adventures need a nerf

adventures need a nerf

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Saephaan.7285

Saephaan.7285

i know that they were “nerfed” in the past patch but they are still really hard to do. sure some of you will say, “they were easy before and now they are not fun” but still you are hardcore. i come to this game to play and grind for my masteries and i have to do this adventures which i wont repeat again after i get silver on each so anet can see that at least 1 more account isn’t playing them.
it’s my opinion, only mine, i got difficulty playing them. still why should i get silver or gold for mastery points? why arent there more on other parts of the game. i could have gotten mastery points on a lot of other achievements instead of playing this. it would be fun if they asked for bronze to get 1 mastery point. silver is really hard to get.
now i know that there are 20 extra or something like that, but 6 are from raids, and since i can’t even complete an adventure on silver, what makes anet devs think a kittenty casual like me that barely knows how to play will get raid mastery points. others are from ls, they are ok difficulty except for the last one which is really bugged so its really hard to get it.
this only makes my playtime frustrating, this game was for casuals and this xpac… idk it went to hardcore players and now i can barely do anything…
its really boring to play like this.
i took a 3 month break but still, i remember why i left. which is sad because i spent 2k+ hours on central tyria doing casual stuff…
this is my opinion. i know it isn’t worth anything and it’s only 1 player thoughts, but this is a forum and i think this is the only place i can make my voice count. sorry if this post bothered you.

adventures need a nerf

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Mastery points will likely be easier to acquire in a few months when season 3 starts, assuming they don’t also throw in new masteries.

The simple solution is to not bother with masteries. If you only unlock what is actually required, it’s a fairly casual experience. Some of them are simply pointless, so you can for example save 12 points by not unlocking the last Nuhoch one.

adventures need a nerf

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Mastery points will likely be easier to acquire in a few months when season 3 starts, assuming they don’t also throw in new masteries.

The simple solution is to not bother with masteries. If you only unlock what is actually required, it’s a fairly casual experience. Some of them are simply pointless, so you can for example save 12 points by not unlocking the last Nuhoch one.

The masteries are required for legendaries, which is pretty much the whole point of the expansion.

Hell, some cosmetics like Glint Bastion still requires some maxed out masteries.

adventures need a nerf

Posted by: TeeracK.3601

TeeracK.3601

they also didn’t raise the lvl cap they added masteries so its the main way you feel character progression in the expansion yet you can’t play the game and cap it you have to do silly mini games that aren’t fun and are hard to progress. It should be completely optional to do adventures at all not mandatory. They need to add a ton more points to various other things so you aren’t forced to watch duffy guides and practice the adventures all day like a religion.

Hell if they would just add some way to get mastery points infinitely it could solve all of this. Maybe allow you to activate a different exp bar that when you finish rewards you a mastery point or something. Similar to how hero points worked before HoT. Idk something… just the current way is not fun and not fair to people who enjoyed the game for what i was.

(edited by TeeracK.3601)

adventures need a nerf

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You only need five mastery points from adventures. With the living coming soon, this could eventually drop down to none.

adventures need a nerf

Posted by: Sarah.8354

Sarah.8354

Remove adventure fron colletion for specialization weapon!!!

adventures need a nerf

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

im not even sorry for saying this especially since they ALREADY nerfed it
get good scrubs

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

adventures need a nerf

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

There’s 139 maguma mastery points

117 for completion

This leaves 22 points available to just skip

I can see this being a problem for a few casuals, but I think once the living story continues you’ll be able to complete them easily. It sucks, but at least it’s not going to be impossible.

adventures need a nerf

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

As far as I know, no collection requires gold medal from any adventure, they take silver at most, which you can comfortably get even with horrible lag. The only adventure where silver used to take some effort was shooting gallery, but it’s pretty fine now.

I agree that some gold medals can still be fairly challenging even after the nerf, especially if you compare them with stuff like salvage pit or drone race. But then again, gold medals aren’t required for anything, they’re just for fun and competition.

If you for some reason have trouble getting silver medals, you’re doing something wrong. Maybe take a look at some guide, you’ll see what you’re supposed to do and have much easier time. Silver takes practically no effort at all.

adventures need a nerf

Posted by: Agyaggalamb.4796

Agyaggalamb.4796

get good scrubs

Well, they were not nerfed enough obviously.

Scrap Rifle: another 2 minutes on the clock and NO weapon overheating maybe then it would be slightly more possible as the mechanics are kitten. Fungus among us well, would need working and tight controls, but guess what, this is not Dark Souls, or Super Mario, but an MMO, so add additional 2 minutes to the clock and call it a day. Fallen masks: ditch RNG, add a minute to the clock. Sanctum scramble: the clock is still tight fix that. Bronze time should be gold. Floor is lava: well, additional 1 minute and it may be doable. Haywire: more time, 1 minute should be okay.

Or devs please post the gimmicks on a video guide please, on how should we do them in order to be able to meet the given requirements. And while you are at it, don’t ever again let the designer work on anything similar.

I was going to comment on your last sentence but then I realized that this is Anet we are talking about (the same guys, who ditched the remaining of the second generation Legendary weapons, the same guys who put in a trillion cc, and nerfed stability to being a waste of slot on the skillbar) and you are defending this kitten, so kthxbai.

adventures need a nerf

Posted by: Sir Mad.1092

Sir Mad.1092

since i can’t even complete an adventure on silver, what makes anet devs think a kittenty casual like me that barely knows how to play will get raid mastery points.

They don’t. It may be shocking, but I have to tell you the truth: you, sir, are not a master.

Seriously, some of those adventures are so easy (Salvage Pit and motorcycle-thingy above the P.A.C.T. camp, I’m looking at you) it’s almost impossible not to get silver for those… But I guess only getting bronze should be some sort of mastery. I mean… you have to try really hard not to score higher.

adventures need a nerf

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

get good scrubs

Not all got nerfed (like Scrap Rifle one) and some are still too hard for being casual content

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

adventures need a nerf

Ayrilana.1396

get good scrubs

Well, they were not nerfed enough obviously.

Scrap Rifle: another 2 minutes on the clock and NO weapon overheating maybe then it would be slightly more possible as the mechanics are kitten. Fungus among us well, would need working and tight controls, but guess what, this is not Dark Souls, or Super Mario, but an MMO, so add additional 2 minutes to the clock and call it a day. Fallen masks: ditch RNG, add a minute to the clock. Sanctum scramble: the clock is still tight fix that. Bronze time should be gold. Floor is lava: well, additional 1 minute and it may be doable. Haywire: more time, 1 minute should be okay.

Or devs please post the gimmicks on a video guide please, on how should we do them in order to be able to meet the given requirements. And while you are at it, don’t ever again let the designer work on anything similar.

I was going to comment on your last sentence but then I realized that this is Anet we are talking about (the same guys, who ditched the remaining of the second generation Legendary weapons, the same guys who put in a trillion cc, and nerfed stability to being a waste of slot on the skillbar) and you are defending this kitten, so kthxbai.

Scrap rifle is fine. The trick is to learn how to properly use the skills, pull mobs together, and manage your cool down on the rifle.

Fungus Among Us could still use some work on the consistency of the skills. The time currently allotted is fine as it requires you to learn to use the available skills rather than simply auto run to the end.

Fallen Masks has plenty of time right now for a good number of possible routes. What they should do is look at those routes which are impossible to get gold on and remove or alter them. Speed mushrooms help.

Sanctum Scramble is fine. You just need to learn to properly use the skills. Gold can be gotten with at least 30 seconds left until it reverts to silver so there is plenty of time.

Floor is Lava is also fine. They could do something about latency for those on poor connections but it’s essentially about players figuring out an efficient route and properly using the bounces. Speed mushrooms also help.

Haywire is fine. You can get gold simply by spamming the #2 skill and occasionally changing your direction.

You can use YouTube to find the tricks and tips on how to get gold for each one. The adventures are pretty well designed for the most part. They do not need further nerfs so that anyone can simply get gold with zero effort on their first try like your suggestions would do.

adventures need a nerf

Posted by: Bellatrixa.3546

Bellatrixa.3546

I also strongly recommend this guide. I have 14 HoT mastery points I could theoretically still get from adventures but I’m at 166 with 3 spare. The videos really do help and although I found some of the adventures still irritating, I got what I needed from them.

“Even if we find a way to save the world from the
dragons, I sometimes wonder if we’ll ever find a way to save us from ourselves.”

adventures need a nerf

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

Or devs please post the gimmicks on a video guide please, on how should we do them

looks at youtube
sees tons of videos
wonders why devs need to post gimmicks.

You don’t need gold on any of the masteries if I’m looking at it right in order to max out your masteries. You can get gold on a couple without trying (drone race, beetle feast) which means there’s some you don’t even need to do like sanctum scramble or ley-line run if you don’t want to.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

adventures need a nerf

Agyaggalamb.4796

You can use YouTube to find the tricks and tips on how to get gold for each one. The adventures are pretty well designed for the most part. They do not need further nerfs so that anyone can simply get gold with zero effort on their first try like your suggestions would do.

I’m glad you find it fine, it seems our experiences are different. After 3 hours of trying SCRAP field, I got to 83 kills at 4 minutes after watching a couple videos where gold is attained, but I’m still unable to see a method/route behind it.

Comparing to Ley-Line Run, for example which was also deemed impossible, watching a video of a 27 sec run, and following that path was some sort of easy mode, and I managed to gold it, just barely half sec under the requirement.

The same goes with Fungus, altough, watching videos about it is painful enough and I don’t even have silver on it yet, but at least, I know the “cheat” route now. Funny that not using this route renders it impossible to attain gold. I’m no game designer, but forcing your players to cheat the system may not be a reasonable aim.

As for Haywire, can you link a gold run, that only uses skill 2 and direction change, I’d love to see that.

Floor is lava: well, I think it’s pretty far from “fine”, on the videos I see mechanics I am unable to pull off, jumps and glides that simply don’t work on my end (my latency is fine, so I honestly have no idea what may be the reason), and I got to silver, after countless tries and just barely (on time and on HP).

Anyone getting gold on the first try would hurt anyone because? As you can imagine, I don’t really have a competitive mindset, but those people who have that already have the Lifetime and Daily Leaderboards. In that case the numbers next to your name shows you dedication and skill. Whereas having 166 next to my name in the party window does not correlate to skill. Yes I know that not every adventure is needed for that (maybe five silvers if everything else is done), and I’m just 2 mastery points away from 166, so that’s not my problem. My problem is being a completionist and feeling the urge to finish mostly everything in the game.

adventures need a nerf

Ayrilana.1396

I’m glad you find it fine, it seems our experiences are different. After 3 hours of trying SCRAP field, I got to 83 kills at 4 minutes after watching a couple videos where gold is attained, but I’m still unable to see a method/route behind it.

You’re likely not balling them up so to maximize your kills. For example, it’s impossible to get gold if you only use the auto attack.

The same goes with Fungus, altough, watching videos about it is painful enough and I don’t even have silver on it yet, but at least, I know the “cheat” route now. Funny that not using this route renders it impossible to attain gold. I’m no game designer, but forcing your players to cheat the system may not be a reasonable aim.

It’s not a cheat to use the skills to hop over gaps in terrain. Did you think that maybe having the player use the skills in such a way was the intent of the designer for that adventure?

As for Haywire, can you link a gold run, that only uses skill 2 and direction change, I’d love to see that.

I’m not sure if there is one or not. It’s fairly easy to do. Just go into the instance and spam the #2 skills all the way to the top. Turn around and then go back down. Turn around and then go back up again. Turn the character’s direction occasionally to hit specific groups of chak.

Floor is lava: well, I think it’s pretty far from “fine”, on the videos I see mechanics I am unable to pull off, jumps and glides that simply don’t work on my end (my latency is fine, so I honestly have no idea what may be the reason), and I got to silver, after countless tries and just barely (on time and on HP).

The problem is that if Anet nerfed everything so that everyone with the worst latency can complete things without issue, imagine how it would be for those that don’t have latency issues. It’s like taking a given console video game and tuning the difficulty to the worst player. And no, I’m not suggesting latency issues and a player’s skill are the same.

Anyone getting gold on the first try would hurt anyone because? As you can imagine, I don’t really have a competitive mindset, but those people who have that already have the Lifetime and Daily Leaderboards. In that case the numbers next to your name shows you dedication and skill. Whereas having 166 next to my name in the party window does not correlate to skill. Yes I know that not every adventure is needed for that (maybe five silvers if everything else is done), and I’m just 2 mastery points away from 166, so that’s not my problem. My problem is being a completionist and feeling the urge to finish mostly everything in the game.

What if Anet took their nerf sledgehammer and removes all difficulty in this game? Even raids could be done solo with the worst builds possible. Would there be an issue since it supposedly doesn’t hurt anyone? Games will have challenging things. If you want to complete them then you’re going to have to overcome those challenges.

adventures need a nerf

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

I agree with this advice. I personally don’t find these mini-games enjoyable. They’re just not my thing. So I unlocked all of the important navigation masteries and then I stopped worrying about it. If they add more mastery points later, I’ll probably pick it back up. But I see no driving need to put myself through content I dislike just to unlock masteries I don’t need.

I think the only thing I’ve found that requires unlocking all of the masteries are the newer legendary items? But legendary items have always required that players experience many aspects of gameplay, some of which may take them outside of their normal range of activities. I don’t see adventures as anything new in that regard.

adventures need a nerf

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

They already nerfed them once. And I still can’t get gold on most of them. But I’m terrible at them. I know I’m terrible at them. And I know this is 100% my problem. Because I find them tedious and don’t put forth the effort to get good at them, as many other people have done, I never managed to clear all of them. So i got masteries from raids instead. But my attitude toward adventures isn’t something Anet can or should fix.
To me, adventures are like jump puzzles. I hate them and I’m terrible at them, but some people are really into it. And if you’re not, there are plenty of other things to do that aren’t adventures or jump puzzles. So I’m glad they exist exactly as they are, even if I don’t personally enjoy them. They add variety to the game so it’s not all just “go here! Hit this guy a lot!”

Edit: except shooting gallery. I don’t recall a single person ever talk about that one being fair or even moderately easy to do. That one can go die in a fire.

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

(edited by Squee.7829)

adventures need a nerf

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

You’re likely not balling them up so to maximize your kills. For example, it’s impossible to get gold if you only use the auto attack.

Is there a way to get them to actually aggro? Because that’s what I run into. Over an hour of restarting to barely get Silver, and the chak are nothing but cowards. Unless the rovers sneak up from behind. Those always seem to hate on me instantly. The rest will deliberately run away or refuse to engage. I could break eggs while chanting dead baby jokes and they still won’t aggro in any reasonable group size.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

(edited by Rauderi.8706)

adventures need a nerf

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

They already nerfed them once. And I still can’t get gold on most of them. But I’m terrible at them. I know I’m terrible at them. And I know this is 100% my problem. Because I find them tedious and don’t put forth the effort to get good at them, as many other people have done, I never managed to clear all of them. So i got masteries from raids instead. But my attitude toward adventures isn’t something Anet can or should fix.
To me, adventures are like jump puzzles. I hate them and I’m terrible at them, but some people are really into it. And if you’re not, there are plenty of other things to do that aren’t adventures or jump puzzles. So I’m glad they exist exactly as they are, even if I don’t personally enjoy them. They add variety to the game so it’s not all just “go here! Hit this guy a lot!”

Edit: except shooting gallery. I don’t recall a single person ever talk about that one being fair or even moderately easy to do. That one can go die in a fire.

I gave up on masteries when I realised that despite finishing the maps several times I am woefully short on masteries in Tyria, which are all gated behind garbage or JPs, and HoT which are gated behind events being on a certain timer and adventures which drive me to go play any other game rather than this one.

As I mostly wvw when I play, I’m past really caring if I ever get them, until they become a block for obtaining legendary stuff.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

adventures need a nerf

Ayrilana.1396

Is there a way to get them to actually aggro? Because that’s what I run into. Over an hour of restarting to barely get Silver, and the chak are nothing but cowards. Unless the rovers sneak up from behind. Those always seem to hate on me instantly. The rest will deliberately run away or refuse to engage. I could break eggs while chanting dead baby jokes and they still won’t aggro in any reasonable group size.

I use LoS which helps but I get most of the ones on the ground level to ball up by simply gliding down and then using the fire field. You can kill at least a dozen or so this way as they tend to follow you as you glide down.

adventures need a nerf

Posted by: Silmar Alech.4305

Silmar Alech.4305

Hard adventures are fine for me as long as they don’t gate general progression behind them: the mastery points. Solo mini-games like adventures are not fun for me, so I don’t like playing them. But I am forced to practice them to get these mastery points. One whole evening lost to only practice to get silver for one new adventure that I will definitely never ever visit again. For me, that’s not fun. I didn’t buy GW2 to do something like this.

With previous minigames, they were completely optional, and I skipped all of them – you can check my account, I really did.
Now there are these adventures, where you MUST do these to silver solo and nobody can even help you. Study youtube videos don’t really help much, and that’s not really the way I consider fun with games. I’m furious about this.

In old Tyria, all of the explorer achievements were in the open world where you are able to get friends help you: they show you the way ingame or help with portals. I got all of the Tyria mastery points one or the other way. That’s fine and worthy for a MMO: doing stuff together with people. But being forced do progression-related tedious and (for me) unbeatable content is not worthy content.

So: nerf the adventures into oblivion. Or better: free the mastery points and move them to somewhere else. That will not spoil the adventure achievements for the players who actually enjoy them.

Yes, please free the mastery points!

adventures need a nerf

Agyaggalamb.4796

What if Anet took their nerf sledgehammer and removes all difficulty in this game? Even raids could be done solo with the worst builds possible. Would there be an issue since it supposedly doesn’t hurt anyone? Games will have challenging things. If you want to complete them then you’re going to have to overcome those challenges.

Nobody said raids should be nerfed. And mostly anybody can confirm, that this game is not difficult at all. Not even raids. You know what makes the raids seem difficult? 10 people needs to pull it off with little to no error at the same time. That’s what makes raids actually hard.

As for other parts of the game being difficult? Core Tyria is not difficult, even t4 fractals can be facerolled, dungeons are just free money. HoT on the other hand is just annoying. CC, evade, miss, miss, and CC some more and when I would say kitten it, I’ll just skip it (and I hate skipping, so that already says a lot), then the 33% speed reduction in combat says hello. Like it was not annoying enough.

I’d like to know the origin of this CC fetish in this game, but I don’t want to derail the topic.

Now back to adventures. You say everything is fine. Okay. What is your explanation regarding difficulty differences? How is this kitten balanced? Salvage-Pit vs Shooting Gallery? Drone Race vs Scrap Rifle? On Wings of Gold vs Fallen masks? I’d prefer them to be on the same level, balanced around the difficulty of Salvage Pit. If that would have been the case from day 1, most likely we wouldn’t even discussing this topic.

But since they were already “nerfed” (many of them are still beyond reach for most), just remove the hero points from them and move them elsewhere in the respectable maps. But in this case remove any and all corresponding achievements and collection requirements. If the latter is not feasible, then they should just be nerfed to oblivion, so and then we can move on.

As for completing Sanctum Scramble to gold with more than 30 secs of leeway? Well, if you are that good, I’ll fire up some streaming app, and you can take over and do it for me along with fungus, shooting gallery, fallen masks etc.

adventures need a nerf

Posted by: Animism.9803

Animism.9803

Adventures are somewhat the easiest of all mastery points.
Have you tried looking up a video to mimick pathways? It is pretty simple.

If you were going to complain about boring events and time-gated mastery points, why not complain about the map achievements? I must have spend 6+ hours getting all the DS mastery points. Didn’t have any fun whilst doing it.

adventures need a nerf

Ayrilana.1396

Nobody said raids should be nerfed. And mostly anybody can confirm, that this game is not difficult at all. Not even raids. You know what makes the raids seem difficult? 10 people needs to pull it off with little to no error at the same time. That’s what makes raids actually hard.

As for other parts of the game being difficult? Core Tyria is not difficult, even t4 fractals can be facerolled, dungeons are just free money. HoT on the other hand is just annoying. CC, evade, miss, miss, and CC some more and when I would say kitten it, I’ll just skip it (and I hate skipping, so that already says a lot), then the 33% speed reduction in combat says hello. Like it was not annoying enough.

I’d like to know the origin of this CC fetish in this game, but I don’t want to derail the topic.

Now back to adventures. You say everything is fine. Okay. What is your explanation regarding difficulty differences? How is this kitten balanced? Salvage-Pit vs Shooting Gallery? Drone Race vs Scrap Rifle? On Wings of Gold vs Fallen masks? I’d prefer them to be on the same level, balanced around the difficulty of Salvage Pit. If that would have been the case from day 1, most likely we wouldn’t even discussing this topic.

But since they were already “nerfed” (many of them are still beyond reach for most), just remove the hero points from them and move them elsewhere in the respectable maps. But in this case remove any and all corresponding achievements and collection requirements. If the latter is not feasible, then they should just be nerfed to oblivion, so and then we can move on.

As for completing Sanctum Scramble to gold with more than 30 secs of leeway? Well, if you are that good, I’ll fire up some streaming app, and you can take over and do it for me along with fungus, shooting gallery, fallen masks etc.

You missed the point of the post.

Not all adventures have to be comparable in difficulty. Many require different skill sets. Of course you’d prefer them to be balanced around the difficulty of salvage pit since that would allow everyone to get gold without putting in any effort.

adventures need a nerf

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

They already nerfed them once. And I still can’t get gold on most of them.

The ones I couldn’t get silver in pre-nerf, I still can’t get silver on. Some I could get silver on I can now get gold – salvage pit, beetle feast (get someone to clear the way for you), drone race. Not all the nerfs were equal because the adventures aren’t equal.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

adventures need a nerf

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I think the only adventure that needs a nerf is Fallen Masks. I already got all my gold medals.

Fallen Mask is just RNG hell with the ridiculous timer and spawn points it has.

The other adventures are about patience. Shooting Gallery is pretty bad too, but not as bad as Fallen Masks gold.

A Fungus Among Us actually has a surprisingly forgiving timer, just practice your shortcuts.

The biggest QoL change they could do is not gate adventures behind meta events. I shouldn’t be forced to do a meta event for around an hour just to get back to attempting at a gold medal.

And Shooting Gallery has those miserable frogs spawning over you who wills tun and kill you while you’re trying to shoot the kitten targets.