"big announcements"

"big announcements"

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Brother Dulfite.5793

Brother Dulfite.5793

The following is from the Pax release:

“Headlining our presence there is big news on the horizon. On Saturday, August 29, ArenaNet President Mike O’Brien and Game Director Colin Johanson will host a special fan and press conference titled “Guild Wars 2—The Journey Ahead.” There they’ll be making a number of big announcements that will define the future of Guild Wars 2 and—as many of you have been waiting for—reveal a major feature coming in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™. Can’t make it to the show? We’ll be streaming the presentation live on the official Guild Wars 2 Twitch channel. You won’t want to miss it!”

“There they’ll be making a number of big announcements that will define the future of Guild Wars 2 and”

“big announcements”

Ok, so everyone is already talking about the challenging group content being the “major feature” that will be revealed. What I don’t see people talking about is the fact that there will be at least 2 other “big announcements” made.

When I see the word announcement, I think of things that we don’t already know about (another words, not specializations).

I’m curious what everyone thinks these announcements will be?

My personal guesses: New non combat activities and leaderboards to encourage continued growth of the community in a positive and horizontal way (stuff that actually is popular and could have leaderboards, like an in game card game where we get a separate wallet for playing cards that we collect over time and play against other people, for example).

My personal hopes: Them somehow working in that Abaddon is behind the release of the Elder Dragons and that Abaddon secretly possessed Kormir and is only appearing like Kormir just to convince the other gods that he is truly dead. Meanwhile, he is secretly controlling the leash behind the Elder Dragons, intentionally trying to get them killed by planting thoughts in the minds of us “heroes” that allow us to take them each down individually, in order for Abaddon to secretly absorb their power until, after the last one is dead and secretly absorbed, he has the power to wipe out the collective might of the other gods, the spirit animals, and the Pale Tree in one massively epic battle that takes place in gw3.

Basically, we take down the dragons in gw2, which leads to the reveal of Abaddon for gw3. What glorious battles await! Wow I let my imagination run a little while there lol.

"big announcements"

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

WvW updated server system
Raids or new type of dungeons
Legendary armors

"big announcements"

Posted by: Wwefan.4982

Wwefan.4982

Its the 2 top men at the company what big announcement could it be its the release date.

Sylvari mean

"big announcements"

Posted by: Tyloric.7520

Tyloric.7520

Its the 2 top men at the company what big announcement could it be its the release date.

I’d rather know more about the expansion before the release date. As a whole, we don’t have much to go on.

Casteless Wind [Guild Wars 2]
The Secksy Monk [Guild Wars 1]
Stormbluff Isle – Storm Slayer Dragons [SDS]

"big announcements"

Posted by: Tskales.2804

Tskales.2804

Probably something to do with their crappy e-sports.

“I’m sure glad that A-net is spending the 20 minutes or so that it would take to remove
the hobosack on making more important additions to the game.
Like golden pigs for the gem store” – Gern.2978

"big announcements"

Posted by: Nesfarro.1265

Nesfarro.1265

I know it sounds unrealistic but maybe a release date? xD

"big announcements"

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Curious, I see a big announcent as something completly new. The release date for me doesnt fit it that category. Well fingers crossed

"big announcements"

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Sounds like a roadmap beyond HoT and how content will be delivered for LW3 or whatever they will be calling content drops.

The fact that one specifically is HoT related suggests the other announcements relate to the wider game and beyond.

"big announcements"

Posted by: Barab.9016

Barab.9016

Dwarf playable race

Kurthos “When Jade Quarry awakens, they will ask themselves, when were we ever asleep?”

"big announcements"

Posted by: Wwefan.4982

Wwefan.4982

Dwarf playable race

All the dwarves were turned to stone and are busy fighting Primordus so I doubt we will ever get them.

Sylvari mean

"big announcements"

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

That Gw3 comes out in 2016.

xD

"big announcements"

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Probably just a road map of what’s coming in the next year(or 3) Launch date window. E-sports.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

"big announcements"

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

as for the general ideas, I suspect HoT release date and announcement of next xpac or at least they’ll be doing xpacs. Some other things I suspect less but would love more than life itself: New jobs. not combat, but like someone else said, other things PERHAPS leveling through minigames. Also the crafting jobs should be turned into real things that each character can swap to and level, just cause so much more fun and it would enable leveling them in other and more fun ways. Or at least more crafting jobs? I want job swapping on one character, but as for the main professions, if they stay one per character I could live with it. Other than that I want mounts (poison dragon ftw), and more info on future xpacs, especially the land, story, and playable races…

Attachments:

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

"big announcements"

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Release date.
‘Challenging’ content.
Explanation for the release date being 2017.

In that order

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

"big announcements"

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

I wonder if this mean no new elite spec announcement next week.

"big announcements"

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Maybe they are announcing something about crafting systems.

Or monetization schemes.

Or new armor skins earned through in-game activities.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

"big announcements"

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

When I see the word announcement, I think of things that we don’t already know about (another words, not specializations).

GW2 will now become Pay to Play! Prepare to wonder and marvel at the infinite possibilities that a monthly fee will add to the world of Tyria!

Honestly, though, are you really going to get hyped? Even if ArenaNet weren’t famous for overpromising and underdelivering, that’s obviously marketing speech. Whatever those “big announcements” are, if you really expect anything good at all you will be massively disappointed.

"big announcements"

Posted by: Widowmaker Z.4802

Widowmaker Z.4802

Release date makes sense, it’s over due. The 2 big guys are there, day after 3rd anniversary. There’s really nothing else Mike and Colin would be present to announce that doesn’t normally get announced on the web site by the devs.

"big announcements"

Posted by: ham.8209

ham.8209

GW2 will now become Pay to Play! Prepare to wonder and marvel at the infinite possibilities that a monthly fee will add to the world of Tyria!

Honestly, though, are you really going to get hyped? Even if ArenaNet weren’t famous for overpromising and underdelivering, that’s obviously marketing speech. Whatever those “big announcements” are, if you really expect anything good at all you will be massively disappointed.

very well said and not only that but i think GW2 will now become Pay to Play! just look how the gem store is . if that ant pay to play i will buy a Daniel Webster cigar and give ever one a free good cigar

"big announcements"

Posted by: Sorean.5379

Sorean.5379

They said it was a big announcement to the core gw2 game too…So I think they will change something big that is part of the core game (like,maybe revamp drops,or events,etc..)

"big announcements"

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Maybe build saving.

"big announcements"

Posted by: Azumi.9572

Azumi.9572

Release date for HoT is a guarantee.

Explanation on the Challenging Content.

More information about the future of Guilds

"big announcements"

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

When I read “…future of the game…” what occurred to me was their business plan for updates between expansions (they stated they plan further expansions when they made the point that the price for future expansions would include core and prior expansions).

"big announcements"

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

Maybe build saving.

I really hope so. This is the feature I want the most.

I’m sure release date will be one.

"big announcements"

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Just look how the gem store is . If that ain’t pay to play I will buy a Daniel Webster cigar and give everyone a free good cigar.

I guess you owe everyone a cigar then. You can hold mine though since I don’t smoke.

Pay to Play – or subscription – is when you need to, you know, continuously pay to be able play the game.

In no way do you need to buy something from the store every month to be able to play the game.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

"big announcements"

Posted by: Zerosu.9057

Zerosu.9057

If release date will be on 2+ months i will be little disappointed…
Engineer, Ranger, Thief we dont have official announcement for elite specialization. We dont test few things like Guild Halls. Waiting is boring…

"big announcements"

Posted by: Grimrah.9256

Grimrah.9256

If release date will be on 2+ months i will be little disappointed…
Engineer, Ranger, Thief we dont have official announcement for elite specialization. We dont test few things like Guild Halls. Waiting is boring…

I was honestly hoping for an August 28th release to coincide with the first game release date but, that isn’t going happen. I do not mind waiting because, I know they want us to have a complete and great expansion not something they rush out to satisfy our impatience. I know it will be worth the wait and I am happy I was able to get the Ultimate level of HoT expansion. Hope it is before the holidays start so I can be playing it during boring family get together…lol!!!

"big announcements"

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

What I would like to see:
- They move back to a B2P model with more focus on regular expansions and less on the cash-shop. Also improving the reward system, even moving many of the shop-items to the game-world behind specific content.

- More interesting content / raids also, but not only build around guilds, setting goals for guilds and players. Adding more challenges to the game.

- They make it a seamless world.

- We will get a nice mix of dynamic events and more traditional quest.

- Collision detection will only, and always be applied to the visible objects, so no more invisible walls or visible objects without collision detection.

- Mounts will be implemented and getting the mounts will be with many different types of interesting in-game game-play. (same for ranger-pets).

Well that would be the perfect world.

"big announcements"

ham.8209

Just look how the gem store is . If that ain’t pay to play I will buy a Daniel Webster cigar and give everyone a free good cigar.

I guess you owe everyone a cigar then. You can hold mine though since I don’t smoke.

Pay to Play – or subscription – is when you need to, you know, continuously pay to be able play the game.

In no way do you need to buy something from the store every month to be able to play the game.

oh really then what about black lion salvage kit,s and mystic stones to make the 250 salvage kit,s then humm

"big announcements"

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

oh really then what about black lion salvage kit,s and mystic stones to make the 250 salvage kit,s then humm

In almost 3y i never bought them from the store…and i salvage a lot..also you can convert gold2gems so…

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

"big announcements"

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Because if you don’t have them, you can’t play the game at all?

No, them items are convenience items. They’re not items that you are required to have in order to play the game.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

"big announcements"

Posted by: Brother Dulfite.5793

Brother Dulfite.5793

Yea for those needing mystic kits or black lion ones gold to gem is your way to go. Once you learned how to make gold consistently it isn’t hard.

"big announcements"

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

My personal guesses: New non combat activities and leaderboards to encourage continued growth of the community in a positive and horizontal way (stuff that actually is popular and could have leaderboards, like an in game card game where we get a separate wallet for playing cards that we collect over time and play against other people, for example).

I’m not sure why you seem to assume that the other announcements will relate to HoT specifically. It read to me more like Colin would be announcing more about how GW2 will proceed after the release of HoT.

Perhaps, just perhaps, there will be a concrete release date announced. Other than that I would expect to hear a note on how quickly the living story will restart after HoT’s release and some very broad, non-committal plans on where they think they’re going with the LS, and future content generally.

"big announcements"

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

very well said and not only that but i think GW2 will now become Pay to Play! just look how the gem store is . if that ant pay to play i will buy a Daniel Webster cigar and give ever one a free good cigar

The gem store has nothing pay to play about it. Pay for convenience most definitely. The game will never go pay to play. Its a selling point of the game to be free to play. If that changes, then everyone who’s bough the game before that change should never have to pay to play. But as I said it would never happen, false advertising is a big deal. They would lose millions as players take them to cort demanding a refund of every penny they ever spent on the game. It would kill the game.in a heartbeat.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

"big announcements"

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’m trying not to speculate what the other big announcements may be. I think it would assinine of them to give us a release date when they haven’t 1)revealed all of the elite specs and 2)haven’t had more than a single “actual” beta for feedback.

They need to get the rest of the elites released, and get another beta done where all of them are available for feedback. Then they might be in an ok spot to determine a release date, after taking feedback and development time to implement their selected changes into consideration. Even after that, they should have at least one more beta to gather further feedback on those changes, and do further development based on that feedback. With all of that, it would still be pushing the envelope for ‘acceptably balanced’ when HoT launches. Honestly, I get the very distinct impression that HoT is going to end up rushed here at the end and they are going to push it out too early (as they did with the original launch) and kitten just isn’t going to be done. As such, we’ll end up with another kitten boss battle at the end of the story arc (yeah Zhaitan, I’m griping about you).

That is not what I want to see because I know Anet can do so much better. Please, please, please Anet…prove me wrong regarding the expansion’s quality.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

(edited by LanfearShadowflame.3189)

"big announcements"

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

…somehow working in that Abaddon is behind the release of the Elder Dragons and that Abaddon secretly possessed Kormir and is only appearing like Kormir just to convince the other gods that he is truly dead.

That would be terrible writing, but I could see them doing that after all this Scarlet stuff.

Really though, we didn’t just “kill” Abaddon, Kormir completely consumed his power. He is no more.
If any gods were looking to get back into the picture now that the main ones are hiding, it would be Menzies or Dhuum.

"big announcements"

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

…somehow working in that Abaddon is behind the release of the Elder Dragons and that Abaddon secretly possessed Kormir and is only appearing like Kormir just to convince the other gods that he is truly dead.

That would be terrible writing, but I could see them doing that after all this Scarlet stuff.

Really though, we didn’t just “kill” Abaddon, Kormir completely consumed his power. He is no more.
If any gods were looking to get back into the picture now that the main ones are hiding, it would be Menzies or Dhuum.

or… maybe instead of fighting against a god, we fight for a god (or both)

I can see grenth getting bored and deciding to do something.

"big announcements"

Posted by: DaveyC.4398

DaveyC.4398

xD

If they state that the future is going to be GW3 – I am done…

"big announcements"

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

xD

If they state that the future is going to be GW3 – I am done…

If they announce that GW3 is the future and they’re going back to how GW1 was done, I’m emptying out my bank account.

"big announcements"

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

It’s the Druid elite spec they’re going to be announcing.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

"big announcements"

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

They are NOT going pay to play. Neither are they announcing GW3 – they just announced an xpac. Either idea is ridiculous.

"big announcements"

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

Mini Pet arenas and Polymock! OH and something about doom, gloom and Jormag getting frisky with Primordous.

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs

"big announcements"

ham.8209

In almost 3y i never bought them from the store…and i salvage a lot..also you can convert gold2gems so…

yes but my point was if you farm to get your gold and put them to gems . it can take time if you do not play all the time. and do not use real world money to get your gems, is all i was saying.

"big announcements"

ham.8209

No, them items are convenience items. They’re not items that you are required to have in order to play the game.

yes you can do that with out getting them but then you end up wasting space for 3 or more kit,s to make a good run . worth it and if your just getting going in this game . it does make thing,s not so easy .

"big announcements"

ham.8209

The gem store has nothing pay to play about it. Pay for convenience most definitely. The game will never go pay to play. Its a selling point of the game to be free to play. If that changes, then everyone who’s bough the game before that change should never have to pay to play. But as I said it would never happen, false advertising is a big deal. They would lose millions as players take them to cort demanding a refund of every penny they ever spent on the game. It would kill the game.in a heartbeat.

true on them point,s but yet if you want to get the bl salvage kit and the mystic stones to make the 250 salvage kit,s . that costs gold and gems, both . needless to say if you got to farm that stuff instead of using real world money . to make thing,s work it takes time then . now if they was to change it and just come out with 250 salvage kit,s and say charge 15silver for them . they would be loosing out on the buying of gems, and gold and so forth and so on .

"big announcements"

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

yes you can do that with out getting them but then you end up wasting space for 3 or more kit,s to make a good run . worth it and if your just getting going in this game . it does make thing,s not so easy .

That’s the definition of a convenience item.

"big announcements"

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

big announcement could be release date… /wishful thinking

"big announcements"

ham.8209

That’s the definition of a convenience item.

gosh i did not know that thanks for that information . i will add it to my many notes so i know now not what more to buy of said items with my gold . gosh thanks for that information .

"big announcements"

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

probably revamped dungeons then

"big announcements"

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

“Oh, and one more thing…”