Posted by: Thorgal.1296

Thorgal.1296

I decided to run with a future Charr Revenant named " Charrdi Laforge " :p

Anyone else chosen or secured a name ?

chosen a name for your revenant yet ?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

Im not going to post mine, because it’ll get stolen, she’ll be a female Charr though. c:

After the blog post has revealed the Revenant’s colours as white and red, I think ill make her gear white, and her fur either white or a light grey.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I know mine!

He will be Kohai Burnstone, newest member of the Stone warband and very close student of Rytlock~

#nostealingorIcutyou

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Thorgal.1296

Thorgal.1296

Im not going to post mine, because it’ll get stolen, she’ll be a female Charr though. c:

After the blog post has revealed the Revenant’s colours as white and red, I think ill make her gear white, and her fur either white or a light grey.

If you have an empty character slot you can make a generic character and give it the name you want to use for your revenant .

Come HOT release day , you can delete that character and make your revenant with that name as they are "saved " to your account for 24 hours .

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

If you have an empty character slot you can make a generic character and give it the name you want to use for your revenant .

Come HOT release day , you can delete that character and make your revenant with that name as they are "saved " to your account for 24 hours .

I know, but I don’t want to buy a new character slot to do that, because if I buy a new slot, and ArenaNet gives us one for free, ill feel a bit silly having wasted the gems.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Mine will be a male human.
If I manage to recreate the face/hair of my GW1 ranger then I’ll go with my GW1 name, otherwise I’ll end using my real life name.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Costeleta.7236

Costeleta.7236

Mine will be Bro Cake

…fear the cake…

Just a nobody

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I haven’t even 100% for sure decided on race, much less name.

Leaning towards female Asura, though. Which will be quite the challenge as far as names go, since most of the lore-appropriate names have been chosen already since they’re all short and 1 word. I’ll probably end up just tossing random names into the name box until one doesn’t say its already taken.

I do have a female Asura named Chaffi that I created for starting gear, that I suppose I could delete and use that name for my Revenant. It IS lore accurate, but I’m not sure I really like the sound of it as a permanent character.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

My Mesmer’s name is Astral Projections (because she throws out clones that are astral projections of herself) so I’m calling my Revenant, Astral Possessions (because she will be calling down astral possessions to her).

Yah, I’m not into role play names. So sue me.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Leaning towards female Asura, though. Which will be quite the challenge as far as names go, since most of the lore-appropriate names have been chosen already since they’re all short and 1 word. I’ll probably end up just tossing random names into the name box until one doesn’t say its already taken.

I do have a female Asura named Chaffi that I created for starting gear, that I suppose I could delete and use that name for my Revenant. It IS lore accurate, but I’m not sure I really like the sound of it as a permanent character.

Put a title in front of the name. A lot of Asura have titles.

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

i recently made a ranger named the Master of Wimpers. i might delete him for revenant with the same name.

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Yah, that’s certainly an option and one I may have to resort to if I can’t find a normal name that works and I like the sound of. But I’d rather not have a title if I can help it, since with a title you basically have to think up your characters’ backstory in advance to make the title fit that, and I’d rather have a generic name so I can come up with backstory later.

Plus, titles are usually used for particularly important characters, and I tend to play my characters more as “just average people” and not people in positions of power or authority.

Rauderi.8706

My Mesmer’s name is Astral Projections (because she throws out clones that are astral projections of herself) so I’m calling my Revenant, Astral Possessions (because she will be calling down astral possessions to her).

Normally, I’d be shaking my old-man fist and saying ‘get off my lawn’, but in context, I find this hilarious.

Many alts; handle it!
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Belzebu.3912

My lawyer will be calling you soon >_>

Rauderi.8706

Yah, that’s certainly an option and one I may have to resort to if I can’t find a normal name that works and I like the sound of. But I’d rather not have a title if I can help it, since with a title you basically have to think up your characters’ backstory in advance to make the title fit that, and I’d rather have a generic name so I can come up with backstory later.

Plus, titles are usually used for particularly important characters, and I tend to play my characters more as “just average people” and not people in positions of power or authority.

Hmm, how does Soulomancer Revvi sound? :P

<_< Why can’t I take this thread even remotely seriously?

Many alts; handle it!

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I seem to recall my Asura being called Savant during the personal story. So there may be some more not so important type titles for the Asura.

Astral Projections.7320

My lawyer will be calling you soon >_>

Threats now? Just wait till I get back to the guild. I’m going to tell Mom! So there. (Sticks out tongue).

Posted by: BladeRain.6543

BladeRain.6543

And your Elementalist, Astral Persuasions?
And your Necromancer, Astral Afflictions?
And your Engineer, Astral Inventions?
And your Ranger, Astral Propulsions?
And your Thief, Astral Lacerations?
And your Guardian, Astral Protections?
And your Warrior, Astral Aggressions?

And your bank mule, Astral Transactions?

Ok, I’m done, sorry.

To answer the thread, yes… sort of. I keep a spreadsheet of planned/potential/probably-will-never-make characters (yes, really, see attached) and their info but I’m still deciding who will be a Revenant. The names are basically decided though.

Attachments:

=-= 80 of every class | Bad at all of them =-=
Hyperbole is the absolute worst thing in the universe.

(edited by BladeRain.6543)

Posted by: Wolfe.9850

Wolfe.9850

I’m planning to make a Sylvari Revenant. I already have his appearance picked out, although since the names not reserved and I’m not buying another slot until they go on sale or HoT releases so I’ll only give part of his name. Rohan. There’s a title but like I said, keeping that one under my hat.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I’m a RolePlayer, and I tend to come up with a back story for just about every character I make (save key farming characters).

Not that long ago, I made a human warrior. Part of his backstory was that he’d spent part of his childhood in an Inquest lab, as a test subject. They were trying to recreate how norn can call up and channel the powers of their totems in the mists, allowing them to be bigger, stronger, and shape shift. The plan was to play him as a bit “off”, and sometimes show that he had more skill and power than anyone of his training should have.

Then HoT was announced, and we started getting details on the Revenant. ::laughs:: So, he’s on the back burner for now, and will be rerolled when HoT comes out. Same name, same looks, same armor, same backstory.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Astral Projections.7320

And your Elementalist, Astral Persuasions?
And your Necromancer, Astral Afflictions?
And your Engineer, Astral Inventions?
And your Ranger, Astral Propulsions?
And your Thief, Astral Lacerations?
And your Guardian, Astral Protections?
And your Warrior, Astral Aggressions?

And your bank mule, Astral Transactions?

Ok, I’m done, sorry.

To answer the thread, yes… sort of. I keep a spreadsheet of planned/potential/probably-will-never-make characters (yes, really) and their info but I’m still deciding who will be a Revenant. The names are basically decided though.

Well, since you asked…..

Elementalist, Sandy Claws (Charr)
Necromancer, Slythy Toves
Engineer, Curl Up And Die
Ranger, Dewey Killem (Do we kill ’em)
Thief, Oops Did I Shoot You
Guardian, Resistance Is Fatal
Warrior, Slayer Of Insects (Norn and she did kill a really big worm to start off)
Mule : Ms Nomer Mesmer

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Lol Astral, some of those names are awesome.

In answer to originially posted question though: Yes, I have 3 names picked out presently for Revenents. 1 human, 1 Sylvari, 1 Charr

Sometimes, I think I have too much free time to think about this stuff…

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Jake.1430

Jake.1430

Artorias The Night

I aint trying to be imaginative with this one XD

Posted by: Syione.3046

Syione.3046

Reading about one of the skills, how the Revenant jumps up and throws the hammer down he/she will be a asura. The name will either get me in trouble, or no one will get it.

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

Reading about one of the skills, how the Revenant jumps up and throws the hammer down he/she will be a asura. The name will either get me in trouble, or no one will get it.

Wakka Mole?

Posted by: bartrentenaar.8674

bartrentenaar.8674

Magni the Bison

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I’m having a really hard time trying to come up with a revenant name now. Since seeing that epic Mallyx looking charr in the GW2 news page yesterday, I think I’m going to roll a Charr revenant now, rather than a human revenant.

Now to come up with a name that I like…. :-/

We seriously need a name suggestions thread with ideas on names (especially for revenants). Words like ‘mistwalker’ and ‘riftmaker’ and general words that tie into the mists theme would make sense.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Still deciding but I’m pretty sure it will be a male asura so it will be suitable themed.

I wasn’t interested in this class until reading about the ranged 2H hammer – sounds awesome.

Rauderi.8706

And here I thought I was being clever by having a Mist warband a long time ago. There’s going to be an entire legion of Mist-somethings running around now. (pun intended, angst faked :P)

Many alts; handle it!

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

Nope, got nothing yet.

I really hope ill find one in time. thats usually the most difficult part of char creation

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

As I’m looking at rolling a Charr I’ve been considering something along the lines of “Riftcaptain Ferrah”

I’ll look over a list of Charr given-names just to get the common sounds in my throat before I finalize anything .

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Nike.2631

Well, since you asked…..

And your mumraths outgrabe?

Ranger, Dewey Killem

For the love of the 3 gods of comedy your pet had better be named “Andhow”

Belzebu.3912

As I’m looking at rolling a Charr I’ve been considering something along the lines of “Riftcaptain Ferrah”

I’ll look over a list of Charr given-names just to get the common sounds in my throat before I finalize anything .

Usually a Charr name is: <Name (usually roman)> <Warband name> + <substantive>
Like: Pyre Fierceshot, Roan Fierceheart and Cowl Fiercetongue from the Fierce warband

Nike.2631

To answer the thread, yes… sort of. I keep a spreadsheet of planned/potential/probably-will-never-make characters (yes, really, see attached) and their info but I’m still deciding who will be a Revenant. The names are basically decided though.

I want to congratulate you on being dramatically more CDO than even myself.

(CDO is like OCD… except the letters are alphabetized the way they should be.)

Rauderi.8706

Holy magicarp, there’s someone more …word I don’t have at the moment.. than I am. o_O
“Organized.” Yes, that must be the politically correct term.

/hat-tip

Many alts; handle it!

Nike.2631

Usually a Charr name is: <Name (usually roman)> <Warband name> + <substantive>
Like: Pyre Fierceshot, Roan Fierceheart and Cowl Fiercetongue from the Fierce warband

Thanks . I knew something of the sort was going on but hadn’t seen it broken down formulaically before. The warband name is going to depend on character-string limits as I’m more interested in defining my own rank if push comes to shove.

One of my most played characters is ‘Nike Goddess of War’.
Someone asked “Why not ‘Goddess of Victory’?”
“Wouldn’t fit.”
“Then why not ‘Goddess of Win’?”
At which point I spent several minutes cussing at the screen because that was very clever but far too late.

Nike.2631

Holy magicarp, there’s someone more …word I don’t have at the moment.. than I am. o_O

It IS impressive, is it not?

“Organized.” Yes, that must be the politically correct term.

That’s what the neurotypical call it, yes.

(edited by Nike.2631)

Nike.2631

Mine will be Bro Cake

…fear the cake…

I’ma skeered!

((tremble))

Nike.2631

Magni the Bison

I’m assuming that’s a Norn…?

I can’t really get invested in developing a Norn Revenant until we hear back on Invoking vs. Racial Skills.

A Norn that can never pop their totem-elite is a broken soul.

Rauderi.8706

A Norn that can never pop their totem-elite is a broken soul.

From what I could tell of the screenshots, it looks as if Elite skills might not be affected by swapping. My impression so far is healing and utilities will be dependent on the souls equipped.

Meanwhile, would it be too slash-fictiony to have a Norn named Bjarke Brimstoneson? :P

Many alts; handle it!

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

I think I will build my first Char and call him Tasty was Gwen.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

I think I will build my first Char and call him Tasty was Gwen. Surely after a Revnant is created in the mist profession takes precedence over race.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Yes, but I wont tell here….. It’ll be a Female Charr (or at lest Charr) as I have one of every profession being charr.

Kima & Co

Nike.2631

I think I will build my first Char and call him Tasty was Gwen.

((polite tapping on the heavily armored shoulder plates)) Excuse me? Ah, yes. Pardon the interruption, but I couldn’t noticing you seem to have a little bit of… Gwen… I think… stuck in your lovely teeth. I’m sure you can remove it with your own claws now that you’re aware, but if there’s any trouble I have some floss right here in my pack… Gossamer Thread. Nothing but the finest for our Charr allies… heh… Long live the Queen! ((runs))

I’m sure you’ll be a big hit collecting your exploration goodies in Divinities Reach.

Posted by: Stein.3872

Stein.3872

Mine will be a male charr called The Master Of Mists

Astral Projections.7320

Well, since you asked…..

And your mumraths outgrabe?

Ranger, Dewey Killem

For the love of the 3 gods of comedy your pet had better be named “Andhow”

My necro is a lady and a lady never talks about her mumraths sir. No gentlemen would ask. >.>

As for Dewey Killem, his usual pets are

Brown bear (of course): Howe
Fire Drake: Jormag (a little dragon I came across and tamed in my wanderings)
Fern hound: Spot

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)