hearts and minds final boss

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

This is the worse, most buggy fight I ever. So your gilder wings don’t open you die and then just get to watch other people for 30mins because the boss has sooo many hitpoints. Anet hp does not equal challenging, it equals boring.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

HP doesn’t equal challenging, having five different special moved, plus summoning adds with special mechanics does make a challenging fight, though.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Tspatula.9086

Oh great, now the boss is bugged at 25%.. I guess third time is a charm, or even more annoying. Third time now, wings bugged dead in the box. This is SOOOO FUN! and challenging, sooooo challenging

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

I tried soloing it 4 times and couldn’t get past the magic 25% mark before I gave up. What I found interesting is each time I fought the Caithe add, then I had a guildie join me to give him a taste of the future. We didn’t fight Caithe this time but the Pale Tree, was neat seeing all the eyes everywhere, lol. But it still bugged out at 25%.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

Posted by: Doug Whisper.2465

Doug Whisper.2465

The fight itself is not difficult. But I got myself killed tons of time because of bugs. In my second run Canach did not give me his shield. If I let myself be killed to reset it, he rez me so quick I have too try it several times.

Posted by: Jephiroth.3197

Jephiroth.3197

I’ve completed it with 3 different classes. Druid, Herald, Dragonhunter. It is a very buggy fight with several different bugs to have to luck out of. I’m currently working on Reaper and Berserker will be next. It usually takes me 3-4 attempts to get a clean fight with no bugs. It’s a bummer, but makes for some extra “challenge”…. I guess.

Traumahawk: WvW Shout/Seed Sinister Druid
Ashen Mistwalker: WvW Tank/Crit Revenant
Oaken Earthlore: WvW Medi/Bunker Guardian

Posted by: DrLizardo.9251

DrLizardo.9251

Definite casual player here, that only has ascended trinkets due to laurel
accumulation.

I soloed this on an engineer, my new 80 for heart of thorns. The hardest
part by far, was the Canach evil splinter fight. Pretty much spamming the
shield Canach provided, sneaking in dps here and there. That took a long,
long time.

For the final boss, there was always lift to be found above the cluster of
friendly NPCs. I circled in that lift, dodging rocks by drop/re-application
of the glider.

For solo, I think you need a low cooldown easy to apply aoe to get past
the pale tree and final boss mordrem swarms.

I did see some of the noted “bugs”, but I guess I did not know they were
“bugs”.

The Canach shield, didn’t seem to work, so I spammed it. That
afforded enough protection to protect from the grenade attacks. But it
was tedious.

Since I stayed above the only airvent I knew about (above the
friendly NPCs), I could only dodge rocks by dropping. Using the
default (non-preorder) normal glider skin.

Mordemoth parked on the rift when I had to pull the defeated
evil Caith splinter in. So I drew it away (eventually), with ranged
attacks. After he moved, defeated Caith hung up during the rift
pull. So I range pulled mordemoth to another non-rift position,
after which I was able to complete Caith.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I will admit I never experienced any of the bugs people have been complaining about since the beginning of HoT. The only bug I saw was the floating node, I just avoided it since it turned out to be the wrong one anyway.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: JaddynnStarr.5201

JaddynnStarr.5201

I can give advice vs canach and his shield. If you watch his throw pattern, he will throw a fire bomb, you dodge that, then watch him throw a tiny detonator. when the detonator is in mid flight, hit your shield and it will reflect the detonator back at him. sometimes he reflects it back at you, but you just play ping pong with it and eventually it hits him and starts to break his bar. do the same thing for the 4 bombs he throws at you after the detonator. keep repeating this until his bar is broken. Then drop canachs shield and dps him to death, you wont need it anymore after that if you do it right. If the bar reapears, just start doing the pattern again is all. takes a bit o practice to get the timing, but very doable in less than 5-7 minutes once you get the hang of it.

Posted by: Doug Whisper.2465

Doug Whisper.2465

For Canach, if the skills on your utility bar can deal damage, he would be down much quicker.

(edited by Doug Whisper.2465)

Posted by: Nemo.5609

Nemo.5609

I have done the fight on 8 different characters now (7 times solo, 1 time duo with a guildie) and it doesn’t seem to bug that often as people say.

For the Canach fight, just ignore the shield and use your own crowd control, his break bar is fairly small and easily overcome. Other than that, it’s just strafing and ranging.
For the final boss, melee works best usually. His own attacks are pretty weak, the stunning cone is easily sidestepped, and the damaging blinding zone he puts around himself does nothing. The only dangers are the confusion-reflection shield, during which you can just stay a bit far away and wait it out, and the slowing line paths, which you should avoid. The mini torment projectiles are annoying for 1 section of the fight while you have not gotten the reflection buff, and moving around to prevent high stacks of torment works fairly well.
About the flying sequences, simply walking into the vortexes should get you into the air. Always keep an eye on the boss, when he throws a rock at you, immediately change direction and it will miss you. The last flying sequence adds a bit of the mini torment projectiles, at that time try to get to the other side of the arena (rocks are a higher priority though).

Nemo me impune lacessit

Posted by: Tyr.9637

Tyr.9637

I actually find the bosses before Modremoth alot more difficult than Modremoth himself mechanics-wise. However, on both chars I did it with I had to restart multiple times because of:

1) Portals opening in the air (suiciding to make only Modremoth reset and not the entire fight has to be done at least 3x since the NPC’s keep reviving me)
2) Glider not opening.

Bugs don’t make a fight hard, just frustrating.

Posted by: OneKlicKill.4285

OneKlicKill.4285

Idk about bugs but that fight is easy… I’ve finished it on 3 characters solo now, a zerker ele (11k hp 2 shot status) a glass condi rev (actually the easiest) and a random exotics missing amulet/ring/trinket chronomancer. The only hard fight is the pale tree solo and that you can avoid completely…

Also on the updraft part just walk on the updrafts, don’t jump into them it doesn’t work that way, walking will throw you in the air.

Adittionally you can press F on those wells but any damage will cancel it, make sure you let him smash an aoe to the side of it then do it so your not standing in aoe.

On top of this you can haste channel in half time, block, invln etc

Overall its easy unless you have 400+ ping then good kittening luck.

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

Posted by: myrtthe.3149

myrtthe.3149

Sigh. I didn’t have any issues at all in other storymissions, or in HOT (except for maps like DR being empty and noone bothering about the meta-event in TD).
BUT anyway, tonight was my 4 th (!!) attempt at this encounter.
Me and my friend picked all the times Canach and Braham.

First 3 encounters my friend opened instance:

Try 1: at the start of gliding phase we didn’t saw any updrafts whatsoever, we were instantly killed.

Try 2: Friend died on the gliding phase. Respawned died in the air outside the arena, next rift spawned there as well. So I couldn’t do anything.

Then we waited till today to play again.

Try 3: My friend dies at the start of the first gliding phase. I carry on, get all the way to the end,… then all of a sudden big mister M. does only take 635 dmg each 10 sec, after that only 635 dmg after 20 s, and after a whole long while getting his hp bar fully down, and keep on attacking another 5 minutes, nothing happens. Seems that my friend who is caged into the canopy should give the final blow. Sigh. So much time wasted.

Try 4: I eventually open the instance. At the Canach fight, Canach dies (all hp gone), but he’s still standing, no way of rezzing, we’re getting no shield whatsoever. His evil twin is perma-invulnerable but still does all of his dmg. Me and my friend can’t do any dmg to it anymore.
Well… was like my worst experience in story so far, so much bugs. I hope it gets solved soon. It could be such an awesome fight to remember. I get the being caged stuff if u die, but please let the other people in the fight be able to finish the boss off.

Posted by: Electra.7530

Electra.7530

I was doing that chapter with a friend, just the 2 of us, and the same thing happened to me. My glider wouldn’t open and I died and got put in the “time out box” while he went on with the boss. I asked him to just die so we could start over, but the npcs kept rev’g him and wouldn’t let him die.

I had to stand in the “penalty box” while he killed the boss on his own. I had like 3 or 4 chances to open my glider, but it didn’t open. I did everything I was supposed to do, but it wouldn’t open. His opened though so I thought I must have done something wrong.

I don’t know what I did wrong, but being put in “time out box” and not being allowed to rejoin the fight SUX.

Posted by: Ilvanor.1986

Ilvanor.1986

So far, my issues are as follows:

-When a rift spawns to pull in a blighted character, there is a chance that rift will spawn outside an area where it cannot be interacted with.

-When the massive strike comes, the updrafts sometimes do not appear. This chance goes up after a reset.

-When interacting with an updraft at the massive strike, the character gets thrown in the air. In a dozen tries, I have never been able to get a successful glide out of the initial toss. I have to get into the updraft and hit F in order for gliding to be successful.

- The prison. There is absolutely no reason for this other than for grief. If this is to stop achievements from being accomplished, the death should have taken care of this. If this is to stop the story from being successful, then well done. It is doing its job, but it still needs to be removed, or allow people to come back after X amount of time, or allow the player to fight their way back in some manner.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Don’t get me started on this topic. I just filed my experiences with this nonsense on the bug forum. I’m leaving it there.

Gone to Reddit.

Tspatula.9086

- The prison. There is absolutely no reason for this other than for grief.

^This. It has to be the worst idea yet in GW2.

Posted by: I Love Root Beer.1872

I Love Root Beer.1872

So, I’m going to take it that I’m not the only one who has about ripped so much of my hair out playing this final mission that I might have taken some of my brain out with my hair. I love you anet, but why? fighting the blighted eir and garm, then blighted canach was irritating enough. I’m thinking, “ok, annoying part is over.” Nope. Mordremoth is the most annoying. This is the only part of HoT that I absolutely hate, and it’s so terribly annoying, that I don’t even think I can get myself to get the rest of my lvl 80 characters through that. The only reason I refuse to just turn the game off and shoot my laptop with my AR is because if I do that and later decide my nerves are back intact, I’ll have to fight blighted eir and blighted canach. Can’t imagine what blighted Caithe or Rox would be like. Please, if it’s not already too late, FIX THIS MISSION! On second thought, after reading all these posts, I’m starting to think it’s not even worth it until a fix is made considering how much hp, he has. I don’t have the time to even kill a quarter of his health because I spend more time dying to either get rid of a bug or because updraft didn’t work. I also forgot to mention, the one time the updraft did work, my glider collapsed and I somehow ended up inside the walls. So, I’m logging out of the game now before I bludgeon myself to death. C’mon anet, it was doing SSSOOOOOOO good right up until this mission. I see where this mission could’ve been fun, and though the bugs weren’t entirely your fault (please fix them) the frustration that myself and others experienced with the current state of the mission killed everything about it. Just both some constructive criticism/ranting from a big fan.

whoop d` friggin do.

(edited by I Love Root Beer.1872)

Tspatula.9086

Or fix it so, if you beat the first two prebosses, that if you leave the instance because your frustration level has gone to BERZERK! you can start with the Mordy fight….

Posted by: I Love Root Beer.1872

I Love Root Beer.1872

Reasonable but they need to seriously fix the Morddmoth battle. Too many bugs.

whoop d` friggin do.