HoT boxed version - Hard Copy [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: JUN YANG.4328

JUN YANG.4328

Thanks Anet for this Moved. Although price is a bit high but as a veteran i will be there : )

however another question i want to ask is. did HOT release any Hard copy? i prefer a hard copy can keep. (all GW-GW2 copy is on my bookshelves )

also recording on “Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns edition before Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns‘ launch, we will add one additional character slot to your Guild Wars 2 account.”

meaning if hard copy release it won’t have extra slot?

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: DocZed.6973

DocZed.6973

I have most of my GW2 related stuff together on a shelf; the books, the 4 campaigns for GW1 as physical copies, the beta-weekend disc case, and the GW2 physical disc case. (Sadly I never got a hold of a Rytlock, the shipping was just far too much to get it to Canada)

Question being, can I expect a physical copy of ‘Heart of Thorns’? In Canada?
I’m sure it’s the last thing on people’s minds but it would be nice to add to my shelf.

All 9 classes leveled and geared to 80!
Remnants of Hope [HOPE]: Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

“Q: Will this expansion only be available digitally, or will there be a boxed edition as well?
A: Both. Once Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns is available, you’ll be able to buy it digitally or get boxed editions at retail stores.”

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/105801626-Guild-Wars-2-Heart-of-Thorns-FAQ

Posted by: DocZed.6973

DocZed.6973

Ahh, thanks man! Must have scrolled past that.
I guess it’ll just be up to my specific retailer if it’s available or not.
I hope I don’t have to take the train to Toronto just to get a copy like I did for GG:Xrd.

All 9 classes leveled and geared to 80!
Remnants of Hope [HOPE]: Tarnished Coast

Posted by: heavyscythe.9780

heavyscythe.9780

Will there be any boxed editions of the expansion ?

I definitely want to pick up a Collector’s Edition with an Art Book if it comes out.

Zaaik, Alrun Gunnarson, Relga Thorwalds, Gerosh Crankwolf,
Serenity Moon [MOON]
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I’m not sure there will be a boxed edition, or at least a boxed Collector’s Edition. Now that they’re selling pre-orders on it, we have all-digital Standard, Deluxe, and Ultimate tiers, without a physical or Collector’s one in sight.

They could still do a boxed release, but the problem with doing a Collector’s Edition is that some people are going to buy the Ultimate ($100) right away because they want the biggest version, and then find themselves in a pickle if Anet announces a boxed Collector’s Edition for $150 or whatever. Cue mass refund requests and order-switching.

I mean, they could still do that, but it would a pretty boneheaded move due to all of the customer service calls they’d have to deal with. There could be a “Heroic Edition” or something down the line, like they did with the base game, but it would be silly to burn that initial purchase hype and then announce the REAL ultimate edition a month later.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Nomad.4301

Nomad.4301

Would like an answer to this as well.

Not a huge credit-card user and an option to buy a physical copy for my shelf would be MUCH preferred if made available.

Posted by: Angel.6085

Angel.6085

Totally agree, I will totally be buying the $100 one but I’d really like a physical box.

YB>DB>BG>SOR>TC>BG>FA>DB>SOS>BP Guardian
Formerly [rB], [OPED], [Choo]
Guild Leader [DN] Digital Nemesis

Posted by: heavyscythe.9780

heavyscythe.9780

Boxed Editions are also nice as you can put the box on display !!

Zaaik, Alrun Gunnarson, Relga Thorwalds, Gerosh Crankwolf,
Serenity Moon [MOON]
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

I want a boxed edition too because I want to use my Best Buy store credit card to purchase the expansion.

I have to buy the expansion for multiple active accounts (one for NA and one for EU). Right now, I only have enough room on my Bank of America account to purchase one digital copy. I can’t use my Best Buy store card to buy the digital version. This sucks!

EDIT: I’m also going to add that I get more rewards with my Best Buy store card. That’s why I prefer to buy HoT straight from Best Buy itself. I hope Anet releases a boxed version.

(edited by kta.6502)

Posted by: Erylian.8405

Erylian.8405

I’m buying the expansion regardless but I’d also like to hear a definite yay or nay on this. I had my hopes for a physical CE.

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

I think there should be:

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/94582027-Heart-of-Thorns-Pre-Purchase-FAQ

Can I pre-purchase through my favorite retailer?
Yes. Starting on June 23, 2015, you’ll be able to pre-purchase boxed and digital editions of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns from our official retail partners. You may also be able to pre-order through retailers, but there is no official pre-order program and pre-purchasing is the only way to receive the benefits of our pre-purchase program, including access to all of the Beta Weekend Events.
Note that the Ultimate edition is only available for purchase in-game and via buy.guildwars2.com. Additionally, there won’t be an option to upgrade to the Ultimate edition later if you decide to purchase the Standard or Deluxe edition.

Posted by: Erylian.8405

Erylian.8405

Thanks for the link.

“Is there a physical collector’s edition planned for Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns?

There are no plans for a physical collector’s edition for Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns. Heart of Thorns will be offered in Standard, Deluxe, and Ultimate Editions (all of which are available for pre-purchase and include digital in-game bonuses only). "

-sad trombone noise-

Oh well. ^^>

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Next

There is no boxed Ultimate Edition version of the game and no other editions of the game being offered beyond what you see on buy.guildwars2.com.

We have an FAQ that covers this and other questions you may have: https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/94582027-Heart-of-Thorns-Pre-Purchase-FAQ

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

Yes. Starting on June 23, 2015, you’ll be able to pre-purchase boxed and digital editions of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns from our official retail partners…

Awesome sauce! I didn’t this this bit of info earlier. Thanks for the info!

Now I’ll be able to buy two expansions at the same time with my Best Buy card instead of buying each xpac on my BoA card a month or two apart. That makes things alot easier.

Posted by: smitske.4912

smitske.4912

There is no boxed Ultimate Edition version of the game and no other editions of the game being offered beyond what you see on buy.guildwars2.com.

We have an FAQ that covers this and other questions you may have: https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/94582027-Heart-of-Thorns-Pre-Purchase-FAQ

Well your FAQS are pretty useless since the answer seems to get changed.

Posted by: Kapina.9012

Kapina.9012

I really prefer physical copies instead of boring digital ones. It sucks that people like me will miss the title and Beta-access just because we’d rather have physical copy instead.

I’d like clarification about physical copy pre-ordering, since the FAQ seems to be little out of date.

Posted by: getzzzonked.7609

getzzzonked.7609

@Regina: Just want to put my 2 pence in. Prices are grand, no problems there. In game items seem cool. Very disappointed that there is a physical collectors edition, but I can understand you probably have financial reasons for not being able to do one. Also quite disappointed that I can’t buy an Ultimate Edition from a retailer. My partner and I would both be buying the Ultimate if we could get a physical box. We liked boxed games. And Books. We’re old fashioned. So we will probably only be buying the Standard Edition.
Feel like this prepurchase scheme may have been rushed through to gather some revenue and could have been thought out better to include the desires of more players. Saying that unfortunately makes me sound entitled like those who are currently moaning about prices and packages… What can ya do….

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
[EXE] Piken Square EU

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I really prefer physical copies instead of boring digital ones. It sucks that people like me will miss the title and Beta-access just because we’d rather have physical copy instead.

I’d like clarification about physical copy pre-ordering, since the FAQ seems to be little out of date.

You’re not going to miss the title and beta access.

It says in the FAQ and has been quoted in this topic that boxed copies will be available for pre-purchase from the 23rd of June. That’s next Tuesday, 6 days time.

They’re not going to bring the expansion out before then and I’d be surprised if they even have a beta before then. Therefore it’s still in the pre-purchase period and you’ll get the same things as everyone else.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Meh, what a disapointment.
It`s not like there was a demand for boxed editions in general.

I am sorry. Who didn`t want a cool wooden box like you gave out on the community events?
A cool T-shirt? A little figurine? An Artbook? A simple map?

Seriously. Maybe it isn`t as profitable, but it is very good marketing.

I am seriously not ready to spend up to 100€ just for digital stuff. Digital stuff which is really only “nice to have” and the only one worth having should have been in the expansion already: The Character Slot for which I am certainly not paying 25€ more.

Sure the digital stuff is “nice”, even it banks on group mentality for the Guild Hall decoration and the other things are just “okay” and allready showing the future of the gemstore, which is just scary. Not in a good way…

Combine that with the forced core game I am not seeing the value here on the digital market. Money I would have spend on the physical market right away, though.
btw. 4000Gems? What a joke. Courency you create youself? Thats like giving someone a gift card: “here, buy yourself something nice.”
How is that Ultimate?

The link doesn`t work for me. It seems to be bound to some account.

(edited by Jaken.6801)

Posted by: particlepinata.9865

particlepinata.9865

If there wont be any boxed editions i hope the merchandice will be expanded in the near future. Would very much want to buy the new soundtrack on cd, Art Book and a Statue (rev Rytlock for example). I love rl solid collectors items.

Posted by: Repuran.1859

Repuran.1859

I have no qualms over the costing of the expansion and if it comes to it I will purchase the ultimate edition without a doubt after having played this game since release.

However, I’m slightly concerned about the lack of physical edition. On my shelf in my room I have GW Prophecies, Factions, Nightftall, EoTN and Guild Wars 2 next to all of my favourite classic Nintendo games.

Is there really going to be no physical edition or will we see it announced in the near future?

I plan to purchase the digital ultimate edition but I’d just like clarification on a physical copy release and when/if it will come.

Full time Engi, Part time Ele

Posted by: Aleksander Suburb.4287

Aleksander Suburb.4287

Same here. I want the collector’s edition (maybe with a figure of caithe? or better logan ^^ )

Guild Wars balancing concept: Never change a ruined system!

Posted by: Ranatoa.4869

Ranatoa.4869

They write FAQS for a reason. There will be boxed copies of the standard and deluxe versions available starting June 23rd. The ultimate edition is only available via digital download.

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/94582027?utm_source=newsletter_gw2&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=hot-pre-purchase_us_06162015

Posted by: Haleth.7543

Haleth.7543

Will Heart of Thorns be available at other retail stores such as Amazon, Gamestop, Bestbuy, etc?

“I’m a soldier, a ground-pounder, front-line infantry. I face the enemy head-on.”

Grundar Sanguare [POOF] Tarnished Coast

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Will Heart of Thorns be available at other retail stores such as Amazon, Gamestop, Bestbuy, etc?

Yes. Starting on June 23, 2015, you’ll be able to pre-purchase boxed and digital editions of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns from our official retail partners. You may also be able to pre-order through retailers, but there is no official pre-order program and pre-purchasing is the only way to receive the benefits of our pre-purchase program, including access to all of the Beta Weekend Events.

Note that the Ultimate edition is only available for purchase in-game and via buy.guildwars2.com. Additionally, there won’t be an option to upgrade to the Ultimate edition later if you decide to purchase the Standard or Deluxe edition.

The Burninator

Posted by: CZaR.8935

CZaR.8935

PLEASE if ther is no physical copy im probalably not playing cause i dont have a credit card to buy stuff on the internet, theres probly another way but… i dont seem to care enough to bother figuring it out, soooo if i cant buy it at the store im not buying it at all…

Posted by: Avariz.8241

Avariz.8241

PLEASE if ther is no physical copy im probalably not playing cause i dont have a credit card to buy stuff on the internet, theres probly another way but… i dont seem to care enough to bother figuring it out, soooo if i cant buy it at the store im not buying it at all…

Anet is currently using Paypal services. Paypal is international and accept debit payment.

Posted by: XeoShock.7094

XeoShock.7094

Paypal all the way, you can add funds from your bank or credit card if you do get one in future, it is also the safest way to pay on the internet imo.

FAQs…

Lest We Forget

Posted by: King.1985

King.1985

Plus, if you really wanted, you could go to your local walgreens/walmart/corner store/ etc etc and buy a prepaid visa for online shopping.. I think they even sell paypal money packs everywhere as well.. That’s what I used to do as a YUNG gamer.
-Only down side is the like $5 cost of the card or whatever

CZaR.8935

like i said…. if i cant pick it up after work on my way home i wont bother, if i gotta go to the bank to open some watever account or credit nonsense, i wont bother, if i cant add the box to my collection of games on my shelf, i definetly wont bother, and if i gotta bother to bother i probably wont bother, cause 50bucks for not much isnt worth me getting bothered. the only thing im gonna do is let a net know i cant be bothered

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Well, it did say that they’ll be selling it through Best Buy, GameStop, and one other place that I don’t recall. You can’t get the most expensive version that way, but the other two are supposed to be there as of sometime before the end of this month.

(They gave a date, but I don’t recall what it was.)

If you wait, you might miss a beta event that won’t have much more than what we’ve seen before. So, no real harm in waiting for a bit and then seeing if any stores near you have it for prepurchase.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can pick up a boxed copy of the Standard or Deluxe edition of Heart of Thorns at authorized retailers starting June 23rd.

You can read more about pre-purchasing HoT in the HoT FAQ accessed through the ‘Support’ link above/below.

Good luck.

CZaR.8935

You can pick up a boxed copy of the Standard or Deluxe edition of Heart of Thorns at authorized retailers starting June 23rd.

You can read more about pre-purchasing HoT in the HoT FAQ accessed through the ‘Support’ link above/below.

Good luck.

Thanks you just made my day^^

Q: Will this expansion only be available digitally, or will there be a boxed edition as well?
A: Both. Once Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns is available, you’ll be able to buy it digitally or get boxed editions at retail stores.

Looks like Czar Yzara is coming back to tyria once the game comes out
(hope they wont edit the FAQ on me again xp)

(edited by CZaR.8935)

Posted by: jaekobcaed.4098

jaekobcaed.4098

Hey guys, I know A.Net mentioned that there will be both digital and physical copies of HoT available, but I can’t find any further information on this. I plan on purchasing the Ultimate Edition, but I want to get the physical copy of HoT. Is there any way I can do this? I’d even be willing to pay a little extra more for a physical copy of the expansion itself, but I also want all the benefits that come with the Ultimate Edition. I’m just not willing to spend $99 + $50 for a physical copy if I can’t get the Ultimate Edition with a physical copy.

So basically, my question is this: does anyone know if/how/where I can pre-order a physical version of the expansion, but still get the benefits of the Ultimate Edition without having to buy the two separate? GW2 is pretty much my favorite MMO at this point, so I’d absolutely LOVE to have a physical version of HoT if possible.

Thanks ahead of time for any responses.

Jaekob Caed
Level 80 Human Guardian
[ZAP]Twisted Inventors of Tyria and [LOFT]Lots of Fun Things

Posted by: Angel.6085

Angel.6085

Ultimate is available online only not physically.

Physical copies are essentially Standard copies, IIRc. You would have to buy two.

YB>DB>BG>SOR>TC>BG>FA>DB>SOS>BP Guardian
Formerly [rB], [OPED], [Choo]
Guild Leader [DN] Digital Nemesis

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

The Ultimate edition will not be available via physical copy:

You will be able to buy Standard or Deluxe through retailers June 23rd. From the same link above:

Also note, there is no option to upgrade to the Ultimate version if you buy Standard or Deluxe.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: jaekobcaed.4098

jaekobcaed.4098

Crap, that’s unfortunate. Oh well, I may just buy a physical copy down the road if I can find one for a good deal, just to have for the collection.

Anyways, thanks for the responses guys

Jaekob Caed
Level 80 Human Guardian
[ZAP]Twisted Inventors of Tyria and [LOFT]Lots of Fun Things

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

At my retailer, there’s only a physical copy of the basic package. When inquired, they answered that no physical copies of deluxe or Ultimate packages exist.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Hi All,

Okay I’m confused- is it available from RETAIL stores?
HOT Deulxe Editions:
http://uk.mmoga.net/Guild-Wars-2/Guild-Wars-2-Key/Guild-Wars-2-Heart-of-Thorns-Addon-Deluxe-Edition.html – Price: £ 54.43 (was) £ 47.17 [NOW !] (Stock: AVAILABLE – Shipping now?)

ANET Price: £59.99

Normal Add on Edition
http://uk.mmoga.net/Guild-Wars-2/Guild-Wars-2-Key/Guild-Wars-2-Heart-of-Thorns-Addon.html?ref=392¤cy=GBP – Price £31.20 (was) £29.03 [NOW!]

ANET PRice: £34.99

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Guild-Wars-Heart-Thorns-Purchase/dp/B010023XAQ/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1434720472&sr=1-3&keywords=guild+wars+2+heart+of+thorns £28.74

Seems like to me a 20% off rate is across the board from retail locations giving the same code?

Thanks

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Those may, or may not, be Pre-purchase Editions. Make sure you read the fine print.

Good luck.

Posted by: amidare.9561

amidare.9561

For example Polish Official Retailer (gram.pl) sell basic version for 169pln which is equal to 41€.

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

Those may, or may not, be Pre-purchase Editions. Make sure you read the fine print.

Good luck.

Did you look at the links?

They are the pre-purchase versions.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

I wouldent trust that site at all. We got no information on physical copies being released

Posted by: Ranatoa.4869

Ranatoa.4869

I wouldent trust that site at all. We got no information on physical copies being released

Yes we did, it’s in their FAQ

Standard and Deluxe editions will be available in retail stores starting June 23rd. They have a list of official retailers on the FAQ as well.

Posted by: Alexxander.8306

Alexxander.8306

Is that a rumor or did Anet buff veteran accounts with a free GW2 pass?

I’m 100% okay with this as a resolution, its effectively (pricewise) the same as handing out sale-price GW2 accounts, the base game can have ads for HoT plastered all over to advertise to new players that we give the codes to.

Posted by: Palindrome.8904

Palindrome.8904

Until you see the description change on the pre-purchase page, this rumor has no basis in reality.

Posted by: MarkoNS.3261

MarkoNS.3261

Hello its a simple question will i be able to go to the store and buy a boxed version of hot expansion ?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Yes, starting on June 23rd, from authorized retailers. =)

(Note: The Ultimate edition is only available through ArenaNet – in-game or from buy.guildwars2.com)

Good luck.

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Yes, starting on June 23rd, from authorized retailers. =)

(Note: The Ultimate edition is only available through ArenaNet – in-game or from buy.guildwars2.com)

Good luck.

Where are you getting your information? It’s been confirmed that there will be no versions of HoT beyond what is offered.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Boxed-Editions