even though it’s free, i deleted it. Guildwars is infinitely superior ….

how does a game like that get so insanely popular ? with little to no promotion ?
sure, it’s an e-sport, but from what I understand, it didn’t start that way.
while the game isn’t better , it sure seems the players are very happy and supportive of it.

whats even crazier, is their forum has thousands upon thousands of threads …not 1 locked ….and some of them blatantly complaining about the game lol
fascinating – (in spock voice )

might be interesting to start a thread on their forum "what does this game have that gw2 doesn’t ? "

Quick matches that require team work. You could argue that SPvP also has quick matches that require team work but it’s not the same. I don’t and never have played Dota but I have played LoL and even its simplicity I find it more entertaining from a small match perspective then SPvP. That’s just one mans opinion, TBH I also found GW1 5 man arenas more entertaining than SPvP. I don’t know what it is about SPvP but it’s missing something.

Ricky.4706

it’s missing strategy, a unique – this is my own custom, one of a kind attack. it’s not possible to be a pvp celeb if you fight like everyone else. the gw1 arenas had that ….I had my own custom random fights blend…i had a lot of pride in it ……it was one of those things where you shared a winning recipe with pride. in fact, I have a necro pvp only character …that i had since the game launched and just kept tweaking builds till i had a signature build.

In gw2 – i use a greatsword. and that’s pretty much that.

my signature strategy to a new player wanting to know how i do it …..
“keep attacking, and dodge alot”

pve secret formula for soloing boss’s
“keep attacking and dodge alot”

The best pvp guild in game, how do they do it ?
“get on skype, keep attacking and dodge alot”

any special combos maybe ?

“everything has cooldowns and is pretty much self explanatory, just hit them when they become available, and dodge a lot”

oh, 1 more thing. and this is important.

Don’t get hit.
-pats noob on head-

Good luck!

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

(edited by Ricky.4706)

Random.4691

I’d say that’s part of it but there is more to it. I should have said it’s missing a bunch of somethings. Silly class balance also plays a part imo, look at the MM Necro (may have been changed haven’t SpvP’d in awhile) it took zero skill, I’m sure in a high end match they weren’t as big of an issue but for your average player, there is nothing more frustrating then being utterly destroyed by a class that doesn’t actually require the player to do anything.

Ricky.4706

well, it depends who has the zerker build and the heavier armor….and who runs faster and dodges alot lol – amirite?

a gw1 necro build would make a gw2 thief cry. even as a level 20 vs a level 80…ascended.
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/List_of_necromancer_skills

if you really, honestly, and truly wanted to make this vet happy………… ^.^

#bringdatbeatback

(edited by Ricky.4706)

Ricky.4706

gw1 55 monk level 20 vs a gw2 warrior level 80

who’d win ? ( i dread the thought of any new anet developer saying “whats a fifty five monk?” )

it doesn’t have to be the same exact system, but it needs to allow the user to really tweak his build to his own unique personal touch. he needs to be unique to watch, not just in skins but in fighting styles / tactics / strategy – players and teams need to be study-able, just like they were in gvg matches. it shouldn’t be you’ve seen one fight, you’ve seen them all.

( and i didn’t mean to overlook the female pvp’rs ….or “hers” some of yall are mean and I have the respect to add this :p )

(edited by Ricky.4706)

Random.4691

Wouldn’t dual classing once again have been a lot of fun. The balancing would be a nightmare but non the less, I do miss the dual classing

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

Given the price of other MMOs including the upfront cost and the monthly subscriptions for some of them like WoW, I just don’t think it’s unreasonable for ANet to ask you to spend more than $60 total on a game that they’ve been putting years of work into. You paid $10 when the accounts were on sale then you’ll pay $50 for the expansion.

You’re getting a heck of a deal, friend. If you didn’t plan to spend even $10 more on the game ever again I’d say they’re not losing much. Not quite even 6 months playing the game and you don’t have an alt you could sacrifice if you really wanna play Revenant? You can’t have made that much significant progress on all 5 characters.

If you have then just spend 100 gold on buying a character slot.

Ricky.4706

despite my frustrations, i’m trying to be somewhat nice lol i could say a whooole lot, but i do care very much about anet, so I say enough :p

with that said, the best thing I can think of at the moment is

Dear Anet,

I just want you to be a greater you, not a different you…I already liked you a lot. -segway to billy joel song-

(edited by Ricky.4706)

Random.4691

Given the price of other MMOs including the upfront cost and the monthly subscriptions for some of them like WoW, I just don’t think it’s unreasonable for ANet to ask you to spend more than $60 total on a game that they’ve been putting years of work into. You paid $10 when the accounts were on sale then you’ll pay $50 for the expansion.

You’re getting a heck of a deal, friend. If you didn’t plan to spend even $10 more on the game ever again I’d say they’re not losing much. Not quite even 6 months playing the game and you don’t have an alt you could sacrifice if you really wanna play Revenant? You can’t have made that much significant progress on all 5 characters.

That’s a pretty hard argument to make, the reason so many games have gone F2P with cash shops in recent years is that it has proven to be profitable then a monthly sub. Anet knew this from GW1, they make their money don’t doubt that for a second.

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

Where is the evidence?

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

You bought the game before Jan 23rd so if you pre-purchase HoT you will get a character slot. But only if you pre-purchase and apply it by July 31st.

Read OP more closely next time there is no were on this earth were 25th of january 2015 is before 23 january 2015.

If he/she want they can upgrade to hot basic edition for free by talking to support if they bought through their homepage.

If from amazon or other 3rd party retailer they get a char slot added to their hot edition just like veterans do.

Edit

Abit confused were is the two sales op is complaning about his/her 1 account.

(edited by Linken.6345)

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

I refuse to buy an expansion pack without more character slots. Playing for almost 6 months I already maxed them and I need more to play Revenant. I’m not gonna put out €
75 to get another slot.

The blog post states “For all players who registered the core Guild Wars 2® game prior to January 23, 2015 and who upgrade their account by prepurchasing and registering any Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns edition before Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns‘ launch, we will add one additional character slot to your Guild Wars 2 account.”

I started playing January 25, 2015 and my friend a few weeks later.

Thanks for clarifying that we wont be buying this expansion until it goes on sale.

Its sad that someone who only recently started playing this game is already decided that since he cannot be refunded he wont buy the expansion. Lol, ive been playing GW1 since 05, i’ve never been there spokesperson, in fact ive hated a lot of things they did in the past, but well i’m still here, played gw2 since first beta, still here.

I’ve done pretty much all the content this game allows, name it i did it, and will continue to play this game when expansion comes out, even before the extra character slot that anet is giving away to prepurchase holders, i was decided to play the expansion because hands down gw2 is the most bang for your buck when it comes to mmo’s.

Buy to play, no monthly subs, one time purchase and over 7k hours played(i dont afk i log off when i do), i could never name any other game that had me spend this many hours for a one time purchase. So if your gonna try to make a scene that your not buying the expansion because you weren’t refunded then thats your decision, but you won’t change other peoples minds in here. I wouldn’t even be surprised that you will end up buying it sometime in the future, alot of this kind of posts are only trying to get attention but in the end they end up playing the game since its still the best deal in the mmo scene.

Gudlck, i’m just putting my 2cents here, as a REAL gw2 vet, still here through the ups and downs, not someone who just bandwagons on hype.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Lol. No doubt that the community is 100% to blame for the ‘free’ character slot here. But conceited much?

If I said that everyone should never complain about anything ArenaNet does, I would only be smothering any kind of construtive feedback. I have often read the claim that there is no constructive feedback in this forum and so that no one should complain about anything, but this situation – and the fact ArenaNet reacted thanks to what the players said – is the perfect example of something that was only achieved because players told ArenaNet something was wrong.

This is an important lesson for some people.

Yes but as negative as you have been on the forum the name for his char should be Test was right for once

Edit
But then again why should you get all the fame there wasent like Test was the only one who was right this time.

Want all of us others to stand in the background with T-shirts saying I was as right as Test but all I got was this bloody T-shirt

(edited by Linken.6345)

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Man, for vets, you guys seem to fall into more traps and pitfalls than a n00b.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I actually was looking at playing other games if Anet was not not going to look after the Veteran’s. But since they reconsidered I am staying and going to pre-order.
I like the game and the $50 will not only give us some new maps ( which I don;t care about) but pay for the new content.

My only concern is after reading the Business Model we will be doing this again in 2-3 years.

Vayne.8563
But they’ve told you, from now on, everyone who buys the expansion is going to get all the previous versions. There’s no reason for you to play the game now and protest in 3 years time. Anet was completely transparent about this.

Fare enough. And when the time comes, if new players get a better deal then the people that made them successful I will have no no problem is moving to a new game.

Note: All the major magazines and independent media blogs support my view.

All major magazines and media blogs do not support your view. But that’s okay. Believe what you want. If WoW and EQ and GW 2 are doing in, in 3 years it’’ll be the norm. Not because you’re getting less, but because there’s no practical way for an MMO to function in this competitive marketplace.

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

Yes, it is free forever. You can continue to play the game you bought, Guild Wars 2 forever. Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns is a separate registered trademark. A separate game that expands the game you are now playing.

But it doesn’t stop you from playing the game you purchased for free.

This should always be written (without paying more).

Nothing is free that was purchased, even if GW2 is now worthless.

I’m glad many are happy about the character slot I’m sure 20 million people are pre purchasing the game as we speak.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

(edited by Aidenwolf.5964)

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

See you when you try to play LS season 2 (*evil grin)

Leo G.4501

See you when you try to play LS season 2 (*evil grin)

I don’t get it. I already played through LS 2 and some of 1 (missed the last half).

Posted by: Alexxander.8306

Alexxander.8306

I bought the game in February, I have all my char slots filled and have 3 level 80s. I supported Anet via the gem store. If I read the blog correctly, I don’t get a character slot with kitten stand alone game?

I still have no incentive to not make an alt account, or am I missing something? The problem is I am newer than what Anet considers a veteran player, but I am within the “refund” time. However, I have already put time into my toons.

As it stands it appears that my options are basically.

1. Pay an added fee for the privilege to use content I pay for in HoT
2. Delete my account and lose the time I spent making my level 80s for a refund
3. Wait till G2A sale for HoT
4. Abandon GW2

Why not just give GW2 owners a character slot? Is it so hard to give a character slot to an expansion that boasts about having a class as a primary feature?

“If you take advantage of this refund and pre-purchase Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns, all of your current account progress will be kept intact. "

Directly from the blog post.

So… you can get your refund for the base game (if u bought it from the website, anyway). Then pre-purchase HoT, which will give you the base game back, and access to the expansion without losing any of your current progress. Then you can take the money from your refund and buy that character slot if you would like to make a rev.

Ahhhh i get it now. okay. i guess ill do that.

ZeftheWicked.3076

I mean new players have to buy it to play it.

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

If ArenaNet had just said “this is the revised offer: vets get free slot with pre-purchase”, and not added the misleading, disingenuous BS about “veteran loyalty” then I wouldn’t have made this thread.

Even without saying the words “veteran loyalty”, veteran loyalty is implied by your suggestion of them saying “this is the revised offer: vets get free slot with pre-purchase”.

A reward for vets is a reward for veterans who remain loyal to the game by prepurchasing.

I think you’re just caught up on the wording. They made this new offer in response to large outcry from veterans about not getting a reward for their loyalty.

By bringing up “veteran loyalty” in their community address they’re saying, hey yeah you’re right we’re gonna give you something for being loyal customers and sticking with the game for so long.

Just coming out and saying, “oh yeah, so we revised the offer and current accounts can get an extra slot” could just as easily come across as a quick shushing of the complainers. “Here take your character slot and move on, thanks.”

Any kind of statement they make could be interpreted a few different ways. Both good and bad.

It’s never been about getting something for being loyal, it about existing players getting a much worse deal than new players, for the same money.

downed state is bad for PVP

Leo G.4501

I actually liked the method they delivered LS2 in (and i had to purchase it btw). I wouldnt mind more content released like that and distrubuted in a similar fashion. Like a campaign about settling issues of the arcane council (asura) that rewards hero points and you have tobuy it from the gem store. Could be more morally ambiguous stories that portray your character some other way (dare i say ruthless or villainous?) and its your choice to participate in such story.

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

Ever heard of pre-order bonuses? Same concept.

Prepurchasers already get beta access,that’s enough of a bonus.

It’s also about fairness.- why should vets who don’t prepurchase get such a worse deal than new players for the same money? Why should vets subsidise new players?

downed state is bad for PVP

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

As a vet I do not in the least feel as if I have been misled. This could be because I am immune to PRSpeak due to my advanced state of cynicism. Honestly, for a corporation that is aimed at profits (as ALL of them are), ANet:

• Puts its foot in its mouth a lot.
  • Attempts to be responsive and fair more often than not.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Pre-purchase HoT, and after you get a refund for your original game, you can use that money to buy a char slot.

Do this. Simple and nothing lost.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

What we have here is another victim of the dreaded affliction, called “belief that PRSpeak is actually supposed to mean anything.” People would do well to analyze situations based on what is actually happening rather than what is said. So, what’s happening is: the extra slot is only a bonus for vets who prepurchase, not a bonus for vets; it’s also a prepurchase incentive. When one looks at the imminent arrival of the end of Q2, 2015, one can see that more revenue before the end of the quarter is probably a good thing in the eyes of the parent, publicly-held company.

Posted by: Alexxander.8306

Alexxander.8306

Pre-purchase HoT, and after you get a refund for your original game, you can use that money to buy a char slot.

Do this. Simple and nothing lost.

Indeed. I got an easy $10 out of this game. I cant complain about this deal, provided HoT has more than the tiny revealed but Im sure it will.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

It’s really not. If you introduce a new class, you should provide a character slot so your existing playerbase that has no available slots isn’t inconvenienced by buying your new product.

Pre-order bonuses are great. Making the bonus something the average player expects regardless is silly.

Very much this.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

This is like Trion’s Archeage debacle all over again. It’s just leaving players feeling salty, and even those who are fine with the pre-purchase, have to hear about this constantly. It left the community in a wounded state, which is sad.

As a veteran who doesn’t want to pre-purchase, i’m given two choices.

1. Pre-purchase within a time limit, to get a “loyalty” perk.
2. Buy it later, without a “loyalty” perk.

I guess this means their generosity is only temporary, and our loyalty is treated as such.

I shouldn’t be surprised though, because most of their content was temporary anyway, and veterans have always been pushed to the side for new players.

I’ll just feel bad for the new players of today, who will be treated as temporary vets in the future.

(edited by nexxe.7081)

Posted by: Quintuplebeta.3914

Quintuplebeta.3914

Is this post actually ****ing serious? We got something FREE FOR NO EXTRA COST. You can still pre purchase the game so stop complaining. Either play it or don’t.

To Mods: Please close this thread.

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

So.

This is a supposed picture of the back cover of the HoT box (it is from a well trusted if not the most trusted online retailer in my country).

https://cdgalaxis.hu/termekkepek/hatlap/pcg/pcg_guild_wars_2_heart_of_thorns_standard_edition_pre_purchase_v1506.jpg

No mention on it of new PvE maps, “challenging group content”, PvP or WvW. If this cover is real then… this won’t end well.

ZeftheWicked.3076

It is serious, as is the issue. It’s long industry standard to provide ingame means to play new payed content when there’s a serious chance players won’t be able to by default (full slots).

This is about principle and our interest.

1. Before – no cash shops, character slots for new classes bundled with x-pac.
2. Today – cash shops, gotta fight tooth and claw to get a slot as a pre-purchase bonus to the standard package.
3. Tommorow? – 1st day DLC with x-pacs? two new professions and 0 character slots in any of packages? branching story behind paywall?

I get they want money, but get that they’re not on our side of the fence. If we don’t oppose this and make sure that quality stays high, and cashgrab attempts are curbed, it’ll turn into next activision-bli$$ard.

If they want more money, they need to provide us more value, and not more marketing tricks.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Prepurchasers already get beta access,that’s enough of a bonus.

It’s also about fairness.- why should vets who don’t prepurchase get such a worse deal than new players for the same money? Why should vets subsidise new players?

Veterans are not subsidizing new players. The expansion was going to be $50 regardless as to whether the free bonus core game was included for new players or not. There’s nothing wrong with marketing promotions towards a specific segment of customers. Do you get upset when military veterans gets deals that you cannot? Do you get upset when senior citizens get deals that you cannot?

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

The entitlement people have is unbelievable. Lolol

Posted by: ArmoredVehicle.2849

ArmoredVehicle.2849

You can always buy a slot with in game gold. Few days doing dungeons.

Posted by: vocrixis.5632

vocrixis.5632

I refuse to buy an expansion pack without more character slots. Playing for almost 6 months I already maxed them and I need more to play Revenant. I’m not gonna put out €
75 to get another slot.

The blog post states “For all players who registered the core Guild Wars 2® game prior to January 23, 2015 and who upgrade their account by prepurchasing and registering any Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns edition before Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns‘ launch, we will add one additional character slot to your Guild Wars 2 account.”

I started playing January 25, 2015 and my friend a few weeks later.

Thanks for clarifying that we wont be buying this expansion until it goes on sale.

Know all the details they are offering before you whine. They are giving a refund of 39.99 for jan-june 2015 of the core game. Buy the expansion for $50, so really $10 after your refund, take the money you get refunded, and buy the kitten slot. = no difference.

Vayne.8563

of course. but where is the detailed info on what you get for $50? currently it’s a PVE zone , 1 class, and the elite specs, most of which haven’t even been announced. That’s it. That doesn’t seem like $50 of content to me at this point.

Not a PvE zone. A PvE area, which contains more than one zone. We don’t know how many yet. Some people are claiming 3. There may or may not be more than that. And those zones have multiple biomes, making them richer maps than other flat maps. There’s also masteries and guild halls, one of which gives level 80 horizontal progression and can be built upon (which people asked for). Guild Hall, of course, people have been asking for since launch.

And legendary precursor crafting plus new legendaries. Also a continuation of the living story.

There’s far more here than just a new class and specializations.

Posted by: vocrixis.5632

vocrixis.5632

As well all your account stiff will stay in tact, no having to restart. That would just be dumb.

Vayne.8563

Even after that blog post I still don’t feel too hot(pun intended) about the expansion pack. Form what we’ve seen and hear so far from anet it doesn’t seem like much content yet it has a 50.00 base price, unless this expansion is up to caliber with expansions like WoW and FF14 then it’s not even worth it tbh. We need Anet to reveal more about the content coming to HoT so I can finally set my mind at ease(or disappointment).

I disagree with this. I think that it doesn’t have to be as much content as a WoW expansion because for the last content free year in WoW, people are paying $15 a month for nothing, and then paying $50 for an expansion that people were done with in a couple of months anyway. This to me is not really a good value.

By contrast, people bought Guild Wars 2 for $60 and got hundreds and hundreds (if not thousands) of hours out of it without paying more.

HoT is the entry gate to the new area. You can wait until more content comes out that feeds off HoT if you like until it becomes worth it, but I’ll be there from the beginning, gaining the new currencies, working on the new legendaries, unlocking my guild hall, leveling my masteries, so when stuff is added, I’m not hopelessly backlogged.

Posted by: Pyriel.4370

Pyriel.4370

I understand why the OP is angry, I really do. Unfortunately Anet cannot really change prices as people have already pre-ordered and the character slot is probably the best solution apart from giving out a character slot with the HoT standard.

You were able to get the game on a sale that was VERY low considering what Veterans had paid.

The idea behind Jan 23rd 2015 is players who were already playing prior to HoT’s announcement and subsequent hype.

It is your choice whether to purchase or not though I understand why you wouldn’t. It is just one of those things now.

ZeftheWicked.3076

I’m worried about the amount of content in Heart of Maguuma. This (along with release date) is the make or break for majority of players starved for information. I’m not even expecting betas there yet, or videos. Just plain old fashion statement like "we’re working on [insert number here] amount of zones, each with it’s 3 biomes.

Given they’re awfully silent on the matter i’m not too optymistic.

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

I skimmed it and it seems this wasn’t laid out clearly so I’ll just state it right out:

“For all players who purchased the Guild Wars 2 core game from our website and registered it between January 23, 2015 and June 16, 2015 in anticipation of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns, we will automatically refund what you paid for the core game should you decide to pre-purchase Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns from our website or in-game store any time through July 31, 2015. "

Basically: If you Preorder HoT, you get your $10 back and you keep your account.

It’s BETTER than what the vets get because you get the value of that character slot in CASH. You can still get the character slot with it if you want. Or whatever else you like. Because cash.

The refund system isn’t fully in place yet so you won’t get it right away, though.