guild halls... in space

guild halls... in space

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

so i was watching the twitch announcement and found this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxLkfXwxLTs#t=3062 (51:01) i know its early concept but to me, it looks like a building, on a flying platform, in space – because of magic/magitech, its feasibly possible – force field to keep air in, magitech ‘thrusters’/boosters to keep in stable orbit (dont call me out on that one Im no rocket scientist (heh heh)) kept supplied with water/food/other supplies via asura gate

which got me thinking of something else…. add or more of those mist-cooled tripartate thautmatium energy weapons that was on the big airship in arah story – use the lead tracer array set for draconic energy to locate elder dragons below and blam – they are no longer an issue (basically, a heavy duty weapons platform in orbit firing lasers of death from above to unsuspecting dragons) and because its in space, there is no air or atmosphere, which means wings cannot beat against anything (why birds cant fly in vacuum…providing they have miniature oxygen tanks) so the only point of entry would be the asura gate… nothing could fly at them from below – turn off the gate and nothing can disturb you as you free the peoples of tyria

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

guild halls... in space

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

I think it’s more reasonable to call that an airship harbored near a cliff. In a sketch like this, black is just negative space and literally anything could be there. I don’t see anything in the sketch that screams “asuran”, no pyramids or familiar architecture here that scream asuran to me.

We also know that the guild halls will be in the jungle as stated https://heartofthorns.guildwars2.com/en/?_ga=1.150419126.127833180.1422404549#section-guildHalls
The other concepts of the hall in the video you linked seems to contain more ancient looking architecture; mayan esk almost.

guild halls... in space

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

H’uh, I missed that concept art, nice find.

If you look below the ship you can see mountains so it’s unlikely that the black bar represents space. It’s probably just flying like a standard airship, guild style.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

guild halls... in space

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

the ships themselves could be a collaborative effort – like the original and (ex)new pact ships – i know the halls will be in the jungle but (maybe?) for future content, a space themed hall would be awesome – get to see the planet of tyria, the sun, moon and stars (only at night when the sun is behind tyria) the scenery would look fantastic

to be honest, i thought they were going to use fractals as guild halls (its compact, and you could have many different themes without breaking any lore)

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

guild halls... in space

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

it’s a sketch, concept artists throw out like, hundreds of those around and the designers pick the things they like to get in game.

that said, i’d love a guild airship.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell