hot getting easier?

hot getting easier?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: boingy.7251

boingy.7251

hi. first post.

does anyone know if hot will be getting made any easier in the patch next week?
i really want to do the story but i have been holding off buying it because it makes you do everything in a group which i would not enjoy.

it is quite cheap now but i need to be able to work through things on my own at my own pace.

hot getting easier?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Some reworks are expected, but we don’t know what form they will take.

It also does not “make” you do everything in a group. The story is soloable and you can get from point to point between the story on your own too. The group stuff tends to be around some of the events and also many of the hero points.

I would suggest if you are concerned though, continue to wait for the patch notes next week or keep an eye on the dev tracker here or on Reddit in case they let slip any previews.

hot getting easier?

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

Yeah, I would like to chime in and say that indeed the story is indeed vey solo able. I went through by myself and played through the entire story and even got through most of the mapping (minus most hero points). Now, of course there is a learning curve, so expect to have to learn new tactics and such, but learning isn’t terribly difficult.

hot getting easier?

Posted by: boingy.7251

boingy.7251

thanks for your replies. i think you may be overestimating my ability and my apetite for challenge.

there are enough posts about difficulty and grouping on this forum and on reddit to make me know that hot would not be enjoyable for me as it is now. i tend not to play the harder parts of these types of games. i bought all of the first gw games and really enjoyed them but i never did any of the hard dungeons or bosses and never did hard mode.

in this game i have spent a bit of time in silverwastes and drytop but not really enjoyed them and i really struggled to complete the story line. in other words, i am nowhere near an expert player. i just enjoy wandering around collecting stuff and doing simple quests. i think i’d like gliding and i’d like to make a revenent and i’d like to continue the story.

i don’t know why they did not include some easy areas in hot. guildwars has always been about lots of easy content and some optional hard content.

hot getting easier?

Narcemus.1348

HoT was mostly designed to I’ve players a higher level of challenge not available in the core game, and it really only gave a small portion area to the game, so it makes sense they would focus it all on difficult.

hot getting easier?

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

in this game i have spent a bit of time in silverwastes and drytop but not really enjoyed them and i really struggled to complete the story line.

HoT will likely see some nerfs next patch considering they’ve been talking about it basically since it released. I wouldn’t count on it being made easier than season 2 or the pre-HoT 80 content though. ArenaNet agreed that there was too much focus on group content, so I’d expect to see most events made into regular events. The story is actually already nerfed since certain enemies deal less damage than what they do in the open world.

guildwars has always been about lots of easy content and some optional hard content.

The original beta for GW2 was actually more like HoT in terms of difficulty. If you failed to dodge certain attacks, you were likely dead as they dealt enough damage to 1 shot you. That was all nerfed however to appeal to more players.

hot getting easier?

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

thanks for your replies. i think you may be overestimating my ability and my apetite for challenge.

there are enough posts about difficulty and grouping on this forum and on reddit to make me know that hot would not be enjoyable for me as it is now. i tend not to play the harder parts of these types of games. i bought all of the first gw games and really enjoyed them but i never did any of the hard dungeons or bosses and never did hard mode.

in this game i have spent a bit of time in silverwastes and drytop but not really enjoyed them and i really struggled to complete the story line. in other words, i am nowhere near an expert player. i just enjoy wandering around collecting stuff and doing simple quests. i think i’d like gliding and i’d like to make a revenent and i’d like to continue the story.

i don’t know why they did not include some easy areas in hot. guildwars has always been about lots of easy content and some optional hard content.

I enjoyed the difficulty level of the core Tyria story instances. LS 2 instances were distinctly more challenging for me comparatively, and I didn’t really enjoy the increase in challenge. HoT story content felt very similar to me to the LS2 instances – challenging enough to be somewhere between painful and annoying to me needing to redo several of them more than once and I never took all of my alts through because I just don’t enjoy all the dying and redoing.

Your playstyle sounds similar to mine. One of my main frustrations with HoT maps is the inability to really take my time and enjoy the scenery the way I did with all the core Tyria maps except for maybe Orr. I got frustrated with depending on other players to do some of the Hero Challenges that aren’t soloable, too. And there are several map completion items that you need to complete a story instance to access or need to have the meta progress to access – both of which lower the feeling that I can just go out, work on a map whenever I want to, and get it done regardless of what other people are doing.

hot getting easier?

Narcemus.1348

I’m sorry you found the instances hard. Unless I was trying for specific achievements I found Season 2 and HoT to be fairly easy, minus a few definite hard spots. But I may just be biased because the only character I’ve played through with is a Necromancer and they are just relatively tanky. But I’ve never considered myself an elite character. I’ve never done the raid, and I’ve hardly run dungeons because of that. I definitely think it’s worth a shot, but I may be completely wrong. Everyone is different after all!

hot getting easier?

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I hope so too op, the grind and the difficulty is too much.

hot getting easier?

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

@OP. None of us really know what is coming tomorrow but I doubt it will be enough of a nerf for you based on your description.

I’d like to see a little bit of a nerf rather than a full-on nerf.

hot getting easier?

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

If you know how to dodge, and not to stand in the things that will kill you, you’ll be fine. I found playing through HoT with a ranged class really easy, my full zurker ranger was easy mode. The only thing i found hard when I first played through was the HC, and some areas where mobs are quite dense.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

hot getting easier?

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

There’s a good chance there will be some changes akin to what they did in Orr. But, for now, it’s pure speculation.

We don’t know yet.

Gone to Reddit.