any info about healing power change?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Lian Olsam.9541

Lian Olsam.9541

everyone know HP is broken, isnt possible to do 200 dmg as base and with a full zerk transform this 200 in 2000, and have a 200 healing as base and with full HP build transform it in 300
i think anet know this, what i dont really understant is why they didnt change it yet, because of new contents, will be really nice (high lvl fractal and raids) have this stuff already balanced, so player can go better inside his role, otherwise will be just a big joke, just keep going for dps and sometime click the healing stuff, same as before, but now someone else will help your skill n° 6

Posted by: Groonz.7825

Groonz.7825

I understood nothing of what you just wrote…

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

I understood nothing of what you just wrote…

everyone knows healing power (HP) is broken. it shouldn’t be possible for a base dmg of 200 to jump up to 2000 dmg in berserker gear, but in full HP gear a base heal of 200 only jumps up to 300.

i think anet knows this. what i don’t really understand is why they haven’t changed it yet because of the new content that is coming (high lvl fractals and raids). they should have this stuff already balanced, so that a player can go all into a role (healing), otherwise a player in the healing role will be just a big joke. Everyone will just keep going for dps and sometimes click the healing skill, same as before, but now someone else will help your skill number 6 (the healing skill) [?with the small amount of additional heals from playing a heal spec? — implied i think]

Lian Olsam.9541

ty jaxom, now i hope groonz have understood what i wrote

i will add this (i hope to be more clear)

full zerk:
outgoing healing 2000
outgoing damage 9000

full healingpower
outgoing healing 2500
outgoing damage 800

this is why healing power and healing skills system is broken, they should decrease the base healing and make it scale better with healing power, just as the outgoing damage do with power

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

They are working on healing power

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Lian Olsam.9541

They are working on healing power

nice to know!!! do u have any official link? or is just a “whisp”? there is any release date for the patch?

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

Ha ha yea I was soo confused with what the first comment was saying. Thanks for the clarifying jaxom!

I totally agree healing power should scale, although if it did scale zerker builds would be hit hard. Right now in zerker your heals does just about the same, if it changed so the heal did very little (without healing power)… could be interesting. Would give a new meaning to the term squishy. I for one am completely for the change! Variety is good! I hate going more healy and the only difference is my dps takes a hit.

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

Heal Power isn’t the problem

The fact that healing, buffing, or even rezzing someone doesn’t count for event completion is the problem. There is no point in healing whatsoever if you send up with a bronze medal or less for an event since you didn’t dps. Raids and stuff is fine since it’s built for it but another problem is that the rest of the game is balanced around dodging and rally. Which pretty much kittens any real difficulty PVE since the target will always have skills that can be dodged usually the TKO and if you ever forget to dodge you simply rally.

Agreed that healing power should scale more but until it gets counted in events I don’t see the point.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Heal Power isn’t the problem

The fact that healing, buffing, or even rezzing someone doesn’t count for event completion is the problem. There is no point in healing whatsoever if you send up with a bronze medal or less for an event since you didn’t dps. Raids and stuff is fine since it’s built for it but another problem is that the rest of the game is balanced around dodging and rally. Which pretty much kittens any real difficulty PVE since the target will always have skills that can be dodged usually the TKO and if you ever forget to dodge you simply rally.

Agreed that healing power should scale more but until it gets counted in events I don’t see the point.

That isn’t a problem at all. The way GW2 is built it’s impossible to play healer without also tagging more than enough mobs. You don’t really have builds that do nothing but targeted heals in GW2, every single healing build is also pumping damage in to mobs easily enough to get gold if you’re playing it properly. On top of that, if you’re playing support build you’re generally in a group, which means the amount of damage you do isn’t even important. as long as you hit the mob one time for any amount of damage, or land one condition on it, you get full credit in terms of loot as your party kills it.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Lian Olsam.9541

My concern is more for instanced group content, for open world i dont think someone should go for healng power

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I think healing could be very worth while in instances , and in the open world, this will doend on the pressure ingame… we could get zerky groups with 1 or 2 healers and a little more tanky explorers…

The fact healing has been below par has several reasons.
1 if healing would out do dmg, this game would be broken. nobody would be killed in PvP and WvW
2 to increase the pseed of the game
3 because most mitigation DOESN’T COME FROM HEALING, but from blinds, aegis, reflection, weakness protection, invulnerability and dodges…
4 because healing consists of more then just a burst heal on #6, healing also is waters & finishers, cleansing, regeneration, and low hp heals from auto’s. Cleanses with a big wink to poison.

Attempts have been made to shift more healing from the base heals to the scaler so healing power as stat would attribute more, druid saw this implemented but -very carefully- if this proves to be a succes more of these conversions are likely.

Boon duration which saw a big nerf when it was removed from trait lines should be benefitted by scaling from healing as well. WE’ll see what will happen in Gw2 HoT.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

They are reviewing how gear and stats work because they want to move away from the zerker meta, make gearing important and to promote roles… Credit will be looked at as well.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: Kulvar.1239

Kulvar.1239

To move away from zerker meta, they need to make different meta working for different bosses. But making an other meta the way to go will not solve the issue.
Boss A : Meta Zerk
Boss B : Meta Sinister
Boss C : Meta Soldier
Boss D : Meta Zealot
Boss E : Meta Cleric

Then people who want to go “meta” will make 2 or 3 gear set and mix/match them
People who just want to play how they want will make 1 gear set and try to work around them

FYI: It’s not because something is Meta that all others things are useless. It just means that they’re less efficient.
If the gap is short enough, it’ll not be an issue to not play “Meta”.

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Please change 3 things.

1. Stat scaling – healing, toughness, and condition damage base should be lowered and scaling factor increased to increase build variety.

2. Healing and res’ing, anything that increases ally HP, boon application, and condition removal should count toward participation, though how much is debatable.

3. Update aggro tables to more accurately reflect threat levels to NPC opponents. Healing 5 allies for 4k each > 15k crit > some low damage, low heal, high toughness build. Aggro should be much more strongly linked to aggregated health recovery and damage. Aggro, now, is too weighed toward toughness, making players avoid it in PvE.

Lian Olsam.9541

Any news or info about that from anet? I think this stuff should be rebalanced before raid

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

I really think healing should just be thrown out.
All or most professions that have viable heal specs already have traits, if not entire trait lines, dedicated to empowering the healing they do.
As i understand it ANet has tried to maintain the ’self-sufficiency ideal, where every characters has the ability to sustain themselves through the generally expected level of damage.

Healing cannot be too powerful because then a group of druids in full nomad gear would be able to render all pve laughible and wvw utterly farcical. For this reason, and unlike power, healing power needs to have poor scaling on a high base so that all healing numbers fall within the narrow “balanced” range where They’re effective at low investment level but not excessive at high investment.

Since the ‘healer’ professions already have traits to increase outgoing healing, i think it’s time to let those carry the weight and just get rid of healing power entirely.

Lian Olsam.9541

I really think healing should just be thrown out.
All or most professions that have viable heal specs already have traits, if not entire trait lines, dedicated to empowering the healing they do.
As i understand it ANet has tried to maintain the ’self-sufficiency ideal, where every characters has the ability to sustain themselves through the generally expected level of damage.

Healing cannot be too powerful because then a group of druids in full nomad gear would be able to render all pve laughible and wvw utterly farcical. For this reason, and unlike power, healing power needs to have poor scaling on a high base so that all healing numbers fall within the narrow “balanced” range where They’re effective at low investment level but not excessive at high investment.

Since the ‘healer’ professions already have traits to increase outgoing healing, i think it’s time to let those carry the weight and just get rid of healing power entirely.

I m not lf easyer content, i just think have another role should be nice, i dont wanna change how self healing skills work, but i d like other healing ability will be nerfed as base but become more powerfull with a full HP setup
Every players, me on first, wanna a balanced game i dont lf an healing skill who will heal 30k to all players each 5 seconds, but isnt funny see a full zerk, sinister character with a high healing skills, this sound to me unbalanced.

All the content we have doesent need a dedicated healer, self healing is enough i’m asking it for raid and high lvl fractals

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

could you share this full zerk high healing build

gaem not made for mi
===========

Lian Olsam.9541

could you share this full zerk high healing build

Look at druid he heals alot with a full dps build, look elementalist water skils, guardian breeze etc etc, i have a full healing set for both and the change between a full zerk and full healing is not too good compared to the dps loss