gliding interferes with hot jumping puzzles

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

Not sure if it is just me, but during longer jumps, especially ones with high vertical gaps, the glider will deploy if space bar (for jumping) is pressed slightly longer and cause you to glide over the intended platforms. Happens alot and usually the primary source of failures. I’m practicing myself to have shorter keystroke to limit this but still accidentally deploy the gliders sometimes. Any thoughts?

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

Posted by: pixelrevision.5192

pixelrevision.5192

Yes. I gave up on that kittening mastery point in verdant brink between this, wrestling with the camera and getting dumped into pits I couldn’t jump out of over and over.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

You don’t need to hold the spacebar to jump higher or longer in gw2. A tap jumps the same height and distance and holding the jump key.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I fixed that by using the experimental rifle in HoT for jumping

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

that’s even scarier when it explodes

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

I found gliding to be actually helpful when doing jumping puzzles in Heart of Thorns in that I no longer fall to my death if I miss a high jump. It’s a life saver really.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Reza.9046

Reza.9046

Yes, same here! It’s super annoying when your glider deploys when you didn’t want it to… Hopefully, Anet will allow us to keybind gliding which will execute only if we’re in the air.

Posted by: Mez Koo.9510

Mez Koo.9510

Completely agree. Tons of heart racing moments during the mushroom up when glider opened.

Solution: option to disable hold space to glide.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

oh i thought all the HoT jps were designed with gliding in mind.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

that’s even scarier when it explodes

Pop stability before you use the rifle jump.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

I never noticed this being an issue and I did map completion for all the maps pretty easily. It takes longer than a normal map but it takes way less time than normal world completion.

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

I never noticed this being an issue and I did map completion for all the maps pretty easily. It takes longer than a normal map but it takes way less time than normal world completion.

Eh… I disagree. Its way less work to map complete a HoT map than most normal maps. No hearts, plus gliding. The only hard part of map completing HoT is that some things are dependent on certain parts of the meta being done or active. Which isn’t that big of a deal if you plan your map completion to a specific time. Basically HoT maps are easy, but this is about JP not map completion so idk.

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

It needs an on off toggle. In some cases it helps (glider) and in others it just wrecks you.
And yes the verdant brink mastery points high up in the canopy have been miserable in my case as well. Nothing like that little slip that sends you sliding down to the bottom of the wreck to just get stuck in a recess with no way out except to way-point….its been frustrating and least of all enjoyable or entertaining. I don’t mind being challenged or things being difficult but I do mind when my time is wasted with an over the top run/reset to get back to the challenge.

(edited by Kamara.4187)