can't purchase heart of thorns

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Thenme.6491

Thenme.6491

when I press buy guild wars 2 button, it sends me to a blank page.
is it only me? or is it because they are updating the page?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

updating for new expansion I would guess

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Heart of Thorns is now a bundle option for the second expansion, for an extra $20.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

they originally said all future expansions would include the previous at no extra cost.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Thenme.6491

Thenme.6491

i must say that the current deal is better than before because now people who allready purchased HoT can buy it cheaper and don’t have to pay 50$
and i can buy both at 50$
this was the reason i didn’t buy HoT up to now.

Healix.5819

i must say that the current deal is better than before because now people who allready purchased HoT can buy it cheaper and don’t have to pay 50$

HoT was $50 by itself. PoF is $30 by itself, not because it doesn’t include HoT. Keep in mind that their new plan is to run the living world and expansions back to back, meaning yearly expansions. $30 every 1-1.5 years >= $50 every 2-2.5 years.

they originally said all future expansions would include the previous at no extra cost.

That was also 2 years ago. Their 1 box model was such a bad idea, it’s no surprise they abandoned it. It only caused complaints and wasn’t actually a good deal for new players. What they’re doing with HoT however is even worse for new players, as now you have to buy each individual expansion and season. HoT did so poorly however, they’re probably trying to hide it. They’ll probably end up doing the 2 box model like other MMOs, where PoF+HoT will be $20 with the 3rd expansion.

Posted by: The Final Doorman.2913

The Final Doorman.2913

Is there any way to purchase the Heart of Thorns Digital Deluxe Upgrade anymore? The shop only gives you the option of bundling the Standard Edition of HoT with Path of Fire, even if you get the Deluxe version of Path of Fire.

In the Black Lion store I don’t see a Heart of Thorns digital deluxe upgrade anymore either.

Healix.5819

In the Black Lion store I don’t see a Heart of Thorns digital deluxe upgrade anymore either.

It’s only visible if you own HoT, found under upgrades. There’s also one for the core game.

Posted by: El tobogan feliz.8571

El tobogan feliz.8571

Can I play HoT right now if I get the preorder bundle?

Posted by: Kirk Seeker.6497

Kirk Seeker.6497

Good sign to you! Dont buy this peace of crap. It’s unplayable. This addon is too hard, maps is too dificult, mobs overbuffed, and you can’t find a party on starting from 3d map. Other words – this addon too hardcore and and not for solo playing. If next addon will be the same – this game starts die more faster.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Not correct at all, check out this thread.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/PoF-Purchase-Clarification/first#post6663777