about the client

about the client

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Goratrix.8417

Goratrix.8417

Q:

I was just wondering now that gw2 is free but with restrictions on the free model, will I still have restrictions for the free model if I buy HOT and update ? is it like a separate model or do u get gw2 in the hot pack when purchasing?..

about the client

Posted by: Chad.6104

Chad.6104

A:

If you buy the expansion and apply it to your account you’ll have access to all the new HoT content. If you don’t apply it to an account you already have you’ll get another account that has the base game and HoT. Your old account will only have what you have now. If the account you apply it to was a free to play account then all the restrictions are lifted as it is now a paid account.

So you can either apply it to an account you have and get HoT added to it or make a new account and get the base game and HoT, and your old account doesn’t get HoT.

about the client

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

If you purchase HoT and apply it to a free account all restrictions will be lifted. You’ll have access to the main game/central Tyria, and all of the new HoT content with no restrictions.

about the client

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Keep in mind some restrictions take up to 4 days to go live like access to the TP. This is insurance against gold sellers using stolen credit cards.

about the client

Posted by: Goratrix.8417

Goratrix.8417

Thanks a lot guys, that cleared a lot of my conceirns.. I think I’m gonna go for a fresh start and hit the revenant with a new account.. and hot.. might be a good change..

once again thanks a bunch guys

about the client

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Thanks a lot guys, that cleared a lot of my conceirns.. I think I’m gonna go for a fresh start and hit the revenant with a new account.. and hot.. might be a good change..

once again thanks a bunch guys

Why would you start a whole new account? If you add HoT to your existing account then you get to keep all of your characters and can still start over with a new Revenant. Paid accounts have more character slots than free accounts.