Your ideal party comp for the first raid

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Eight Samurai.6840

Eight Samurai.6840

Let’s hear your ideas about you think will be the best party composition to beat the Vale Guardian in the first wing of the first raid. Mine would be:

2 PS warriors/berserkers- for party buffs with banners and might stacking along with physical damage.
1 Chronomancer- For timewarp and alacrity.
2 Herald- for descent DPS and also 50% boon duration for allies
2 Engis- preferably in sinisters or vipers stats for massive condi damage.
2 elementalist- for condi damange/tiny bit of support
1 druid- mostly for some party support/healing

Side note, I don’t know too much about condi or best professions for it but this would be my ideal setup based on the knowledge I have.

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

I think having b2 of each of PS warriors and Heralds is a little overkill since both can stack might very effectively, so I might recommend switching one PS out for someone who can better utilize the support they will receive, like a Shiro-zerker Revenant who can lay on the damage. That said, PS can stack more than a herald can unless the herald is completely decked out in boon duration gear so that’s more about what you want than anything else (though heralds can provide fury better than any warrior). I think exchanging an Ele or an Engineer for a Reaper would be good. That vulnerability stack will improve everyone elses life and you’ve already got a fair amount of condition damage.

EDIT: Condition engineers are also hard to play right, so you might have better luck switching one out for a Berserker Warrior for tons of Burns and crit.

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

10 MM Necros with Minion Army Build surely would be a hell alot of fun

On a more serious not:

My Group would go rather this way out:

1 Thief/Daredavil for Group Stealth, On Demand Might Stacking through Fields, On Domand CC Burst
1 Elementalist/Tempest for AoE DPS, Condi Damage, Heal Support, Elemental Weapons for Burst DPS through Frostbow and Fiery Greatsword
1 Engineer/Scrapper for Condi Damage/ Heal/Boon Support
1 Herald for Condi Damage/ Boon Support
2 Chronomancers for Timewarp, Alacrity, Condition Damage, Group Stealth
1 Druid for Range DPS/ Healing
1 Warrior/Berserker for DPS and Banners
1 Guardian for Tanking, Condi Cleanse, Might Stacking
1 Necro/reaper for DPS, Condition Control, CC Support

I set more on a balanced troop that will make profit from the synergy of having from basically having each class with you.
This paired with practically constant quickness and alacrity from 2 Chronomancers will be I think work out very good.
The ten people should be also able to play multiple builds so that the group can be together outside of combat as versatile as possible to be adept to adept their shared group build to the most optimal demanded gameplay build to overcome via group synergy anything that raids will throw at us.

I’m pretty sure, that raids in gw2 will be designed afte it anyways, that pretty mucgh with any group combination you can be successful and that no class will be useless there, so that you will get most likely with a balanced build the best results with the help of the synergies from all classes together, what is something, that is only for the first tiem now possible to play out in a PvE setting thats not a mass word boss battle in raids, where we have have groups large enough to have every class with you, but small enoiugh, that battles aren’t just mass battles where every player skill becomes from a certain point on irrelevant, when just the mass can dps enemies down in no time

We’ll see it tommorrow, when lots of groups will storm in for the first time into the Spirit Vale

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Posted by: Eight Samurai.6840

Eight Samurai.6840

I think having b2 of each of PS warriors and Heralds is a little overkill since both can stack might very effectively, so I might recommend switching one PS out for someone who can better utilize the support they will receive, like a Shiro-zerker Revenant who can lay on the damage. That said, PS can stack more than a herald can unless the herald is completely decked out in boon duration gear so that’s more about what you want than anything else (though heralds can provide fury better than any warrior). I think exchanging an Ele or an Engineer for a Reaper would be good. That vulnerability stack will improve everyone elses life and you’ve already got a fair amount of condition damage.

EDIT: Condition engineers are also hard to play right, so you might have better luck switching one out for a Berserker Warrior for tons of Burns and crit.

Condi damage is a must in that some phases and enemies only take condi damage nothing else

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

2x cloud necros for general debilitating w/condi damage.

1x full tank rev for full on tanking with the ability to emergency taunt, even in fights where tanking may not be a real mechanic.

1x thief for blasting fields and dropping shadow refuge while contributing good DPS. maybe run venomshare just for BV on him for tough breakbar spikes?

1x druid, shout guard, or water ele for maintainence heals/boons. Possibly 2 if we see a lot of splits.
1x warrior for emergency banner res and general passive support+DPS

Everyone else just whatever random DPS, preferably split between power and condi builds so we’re prepared for whatever.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

(edited by PopeUrban.2578)

Posted by: Tora.7214

Tora.7214

another reason to bring staff daredevils: massive weakness (not vulnerability, “weakness”) stack on boss? yes please