i don't want to pve

i don't want to pve

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

as i was playing wvw tonight, i realized that the chest of the mists i had earned on my finished reaper was soulbound. I thought, “oh i’ll slot this in the bank and pull it out on my revenant…” no. i’m sure this has been asked before, but why are these soul bound? why are the tokens soulbound too? why are you bottlenecking the community into playing the pve content?

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

i don't want to pve

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Well, they aren’t. They’re bottlenecking everyone, WvW or PvE, into playing on the alt they want to raise up. At least they aren’t making us do the full collections of the elite weapons on the alts that will use them, hmm?

But hero challenges are character specific in PvE, so they are specific in WvW as well. We PvE’ers don’t get to zip around to the HP challenges on one favorite alt churning out elites for our other alts either, y’know.

i don't want to pve

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Well, they aren’t. They’re bottlenecking everyone, WvW or PvE, into playing on the alt they want to raise up. At least they aren’t making us do the full collections of the elite weapons on the alts that will use them, hmm?

But hero challenges are character specific in PvE, so they are specific in WvW as well. We PvE’ers don’t get to zip around to the HP challenges on one favorite alt churning out elites for our other alts either, y’know.

heres to hoping you realize how slow of a grind it is to get the required amount of tokens compared to doing it in pve. main point of my post: not everyone likes pve, some of us completely loathe it. there is little logical sense why those chests couldn’t remain account bound.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

i don't want to pve

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

heres to hoping you realize how slow of a grind it is to get the required amount of tokens compared to doing it in pve. main point of my post: not everyone likes pve, some of us completely loathe it. there is little logical sense why those chests couldn’t remain account bound.

Because hero points are character progression and not account progression.

That being said, they could do something to reduce the grind for players who prefer to only play WvW. Either by increasing the drop rate of the chests or decreasing the total number of tokens needed. I do get why those of you who prefer to do WvW only are upset over the change.

i don't want to pve

Posted by: JVJD.4912

JVJD.4912

The only true pvp is a death match where the ONLY possible way of victory is to kill the other player

WvW is both pve + pvp , you are using environmental objects to destroy other environmental objects, you are killing npcs to capture keeps and stuff
You can keep killing ppl in WvW but if you don’t capture anything you don’t rack up enough points to win :/
So saying you don’t want to pve is wooot?? *Scratches head

i don't want to pve

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

The only true pvp is a death match where the ONLY possible way of victory is to kill the other player

WvW is both pve + pvp , you are using environmental objects to destroy other environmental objects, you are killing npcs to capture keeps and stuff
You can keep killing ppl in WvW but if you don’t capture anything you don’t rack up enough points to win :/
So saying you don’t want to pve is wooot?? *Scratches head

You wanted to say. “The only true pvp is a death match where the ONLY possible way of victory is to kill the other player, and doing this with 4-1 as much as you can”
Yeah true pvp.

i don't want to pve

Posted by: Bruno.3812

Bruno.3812

as i was playing wvw tonight, i realized that the chest of the mists i had earned on my finished reaper was soulbound. I thought, “oh i’ll slot this in the bank and pull it out on my revenant…” no. i’m sure this has been asked before, but why are these soul bound? why are the tokens soulbound too? why are you bottlenecking the community into playing the pve content?

I’ve read of one workaround. Play on one char until you’re close to getting a chest then switch to the char that needs the chest.

Not particularly convenient, I know.

i don't want to pve

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

ANET has neglected and shafted WvW players for years. They have no clue what WvW players want but somehow have this misguided idea that the tons of hours we spend in PvE are because we like it.

Manditory PvE was tolerable before because there wasn’t much of it and usually there was some choice involved. But after HoT, PvE has become a craptastic grind forced upon us whether we like it or not. Don’t ask for sympathy from the PvE players, they are just as clueless as ANET is.

HoT was a huge slap in the face to WvW players. Predictable considering ANET’s misguided mindset. I’m not sure how the devs talked themselves into this nonsense, but I hope HoT was enough of a disaster to slap the devs back into reality.

(edited by Grim West.3194)

i don't want to pve

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

ANET has neglected and shafted WvW players for years. They have no clue what WvW players want but somehow have this misguided idea that the tons of hours we spend in PvE are because we like it.

Manditory PvE was tolerable before because there wasn’t much of it and usually there was some choice involved. But after HoT, PvE has become a craptastic grind forced upon us whether we like it or not. Don’t ask for sympathy from the PvE players, they are just as clueless as ANET is.

HoT was a huge slap in the face to WvW players. Predictable considering ANET’s misguided mindset. I’m not sure how the devs talked themselves into this nonsense, but I hope HoT was enough of a disaster to slap the devs back into reality.

Not all of us PvE only players are ignorant to the effects of the changes had on pure WvW players.

I do wish ANet did make allowances for those players like you who don’t play PvE. And I do sympathize with the fact that they’ve made it tedious for you to actually get chests. Ranking up requires taking things and if WvW is pretty dead, taking things can be impossible. Either you’ve got everything, or you don’t have enough numbers to take enough things to rank up.

So please stop talking like no pure PvE players sympathize with pure WvW players. Because it’s not true. Thank you.