how are people making gold now?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

wit the dungeon nerf and fracs giving close to nothing, how is everyone making gold?

only way I ever made gold in this game is crafting and sell damask and insignias, but with leather added and the prices shooting up even that has become close to non rewarding

Posted by: Rayzah.4235

Rayzah.4235

You answered the question yourself, since the prices for crafting materials went up its even more profitable to sell them.

You could do two things, first you could farm stuff like metals or wood, there are good maps out there in the www where you can find the best places doing that. Second, if you don’t have a problem with ZergWars, go to the Silver Wastes for chestfarming or places like Cursed Shore for champfarming. Salvage everything you get and sell it.

Azure.8670

You answered the question yourself, since the prices for crafting materials went up its even more profitable to sell them.

You could do two things, first you could farm stuff like metals or wood, there are good maps out there in the www where you can find the best places doing that. Second, if you don’t have a problem with ZergWars, go to the Silver Wastes for chestfarming or places like Cursed Shore for champfarming. Salvage everything you get and sell it.

you know I actually wouldnt mind going to cursed shore again, its been a long time

Posted by: slimike.1693

slimike.1693

This isnt totally true, wvw no longer has nodes, it has synthesizers, which give 3 random ore per synthesizer, so you won’t make much at all there. I have run iron/plat runs before and I ended up getting about 4G for an hour of farming nodes (on a Nike war) so not that great. You could always try to play the tp to tho, that’s your best bet imo.

-Magswag

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

Mindless farming and being opportunistic.

This morning as soon as the patch came out I read the notes and saw that Heavy Supply Bags were re-introduced. I immediately went into WvW and farmed as many as I could and sold them for nearly 3g each before people could remove their buy orders. It was a good morning!

Posted by: Rayzah.4235

Rayzah.4235

@ slimike:

W(orld)W(ide)W(eb) not WvW

That was only a hint to look to the inet before farming, many websites provide maps that show the best spots.

(edited by Rayzah.4235)

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I’ve been making quite a bit of bank in, get this, Tangled Depths. I’ve been trying to run the meta a lot lately, even though I already have a success on my belt.

Once you’ve navigated the map, the rewards are quite good, even for failed events. Once you’ve gotten a lot of ley-line crystals, buy a crap ton of chak acid and use it to dissolve the crystals that cover the entirety of the map. You’ll get a large amount of random loot.

Also, it is good practice for the Gerent.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Azure.8670

I’ve been making quite a bit of bank in, get this, Tangled Depths. I’ve been trying to run the meta a lot lately, even though I already have a success on my belt.

Once you’ve navigated the map, the rewards are quite good, even for failed events. Once you’ve gotten a lot of ley-line crystals, buy a crap ton of chak acid and use it to dissolve the crystals that cover the entirety of the map. You’ll get a large amount of random loot.

Also, it is good practice for the Gerent.

actually this is what I do as well, but I do it for the ley line sparks. I took a break from it because ive been working on the legendary axe…. hmmm ty

Posted by: Animism.6849

Animism.6849

Basically – we aren’t.
Anyone who recommends farming champion trains is concerning.
All the current methods in game of making gold are entirely sub-par to what we had before.

Bring back dungeon rewards please…

Posted by: Werdx.2059

Werdx.2059

wit the dungeon nerf and fracs giving close to nothing, how is everyone making gold?

only way I ever made gold in this game is crafting and sell damask and insignias, but with leather added and the prices shooting up even that has become close to non rewarding

SW farm 25/8

Since i need full ascended gear,along with professions leveling,i need 1400 gold

I feel sorry for people,who got 2-3 classes with different weapons and armors.

But,it is how it is.We can not change it,and its never going to be better.

Arena Net,rely on $ for Gems,that’s why getting gold is harder than in other MMO games,and as i said,its never going to be better,because that would mean less $ for Arena Net.

We should expect this kind of trade,first time they announced “micro” transactions.

(edited by Werdx.2059)

Animism.6849

SW farm 25/8

Since i need full ascended gear,along with professions leveling,i need 1400 gold

Arena Net,rely on $ for Gems,that’s why getting gold is harder than in other MMO games,and as i said,its never going to be better,because that would mean less $ for Arena Net.

We should expect this kind of trade,first time they announced “micro” transactions.

Anet likely lose most of their gem sales to gold-selling sites, which offer a larger amount of gold for a smaller amount of money. Gems – being stabilised with the market, could be used to directly combat this instead, = more sales = more money.
Instead what they do is increase the value of gold, a dubious way for them to make more money. What’s even more snide, is that it happened at the time of the expansion release. Getting greedy I think.

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

SW farm 25/8

Anet likely lose most of their gem sales to gold-selling sites, which offer a larger amount of gold for a smaller amount of money. Gems – being stabilised with the market, could be used to directly combat this instead, = more sales = more money.
Instead what they do is increase the value of gold, a dubious way for them to make more money. What’s even more snide, is that it happened at the time of the expansion release. Getting greedy I think.

That’s a lot of speculation.

Animism.6849

SW farm 25/8

That’s a lot of speculation.

Agreed. Aside from them indirectly increasing the value of gold.

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Basically – we aren’t.
Anyone who recommends farming champion trains is concerning.
All the current methods in game of making gold are entirely sub-par to what we had before.

Bring back dungeon rewards please…

Actually, by doing a rudimentary flax farm (on my alts), quartz crystal gathering for ley-line tools, treasure mushroms, and also by crafting jeweled damask/deldrimoor, I’m making quite a lot of bank. I’ve bought 6 full Viper Sets, 800 gems, and am currently sitting at 250 gold. The income is so high that I’m actually going to buy a commander tag.

If you want a braindead easy way to gather money, there’s a elder wood log farm at Rayham Bayt in Malchiors Leap. Go there with your alts, chop the wood, and then do whatever you want for a few hours, then come back and chop the wood again. It is about 30 silver per toon, so if you have a lot of alts it is several gold of windfall every few hours. It is fast and easy.

Gather your quartz. That stuff is valuable, and it takes 10 minutes out of your day to do. If you have the home node you’ll get enough to make a ley-line infused tool, which sells for 5 gold or so. 5 gold in 10 minutes is a steal, but if you can’t craft it then you can sell the quarts for 2g to 2.5g. Drytop itself is a decent way to make money, since it mass-produces coarse sand and the geodes you gather can buy keys to open up the locked chests.

Heck, every HoT map meta is good for cash. You just have to commit and be there early enough to get the 200% contribution. The easiest map for this is Auric Basin, which by happenstance is also loaded with ancient wood logs and orichalcum ore. You can see at a glance which events need doing, and the only “organizing” you need to do is the taxi for the big event, or maybe a small group to do some of the harder events. After AB is Dragon Stand, which needs bodies but tends to organize itself.. Around map close a lot of people will stand around and join a squad, so when the group fragments into different maps everybody can taxi in on the commander instantly. It is recommended to do each map, though, as getting enough of the map specific ascended material lets you craft jeweled deldrimoor and damask, which when bought on the TP nets you around 100% profit.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: Carlo.9638

Carlo.9638

Posted by: Carlo.9638

Carlo.9638

I took a break from playing the game for about 2 years, came back for HOT and realized the original game maps, especially the mid level maps like 40-55 level for all races have a lot of valuable “press F farming style.” For example, platinum ore nodes, lower level woods and others can sell very nicely in the TP at the moment. So, go back in the old maps, do some map completions, farm nodes, get some XP, have fun in the game all over again. After my 2 year break, I went straight to HOT obviously, because I paid for that game content and was overwhelmed with all the requirements. Mastery points are a grind. So, instead I went back to the old world and farmed. Now, I might have to leave the game again because I can’t join some of the new content due to ascended requirements. Ascended gear is not attainable for a casual player like me. Oh well, but yeah make gold by going back to old maps, farm nodes and sell it.

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

I am just playing where ever and on which ever map I feel like at the time and making gold. Not doing anything specific really just harvesting everything, killing everything and doing every event that pops up. Doing nothing new for me, just having fun and making lots more gold than I can spend.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Mindless farming and being opportunistic.

i.e. same as before, just with different details

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Kampilan.3895

Kampilan.3895

One of the farming suggestions I put up on our Guild Message of the Day is to go with the World Boss Hunt Trains and BREAK the stuff you get.

Breaking the greens and blues can get you mats you can sell for a decent amount at the AH. And if you’re even moderately lucky, breaking the yellows will spawn Ecto orbs. Just a few can net you over 1 gold.

Also, yes, mine Iron and Platinum nodes. So much in demand, those two.

Posted by: Rodriguez.8106

Rodriguez.8106

an extremly good method is the auric basin meta Event. if u can complete it the big chests under tarir have a good Chance for containing black Diamonds which about 4 g each. i got 3 Diamonds last time i made the Event. and u can repeat it multiple times each day.

Posted by: JVJD.4912

JVJD.4912

Crafting mat prices are very high now , even thick leather sections has gone up from 17 copper to 79 copper lmao
So imagine all the other mats then