better idle animations

better idle animations

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

It hit me some time ago when designing my human necro, that every human male has the same very apologetic animation when standing idle. They seriously look like some super complexed dude before asking love of his life to the prom.

What the hell. Here i make a tall, kitten looking necromancer with “socially unfriendly” attitude and backstory, only to see it show body language of primary school’s scapegoat when left alone for a second.

moral of the story:
Restore the personality types based on our dialogue choices (charming, ferocious, noble) and add some idle body language that matches the choice. Norn males for example have good “i mean business” body language.
Because right now all humans have only one personality type looking at their movement – “wuss”.

better idle animations

Posted by: Cash.2385

Cash.2385

Word. I would love for them to make it so, but I would go further idle/walking/running/fighting all different. Or have it so that different runes when you complete a full set would change your slot skills the first five skills,idle/walking/running/fighting. There would be so much variety to the game-play it would something truly worth value in my thoughts.

Specializations
Evolve your gameplay. With profession specializations, you’ll unlock access to a weapon previously unavailable to your profession as well as new traits, skills, and unique mechanics – all of which will transform your profession into something new.

I hope it comes close.

(edited by Cash.2385)

better idle animations

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

I have always been disappointed I don’t see my charr licking themselves when left unattended for extended periods of time.

better idle animations

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

I have always been disappointed I don’t see my charr licking themselves when left unattended for extended periods of time.

+1 to this one! ha ha

better idle animations

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

Bring back human females getting bored.

better idle animations

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

Bring back human females getting bored.

better idle animations

Posted by: DietPepsi.4371

DietPepsi.4371

+1 to this, and also maybe Charr affixing their attention to an anomalous object for an extended period of time.

You stand to benefit more from making friends than making enemies.

Also I hate my user ID.

better idle animations

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

ANet, please add gw1 necro idles, they were perfect. just perfect. I literally felt the forbidden power surging through me as I watched my old necro <3

Attachments: