Zealot druid vs cleric druid?(raids)

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: jacceb.7918

jacceb.7918

The title says it all, which do you guys think will be most wanted/most effective for raids.

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

IMO it depends on your group composition and player skill. Start with Clerics and slowly transition into Zealots. The better they are at keeping themselves alive and taking less damage, the less of a FULL healer role you have to take. With Zealots you can also be a good dps contributor to the party.

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Zealot for sure.
With Cleric you’ll force the raid tank to rise his/her toughness to be higher than yours, while with Zealot you can allow the tank to lower the toughness and focus on more DPS.
Also, your personal damage will be better since Zealot provides 2 offensive stats (power/precision) while in Clerics only power and both gives the same healing power that is the stats you are looking for as a healing druid.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

The druid can be both the healer and the tank. In this case, clerics is fine. If you want to have a separate healer and tank, going full clerics forces the tank to spec more into toughness which will lower their dps.

Zealots is probably the way to go. No toughness to mess with the tank and allows you to contribute some dps yourself. If you want to have healing power as the primary stat, magis is an ok alternative to clerics. Instead of having a toughness secondary stat, it has vitality. Our group beat VG with our healer running magis gear.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

Magi’s is what I run. Zealots is better but you’re only out of CA half the time and almost always running staff for CF generation. Avoid cleric’s because of toughness.

Your job is healing and your added value isn’t damage but spotter and utility (spirits and control).

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

Zealot for sure.
With Cleric you’ll force the raid tank to rise his/her toughness to be higher than yours, while with Zealot you can allow the tank to lower the toughness and focus on more DPS.
Also, your personal damage will be better since Zealot provides 2 offensive stats (power/precision) while in Clerics only power and both gives the same healing power that is the stats you are looking for as a healing druid.

What if you are the tank too?

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

In that case Clerics or Apothecary are excellent choices, I would personally go with Apothecary since power alone vs cond alone the cond causes more damage and also makes your sun spirit much more powerful since the burn proc’d by sun spirit uses the ranger cond damage.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

I go full zealot for the first and last boss. For second boss i swap to cleric rings trinkets and amulet as it is better if the druid both heal and tank. Rune of the monk, sigil of transference, and rice cake gives an additional nice 30% hesl output.
If gold is short, dont get zealot, go for magi instead to lower your toughness (if someone else is tanking). Other than that our role is to heal and increase the raid damage through grace of the land trait and utilities. Zealot does make an impact on damage though, for instance yday we did a bit sloppy vs gorseval but we killed it on the very last second, parts of it cuz i do more staff aa dmg outside celestial form.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore